Get thi’sen off to Lincoln Mr Chansiri

A young , ambitious manager who has won  promotions and trophies at every club he has managed v one of the perenial failures off the managerial merry go round.  

Its a no brainer for me.id love to see us get the Cowleys and build for the future . They may have no experience at this level , but they know how to win . 

Go get them DC , before someone else does.

I think someone like the Cowley’s are our best chance of going up - but the problem with managers is you can only judge with hindsight- especially at our level. Pep and zillions to spend  - yep pretty well guaranteed. But look at the struggle even clubs like Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea have had to find the right bloke. 

Carlos probably did a bit better than his CV suggested, Jos worse. Who would have thought Dyche and Howe would have been so successful? But then again old-timers like Hodgson step up to do a good job and God only knows how Bruce would have done here. 

Chansiri just has to go with the vision that matches his and then it’s fingers crossed. If that’s Bullen he could be like Keifer Sutherland in Designated Survivor and rise to the challenge or he could be our Theresa May and be out of his depth. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Owl999 said:

The difference is Wilder assembled that side, a PE teacher coming into a dressing room of millionaire footballers , some who have played at international level is not  going to work .

I can see your very valid point on this, but surely their record should carry some 'merit'?

it could well be a brian clough and l**ds repeat jobby, but we all know who came out best on that one.

Lincoln are likely to be in our division next term, so they may take some convincing, but a club the size of wednesday may swing the balance, but then so could one the size of 'uddersfield with parachute money whilst were looking at bullen's ability.

first up, best dressed.

Whoever we get it's needs sorting as soon as. If Mr Chansiri has a fault regarding managers imo he hangs on to them for too long when things are going wrong and takes too long to.appoint new ones.

10 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

we have a manager. Its up to the chairman who he hires. If you feel uncertainty then it must be a regular thing. Nothing is certain in football. Although i am certain LB is the manager currently. Whether he will be in the future is down to results just like every other manager

“We have a manager but it’s up to the chairman who he hires? LB is the managed currently, wether he will be in the future?”

You realise how stupid that sounds :laugh: I’ve never read so many contradictions in one paragraph :laugh:

We don’t have a manager, I don’t think after a month it’s unreasonable for the situation to be sorted. Wether that’s Bullen or not. 

27 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Didn’t the Cowley brothers turn West Brom down in the summer?

Wednesday are not a big draw at the moment, FFP is around the neck with hardly any move for manoeuvre, we will end up in another embargo soon.

I thought it was all agreed but then WBA decided to go with someone else.

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

“We have a manager but it’s up to the chairman who he hires? LB is the managed currently, wether he will be in the future?”

You realise how stupid that sounds :laugh: I’ve never read so many contradictions in one paragraph :laugh:

We don’t have a manager, I don’t think after a month it’s unreasonable for the situation to be sorted. Wether that’s Bullen or not. 

Again, we do have a manager, every manager is a caretaker manager as contracts are rarely honoured to the expiry date. Its DC concern. No more or less uncertaionty than usual in football. if DC finds an improvement on the current swfc manager he will try to hire him.

GETTING THE RIGHT MANAGER IS MUCH MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN GETTING A MANAGER QUICKLY. 

No name mentioned in connection with taking over from the current SWFC very capable manager has got the cv that DC is looking for. LB is the manager still because no better option has been found. If the right man is found in the future DC will hire him. No contradiction at all. Its quite simple a manager is doing the same job as caretaker manager but with a longer contract. Which in football means very little now apart from compensation pay outs. 

DC has got a difficult task of finding someone who will be able to carry on with the foundations laid by SB and team. With the ffp we dont have the luxury of getting a man in with a totally different blueprint for moving forward than what we have now.

Stupid is not understanding that managing a club is the same as caretaker manager with only contractual differences separating them. The length of time since SB left is not important with LB as good a manager as the other applicants. We should all be happy to let DC find the right man (LB or not). It is not our concern what DC does. Our concern is what we see on the pitch. After 3 games of the season with a new team still settling in. I like what i see and have not felt as optimistic after 3 games for a long time. If DC finds someone to carry on the improvement even better.

