U23's @ Staveley MWFC

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Maybe the majority went to #proper Bradford ? Sorry couldn’t resist .

Yes, okay

I'd have thought given the distance from Dewsbury (about 10 miles?) you'd be more aware of local pronunciation than most

I spent a good few years working alongside a bloke from 'Bratford'

It's been second nature ever since  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Yes, okay

I'd have thought given the distance from Dewsbury (about 10 miles?) you'd be more aware of local pronunciation than most

I spent a good few years working alongside a bloke from 'Bratford'

It's been second nature ever since  :rolleyes:

Ok I see yes sorry , too clever for me !! Ha 

• Like 1

What a good match that must have been, wish the U23 games were on iFollow , because U23's are trying for a spot at Hillsborough, as either Matchday First 11, or Squad.  

Thank you Ethel the Tree, and John O'Brien for informing us here in the U.S.A. about the doings of the U23's, in real-time...all that's missing is a Lord Snooty OMDU23T, and iFollow, and of course, the post-Match discussion on Owlstalk.  

This match could have gone either way, but the Wednesday U23's did NOT lose heart just because the opponent netted one in 4 minutes time, and were  in the game, until the final few minutes.  Good football, is good football, and that was good, from what I read, in real-time, written by reputable sources. 

Hoping this U23 coverage will be present, this Season, in real-time, audio-video, commentators "the Tree", and O'Brien.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

He was busy tonight Ethel and done really well.

Delighted to see your lad and the team returning to form.

was that a much better performance from previous games this season?

• Like 2

Thanks for that @Neon Nick

I'm also an Owl in exile of sorts - although a lot closer to 'home' than the USA

Back in the 80s our junior side played their Northern Intermediate League home games on the mornings when our 1st team played at Hillsborough in the afternoons

As a ST holder I rarely missed a game

The reserves would compete in the Central League and I'd try and get to every away game within a 30mile radius of home

Times change and these days it's the U18s & U23s and sadly, the chances of me getting to see them are few and far between

Thankfully, however, the internet allows me to keep up to date - with varying degrees of success

For the last year or so I've been relaying to Owlstalk the updates I would normally be following anyway on my own

The interest is there, obviously

Last night's game attracted a crowd of 287 for an U23 pre-season friendly and more than five thousand views on here

I'd hope the club recognizes the interest these games generate and do more to satisfy it

If not through iFollow then certainly via our own YouTube channel - other clubs do it, so why not us?

In the meantime, I'm happy to carry on doing what I do - searching for live updates and passing them on

We know some clubs are good at providing quality coverage whilst others are just as lax as we seem to be

But we do have WednesdayYouth ( @KivoOwl unless I'm mistaken) whose updates are golden - when he's able to attend

And @John O'Brien who shares with us the joy of watching his lad work through our academy and whose devotion is total

It means there's a good chance most games are covered and where possible, I'll still be here to fill in the gaps  :biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Geedee said:

Smashing night out, I can see why anyone who lives nearby regulaly pays a trip to SMWFC 

I went at the back end of the season when the Owls were at Preston.

It was Staveley's last game of the season and it was free entry. A really friendly club with good facilities and an excellent set up all round.

Definitely worth a visit.

• Like 1