Get thi’sen off to Lincoln Mr Chansiri

53 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

percentage football soon gets boring and predictable. But done right its successful and not as expensive even nowadays. Teams still dont have the players with enough creative skill to breakdown well drilled zonal, set plays and strict marking systems teams employ. The best way to beat this is dribbling (very few players can dribble well now)and quick 1 2 passing with overlapping team mates in every position. Paulo DiCanio and Chris Waddle are the best dribblers I seen at swfc. Mel Sterland was good to but more strength and tenacity than pure skill and Mark Chamberlain was amazing on his day and really quick. (His son is Alex Oxlade Chamberlain). All the best European teams have 8 to 10 players who can dribble. Best 2 teams in England have skilled dribblers in more numbers than lesser sides. I was very involved with football at all youth levels when a kid. No emphasis was ever placed on dribbling. Only strength, heading ability and positional play. My best attributes were speed and running with the ball. I never planned what i would do, it was spontaneous and the best idea to get past players at the time. Always remember at a club that is not swfc in sheffield i was playing against grimsby in northern intermediate league. After 80 mins I couldnt see a pass on so made a few moves towards goal and everything opened up for a 1 on 1 with goalie. I dribbled pastGK and scored only to get a bollocking off manager for not passing to winger before run which was a blind pass anyway. My dad told him he was an idiot and next day i was told to not turn up and i had to watch lesser skilled players that had only strength and ass kissing parents get all the pro forms. The youth coach once had us 3 hours every night for 2 weeks hitting full pitch width long balls from a standing ball. I still cant remember ever passing a standing ball in open play now after 25 years playing. Things are changing. My cousin son is at Swansea. they follow the barca system. All youth teams do not allow GK to kick ball from hands. Ball is passed or thrown. He a CM with bags of skill. Watch out for Connor Shields at swansea. Was late grower and was small upto recently and has now grown to average height, but cus he had to use skill not strength to get noticed he gonna be very special. He is tearing up the youth teams, top kid, grounded, and obviously special. unfortunately welsh ! My cousin was international rugby winger and super fast and hard as nails. The difference from my youth is polar opposite 35 years ago he would have had carrer ended by intentional bad tackle after 5 min of taking on opposition. That is what we was told to do back then. My dad lost count how many times managers shouted to break my legs at as young as 12 for nothing more than taking on players. Most youth coaches were ex players with no brains to do anything than football. They was judged on results. Not future possibilities. Also if your parents willing to creep up ass of coach you got a place. If you mentioned an explayer was a family member then it was nailed on. Dave Bassett once watched me I scored 3 headers and after game asked me to do more jumping in training as at 5 10 at 14 was too small for a CF.These management styles are nearly gone. We still 30 or 40 years behind Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Belgium who changed systems about 30 years ago and now seeing the benefit. The Pullis's and Mcarthy's should be retiring. The scouting system at SWFC could be so much better. Genuine young talent is ignored for instant success not future possibilities.

I am not reading through all that. Must of taken an hour to write. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

WRONG. Lee Bullen is SWFC manager on a temp basis. He has not been appointed the long term SWFC manager. I painting it correctly. You said we needed a manager. We have one. With your huge extensive knowledge of football and the english language please enlighten me on this massive difference between caretaker manager and manager. I really would like to know. I can think of only 1 small difference which is the contract length. Contracts are terminated early in most terms anyway - so i think this is only a small difference. Taking into account LB time at the club in other roles I think this makes his caretaker manager role no different at all. Pls fill me in. Or the free ticket is not enough to say you wrong and you to stubborn to admit it. I so uncertain i really need an answer quickly even if its the wrong answer, at least i will be certain its the wrong answer

:laugh: I didn’t say we needed a new manager. I said the manager situation needs sorting. Wether that’s Bullen or not? Right now it’s not sorted, that creates uncertainty... I’ll care to expand, after every win it’s “give him the job” and after defeat it’s “get a proper manager in”, that’s uncertainty. Even amongst players they’ll want to know whose the manager... if someone comes in next week they may not like the same formation, same players, that will create uncertainty. I just think the situation needs a resolution as we don’t have a manager. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