Demanding the situation is sorted is stupid. No point rushing into the wrong appointment for the only reason being your demand as you feel uncertain. I certain your not going to feel any different if or when the prefix (caretaker) is removed. The difference to how long they are in the job is still just as uncertain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Again, we do have a manager, every manager is a caretaker manager as contracts are rarely honoured to the expiry date. Its DC concern. No more or less uncertaionty than usual in football. if DC finds an improvement on the current swfc manager he will try to hire him.

GETTING THE RIGHT MANAGER IS MUCH MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN GETTING A MANAGER QUICKLY. 

No name mentioned in connection with taking over from the current SWFC very capable manager has got the cv that DC is looking for. LB is the manager still because no better option has been found. If the right man is found in the future DC will hire him. No contradiction at all. Its quite simple a manager is doing the same job as caretaker manager but with a longer contract. Which in football means very little now apart from compensation pay outs. 

DC has got a difficult task of finding someone who will be able to carry on with the foundations laid by SB and team. With the ffp we dont have the luxury of getting a man in with a totally different blueprint for moving forward than what we have now.

Stupid is not understanding that managing a club is the same as caretaker manager with only contractual differences separating them. The length of time since SB left is not important with LB as good a manager as the other applicants. We should all be happy to let DC find the right man (LB or not). It is not our concern what DC does. Our concern is what we see on the pitch. After 3 games of the season with a new team still settling in. I like what i see and have not felt as optimistic after 3 games for a long time. If DC finds someone to carry on the improvement even better.

Demanding the situation is sorted is stupid. No point rushing into the wrong appointment for the only reason being your demand as you feel uncertain. I certain your not going to feel any different if or when the prefix (caretaker) is removed. The difference to how long they are in the job is still just as uncertain.

Paint the picture anyway you want. He’s not a the manager. 

51 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Paint the picture anyway you want. He’s not a the manager. 

Shaddup a ya face.

McCabes history of managerial appointments was largely awful, he got lucky that a man who was doing well in the lower leagues was a fan, I can't stand Wilder but he plays a certain style and always seems to able to complete the jigsaw of bringing in the right players to match his vision and get them playing at the top of their game and above. A manager like this doesn't come around very often, people were bigging up Owls fan Paul Hurst to "do a Wilder" his stint at a higher level was a disaster. Not dissing Cowley but he's as much chance of being a Hurst as he has of being a Wilder.

12 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Shaddup a ya face.

McCabes history of managerial appointments was largely awful, he got lucky that a man who was doing well in the lower leagues was a fan, I can't stand Wilder but he plays a certain style and always seems to able to complete the jigsaw of bringing in the right players to match his vision and get them playing at the top of their game and above. A manager like this doesn't come around very often, people were bigging up Owls fan Paul Hurst to "do a Wilder" his stint at a higher level was a disaster. Not dissing Cowley but he's as much chance of being a Hurst as he has of being a Wilder.

What on earth are you waffling on about? What I said literally 0 to do with anything you’ve said. 

Cowley Bros has to be the choice. They are intelligent and understand football which is key.

No idea on how to break down 10 men yesterday, we never troubled goal keeper after they went down to 10 men. made wrong decisions we needed height strength and to utilise the wings  and two men in box had Fletcher coming deep. 

Bullen relies on motivation, offered nothing from side when were struggling re formation.

We now have fitness side of game sorted. 

We need tactics and game plans which contain opposition and a realisation they will have watched us and will stop us using ploys which worked in first two games. We were comprehensively out thought by opposition manager yesterday and we failed to deal with their style of play.

I saw comment on web how Guardiola had improved players and saying will Bullen do this?, it set me thinking do we think current coaching team will improve our players or even have ability to refine current tactics.