Loan signings from Prem clubs? Opinions?

Does anyone have a view on the current rules on Prem clubs and sending youth/academy players out on loan? Do we do enough as a club to source players or do we have trust and faith in our academy system? Is the art of squad building more to do with developing youth rather than spunk cash on “off the peg/ready to wear” squad players?

Edited by F. Spiksley

Chelsea loan out around 100 players a year, I'd try and get a couple from them. Even the big spenders and top teams in this League, plus the teams who do better than expected, generally are boosted by top flight loanees. We should be able to attract some or should aim to grab a couple. Could probably loan in better quality than what we could afford to buy within FFP limits.

Edited by The Night-Owl

your always in the market for better players but getting  players from the prem and giving them a regular starting place isn't that easy as many over the years have found out here …..we've had shed loads over the years from agbongalor to the lad whos name escapes me from spurs last season and very few have made an impression .

10 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Come on mate, you know the crack on here by now... you can’t say names like that without posting photos too...

AF89AB67-F8D7-4B84-AA76-ACAB37745024.jpeg

My apologies

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

or better still get a gf that looks like Rachel Riley, that likes football and is as smart as her to teach OT how to spell the likes of Hughton :ph34r::wub::ghoulguy:

To be honest,  if I had a gf that looked like her, I wouldn't care if she was as thick as shiite.

• Haha 1