Get thi’sen off to Lincoln Mr Chansiri

5 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

They have a Eddie Howe / Chris Wilder feel to them. One thing is for certain is that we can’t plod along in uncertainty for much longer.  A decision on the manager needs to be made after the Luton game so we can move forward. 

What uncertainty, every manager in any club is a few losses away from being sacked. Thats just football

15 minutes ago, scram said:

Wilder wasn't "special" - he had gained one promotion from league two to league one before he joined the pigs

Lots of managers have such a record

From afar, you could see he had an air of consistency about him...

Alfreton - successful (4 trophies)

Oxford - promotion

Northampton - saved from relegation and then promoted within 2 seasons

United took a shot on him, but in reality he had all the markings of a successful manager. 

Done a fabulous job at Lincoln but  went to a Lincoln game last year in league two and the friendly this season against us and wasnt impressed with the style of play in what can be only be described as hoof ball.. obviously was in league two so most games are in that division and I personally don't mind if that style brings results. Just what I have seen not sure it would be a right fit for us especially with the negativity over Pulis being linked with the job. Has maybe some one seen how Crowleys team play more regularly as to why he could cut it in the Championship? 

37 minutes ago, standerino said:

I know I keep banging the drum, but it’s an absolute no-brainer that we should be going all out to get the Cowleys to Hillsborough... it’s actually starting to frustrate me knowing that we’re not pursuing them and that another team will grab them very soon.

In football, and in life, you’ve got to grab opportunities, and I can’t think of a manager in the lower leagues since Wilder that is so obviously something special that hasn’t yet been picked-up...

And there’s  people actually saying that Bullen should be left to tread water week-to-week just because he’s a well-liked man.

”Yes, but today wasn’t Bullen’s fault.” - I’m not talking about today. I’m not talking about the next game (I think we’ll beat Luton with Bullen), I’m taking about 30 games down the road when the bigger picture has unraveled.

We’ve had a decent start to the season because we’ve got a decent team (thanks to Bruce’s philosophy), not because of our caretaker manager.

Chansiri - go and get the Cowleys before it’s too late.

^^^^^

This 

5 hours ago, Brando17 said:

tell you someat bud we dont perform tuesday and i think we will approach them,awful today,should have been at least a point after they went to 10 men,especially the chances we had

I dont think awful describes the performance today at all. Millwall did a job on us. 70% possession and perhaps 2 chances of any note was frustrating. The likes of KW making errors of such magnitude is nearly unforgivable. I would love to know what LB thinks of him atm.If I was LB i would be very upset. Going into the start of the season unbeaten would have been a great foundation for a good season and for LB to be handed the job on a plate if we was up there still November / December. Thev lack of a really proven manager with the right credentials is very worrying considering one of the last managers that was appoiinted. We in no real hurry to bring in a unproven manager. Thge current squad if fit has real possibilities. Bullen in charge is not time to panic. We lucky to have him

• Haha 1

LB being well liked is due to 

43 minutes ago, standerino said:

I know I keep banging the drum, but it’s an absolute no-brainer that we should be going all out to get the Cowleys to Hillsborough... it’s actually starting to frustrate me knowing that we’re not pursuing them and that another team will grab them very soon.

In football, and in life, you’ve got to grab opportunities, and I can’t think of a manager in the lower leagues since Wilder that is so obviously something special that hasn’t yet been picked-up...

And there’s  people actually saying that Bullen should be left to tread water week-to-week just because he’s a well-liked man.

”Yes, but today wasn’t Bullen’s fault.” - I’m not talking about today. I’m not talking about the next game (I think we’ll beat Luton with Bullen), I’m taking about 30 games down the road when the bigger picture has unraveled.

We’ve had a decent start to the season because we’ve got a decent team (thanks to Bruce’s philosophy), not because of our caretaker manager.

