Get thi’sen off to Lincoln Mr Chansiri

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

The difference is Wilder assembled that side, a PE teacher coming into a dressing room of millionaire footballers , some who have played at international level is not  going to work .

Yeah you're right.

I mean...........an interpreter working in foorball for instance, would be a completely ludicrous choice as a manager wouldn't they? 

Even if that interpreter went on to become one of the most successful manager's of the modern era.

But you're right, let's not take any kind of a chance on being proved wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cain said:

Yeah, really........United gambled on a lower league manager who was getting promotion after promotion.....Look what it’s done for them

Wilder had one FL promotion before he joined the pigs

From league 2 to 1 with Northampton

He had also won promtoion to the FL from the conference with Oxford

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Wilder had one FL promotion before he joined the pigs

From league 2 to 1 with Northampton

He had also won promtoion to the FL from the conference with Oxford

Still twice as many promotions then any of our recent managers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

It's one thing overachieving at a small club with no expectations, to being able to manage one the size of Wednesday, with the expectations of our fans and the ego's in our squad.

Can't agree more bud and has been my general response everytime people harp on about these guys. 

You cannot deny they've done really well, but look what happened when everyone's favourite of old Hurst moved up to this level. 

1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

What a ridiculous post!

Wednesday played great today regardless of it being a 1-0 loss Millwall never let teams naturally play football it's all about thuggery! It seems as if the lads are gelling nicely it was obvious the attempt to take Keiran lee out of the game.

Play like that against any of the top teams we will win the majority.

It's only 3 games in the signs are there fo a good season.

#Beleive 

WAWAW

We didnt play well...

I'd probably stick with Bullen, but if we were going external then Danny Cowley would be the top of my (realistic) list.  He, along with his brother and management team, have performed absolute miracles and not just at Lincoln.

Took Concord Rangers from the Essex Senior League with crowds of less than 50 to the National League South, that's three promotions.  Then went to Braintree and took one of the only part time teams into the division into the playoffs, and finally Lincoln taking them from National League to top of League 1.

Could he work with highly paid players?  Don't know but I'd rather him than one of the merry go round managers that keep getting linked that have already proved they can't work with any footballers.   I know he has a reputation for long ball football, but that is a bit harsh and he adapts his style of play to the players he has and the opponents they are playing.

I know I keep banging the drum, but it’s an absolute no-brainer that we should be going all out to get the Cowleys to Hillsborough... it’s actually starting to frustrate me knowing that we’re not pursuing them and that another team will grab them very soon.

In football, and in life, you’ve got to grab opportunities, and I can’t think of a manager in the lower leagues since Wilder that is so obviously something special that hasn’t yet been picked-up...

And there’s  people actually saying that Bullen should be left to tread water week-to-week just because he’s a well-liked man.

”Yes, but today wasn’t Bullen’s fault.” - I’m not talking about today. I’m not talking about the next game (I think we’ll beat Luton with Bullen), I’m taking about 30 games down the road when the bigger picture has unraveled.

We’ve had a decent start to the season because we’ve got a decent team (thanks to Bruce’s philosophy), not because of our caretaker manager.

Chansiri - go and get the Cowleys before it’s too late.

3 minutes ago, standerino said:

In football, and in life, you’ve got to grab opportunities, and I can’t think of a manager in the lower leagues since Wilder that is so obviously something special that hasn’t yet been picked-up...

Wilder wasn't "special" - he had gained one promotion from league two to league one before he joined the pigs

Lots of managers have such a record

Bullen is a better option atm due to him knowing what Bruce had in mind with the signings and the team. The difference between Lincoln and SWFC is worlds apart, Cowley would be a huge gamble and I sure Chansiri is not a gambling man. I think Chansiri is looking for a seriously good manager of good pedigree and experience. If we really serious about promotion Claudio Ranieri is the man. Get him for the season and see how it goes. We need a proven manager otherwise LB is best for us to continue what was started already which apart from today has gone quite well.

• Haha 1