:laugh: I didn’t say we needed a new manager. I said the manager situation needs sorting. Wether that’s Bullen or not? Right now it’s not sorted, that creates uncertainty... I’ll care to expand, after every win it’s “give him the job” and after defeat it’s “get a proper manager in”, that’s uncertainty. Even amongst players they’ll want to know whose the manager... if someone comes in next week they may not like the same formation, same players, that will create uncertainty. I just think the situation needs a resolution as we don’t have a manager. 

That is totally different from the post and is equally wrong with conclusion from deductions that are not correct. So yes the permanent manager needs to be sorted. More importantly than quick is getting the right man. If people have the opinion that LB should get the permanent gig then good for them. Opinions are what helps make football great. But opinions that are based on misconceptions or wrong information need putting right. Only idiots then carry on digging deeper.

Fact is we have a manager. Quite simply you are an idiot and a very stubborn idiot if you can not understand this very simple concept.

You said there is a huge difference. I asked you to explain but obviously you cant because there is not a huge difference.

Bullen is a better fit atm than most names being touted. I would prefer Bullen until the end of season than another Jos. 

What proves your an idiot is you are quite happy to be certain that we have the wrong manager (as you say a manager is only a manager if they have a 4 year contract) than have a manager that is loyal, knowledgeable and well liked by players and fans even on a temp basis. Your reasoning for this absurd opinion just prove ever more so that i wasting my time. But I hope your uncertainty gets better when as you say "we have a manger" but I doubt it as football is not the right sport for feeling certain. I may be stupid as you say. But i can admit when i wrong. But then again i not certain. 

Are SWFC alone in having some of the strangest opinions from a few fans. Out of all the valid points that can be discussed why is such a small concept difficult to grasp before making bizarre conclusions based on those concepts that are obviously not understood. Basic explanations are ignored for the sake of backing up strange misconceptions that are quite easy to research before concluding my stupidity for understanding very simple words and there meaning.

Does the comment get a proper manager in imply we have a manager already that is not proper as you stated ????

If another manager does come in and players dont like the tactics, which you say creates uncertainty prove to you that the wrong man will have replaced the current manager and on a longer term basis to boot. This also is different from the uncertainty you originally say is felt for "not having a manager". The situation needs resolving correctly not for the sake of you feeling less uncertainty. If this takes a little longer time to be done right there is zero uncertainty with anyone with any sense which unfortunately does not include you judging by your posts. I am certain the most uncertainty that could be made is a rash quick appointment of LB replacement when LB is as good if not better than the other applicants

4 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

He’s the caretaker :laugh: I genuinely can’t comprehend how someone doesn’t see the difference between someone being caretaker and the manager. He isn’t the manager yet no matter how many capital letters you use :laugh:

Caretaker definition

Caretaker definition, a person who is in charge of the maintenance of a building, estate, etc.; superintendent.  ???????????????

HE IS DEFINITELY NOT THE CARETAKER THEN ACCORDING TO DICTIONARY

Caretaker manager definition

In association footballing terms, a caretaker manager is somebody who takes temporary charge of the management of a football club, usually when the regular manager is dismissed, or leaves for a different club.

Question - Does temporary charge mean that LB is not our current manager ??? No

Question - How uncertain did Bruce make you feel when he left the club at a drop of a hat despite a contract for long term manager ???

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

That is totally different from the post and is equally wrong with conclusion from deductions that are not correct. So yes the permanent manager needs to be sorted. More importantly than quick is getting the right man. If people have the opinion that LB should get the permanent gig then good for them. Opinions are what helps make football great. But opinions that are based on misconceptions or wrong information need putting right. Only idiots then carry on digging deeper.

Fact is we have a manager. Quite simply you are an idiot and a very stubborn idiot if you can not understand this very simple concept.

You said there is a huge difference. I asked you to explain but obviously you cant because there is not a huge difference.