LB is like by players and fans and DC. That does not mean he should get the job. It means we dont need to rush into hiring unproven inexperienced manager. You may be right about Cowley but i would like to see him get more experience before coming to a promotion wanting championship club. If i was Cowley i would feel the same. It could be occupational suicide to take the SWFC managers jiob at this stage of his career

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cfox198 said:

Done a fabulous job at Lincoln but  went to a Lincoln game last year in league two and the friendly this season against us and wasnt impressed with the style of play in what can be only be described as hoof ball.. obviously was in league two so most games are in that division and I personally don't mind if that style brings results. Just what I have seen not sure it would be a right fit for us especially with the negativity over Pulis being linked with the job. Has maybe some one seen how Crowleys team play more regularly as to why he could cut it in the Championship? 

Very good point. The style of football suited to success at lower levels is totally different to the championship

28 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

What uncertainty, every manager in any club is a few losses away from being sacked. Thats just football

We don’t have a manager though? We have no idea if we are looking for one of sticking with Bullen, if that’s not considered uncertainty then I don’t know what is

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

We don’t have a manager though? We have no idea if we are looking for one of sticking with Bullen, if that’s not considered uncertainty then I don’t know what is

we have a manager. Its up to the chairman who he hires. If you feel uncertainty then it must be a regular thing. Nothing is certain in football. Although i am certain LB is the manager currently. Whether he will be in the future is down to results just like every other manager

1 hour ago, standerino said:

How do you know that we haven’t tried / aren’t trying?

6 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Bullen is a better option atm due to him knowing what Bruce had in mind with the signings and the team. The difference between Lincoln and SWFC is worlds apart, Cowley would be a huge gamble and I sure Chansiri is not a gambling man. I think Chansiri is looking for a seriously good manager of good pedigree and experience. If we really serious about promotion Claudio Ranieri is the man. Get him for the season and see how it goes. We need a proven manager otherwise LB is best for us to continue what was started already which apart from today has gone quite well.

Thank you. At last a voice of reason. Wednesday are a massive club and with a huge fan base with massive expectations. We need an solid, experienced manager who can handle that pressure. I thought we had him in Bruce but that’s life.

Calling for the current Lincoln manager is an absolute joke. He’d be dead in the water on here after his first loss anyway, just look at some of the comments in this thread. Pathetic really, just because we’ve lost one game.....?

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

How do you know that we haven’t tried / aren’t trying?

You’re right, I don’t know that. I guess because we haven’t been strongly linked to him other than from that Biggs tweet, I’m assuming we’ve not been pursuing him.

13 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Ask the squad how confident they were under Jos, even when winning games?  They hated him and it soon turned.  Results will last a small amount of time but if there is disharmony in the squad they will soon falter.  

If player ego v team progression is even a factor then it’s probably time to dismantle the squad, whoever the manager is.

We’re a mid table championship club not PSG!

On 27/07/2019 at 19:25, dfoster said:

I'm not generally ITK but in relation to Cowley I am - and we've asked him four times to come for interview but he refuses to drop Lincoln in the poo so close to start of season / end of window, especially after having apparently got exactly what he asked for in terms of transfer budget. Last time we asked was Tues or Weds evening so the job was still live then.

Rowett wants it bad, was interviewed and it went well but last week he thought he was second choice.

39 minutes ago, standerino said:

You’re right, I don’t know that. I guess because we haven’t been strongly linked to him other than from that Biggs tweet, I’m assuming we’ve not been pursuing him.

Not inconceivable for the above post to be true i.e. we’ve approached him and he’s just said no and that’s why there hasn’t been any prolonged/widespread speculation. Can’t see the fact that Lincoln have won their first 4 games and are top of the league making leaving any more appealing either.

15 hours ago, cain said:

As much as I love Bully, I don’t think he’s  the way forward. We’ve beat two of the favourites for relegation and lost to a 10 man team who will finish mid table at best...The next decision that DC makes must be the right one and I’d be ringing Lincoln City for permission to speak to the Cowley brothers...These lads seem to rip up any league that they manage in and have been my choice ever since CH turned us down

I think they are set for bigger things than us to be honest. And why come here anyway? Like walking into a hornets nest.

14 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I think they are set for bigger things than us to be honest. And why come here anyway? Like walking into a hornets nest.

Don't agree, think we are progressing very nicely at the moment, just need an icing to go on top of the cake