World Cup 66 KOP

22 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I figure it was taken from the north, or 'cantilever' as it was then known, looking towards the south eastern corner, so did catch bar lane stretch so far down?

14 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Been a while since I walked past the school but isn't it in the South West corner of the ground?

This is the South East corner isn't it?

it is indeed a photo of the kop and south stand taken from the cantilever. 

I would imagine any piccy of the ground from the Penistone road looking south would show the building, get looking folks.

On 19/08/2019 at 10:15, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

In the top right hand corner there appears to be a building with a similar central gable to the South Stand. Appears to sit in the space between the Kop and the South as it would have been then.

It could just be the houses on Penostone Road but appears from that perspective to be on the near side of the Don. 

Any idea what it was?

The trees mark the river. The house is still there - depending on the lenses the cameras used far off objects might appear nearer.

3 hours ago, marconi said:

9D7DF0C4-C4A7-4254-9A3E-13D49FFE89EA.jpeg

Must be the houses then. The original picture looks like a front elevation with a gable in the middle like the South Stand roof.

But it must be the roof of one house viewed diagonally, its gable end and then the a roof from a house in the next row again diagonally.

Seems so close though. The modern picture makes them look much further away, as they are in reality.