Bullen is a better fit atm than most names being touted. I would prefer Bullen until the end of season than another Jos. 

What proves your an idiot is you are quite happy to be certain that we have the wrong manager (as you say a manager is only a manager if they have a 4 year contract) than have a manager that is loyal, knowledgeable and well liked by players and fans even on a temp basis. Your reasoning for this absurd opinion just prove ever more so that i wasting my time. But I hope your uncertainty gets better when as you say "we have a manger" but I doubt it as football is not the right sport for feeling certain. I may be stupid as you say. But i can admit when i wrong. But then again i not certain. 

Are SWFC alone in having some of the strangest opinions from a few fans. Out of all the valid points that can be discussed why is such a small concept difficult to grasp before making bizarre conclusions based on those concepts that are obviously not understood. Basic explanations are ignored for the sake of backing up strange misconceptions that are quite easy to research before concluding my stupidity for understanding very simple words and there meaning.

Does the comment get a proper manager in imply we have a manager already that is not proper as you stated ????

If another manager does come in and players dont like the tactics, which you say creates uncertainty prove to you that the wrong man will have replaced the current manager and on a longer term basis to boot. This also is different from the uncertainty you originally say is felt for "not having a manager". The situation needs resolving correctly not for the sake of you feeling less uncertainty. If this takes a little longer time to be done right there is zero uncertainty with anyone with any sense which unfortunately does not include you judging by your posts. I am certain the most uncertainty that could be made is a rash quick appointment of LB replacement when LB is as good if not better than the other applicants

God you can waffle :laugh: Bullen isn’t currently the manager of Sheffield Wednesday. I did explain :laugh:

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Caretaker definition

Caretaker definition, a person who is in charge of the maintenance of a building, estate, etc.; superintendent.  ???????????????

HE IS DEFINITELY NOT THE CARETAKER THEN ACCORDING TO DICTIONARY

Caretaker manager definition

In association footballing terms, a caretaker manager is somebody who takes temporary charge of the management of a football club, usually when the regular manager is dismissed, or leaves for a different club.

Question - Does temporary charge mean that LB is not our current manager ??? No

Question - How uncertain did Bruce make you feel when he left the club at a drop of a hat despite a contract for long term manager ???

God even more waffle and even more capital letters :laugh:. How you can not accept the difference between a proper manager and a caretaker I don’t know. :laugh:

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

wrong short sweet - wrong. wasting my time

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

you said we dont have a manager. Bit of a difference

Good I’ve never met anyone be able to cram so many words into such an utterly ridiculous argument :laugh: I’ve said since the start the decision needs to be made wether that’s Bullen or not, turns out your as good at reading as you are writing :laugh:. I actually want Bullen to be appointed! 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Good I’ve never met anyone be able to cram so many words into such an utterly ridiculous argument :laugh: I’ve said since the start the decision needs to be made wether that’s Bullen or not, turns out your as good at reading as you are writing :laugh:. I actually want Bullen to be appointed! 

Who gets the job on a longer term basis is not the point to what you posted. Can you not remember what you posted. You said the uncertainty of not having a nabager needs sorting quickly.

The point is We have a manager currently. Nothing is uncertain about that. You made a knee jerk post after millwall that was not correct in many ways. 

Most important is there is zero uncertainty of who is currently managing the 1st team. We dont need to panic with LB in charge. DC needs time to find the right man who if possible is a better fit than LB. No one is available yet with those attributes. No panic no uncertainty. The right man will be given the permanent manager job when he is found. If no better available LB will carry on managing. We lucky to have LB who does not put pride or any other emotion in front of doing his best for SWFC when he is needed. Suggesting that the current situation is problematic is wrong and based on misgivings that you have about the caretaker managers role that LB has.

He does just what a permanent manger would do with the knowledge if the chairman finds what he thinks is a better man he will be given the job. and LB will step down to another position in the club.

No need to create any histeria or problem not around.

But i can assure you we are not managerless and LB is doing the best he can, which we should all be happy and certain about