Other players out of contract

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

We know about the 8 first teamers, but any news on some of the youngsters who are also up - Nielsen, O'Grady, Preston - and if they're being released? 

I make it 10 under 23's are out of contract with just the three you have mentioned who have played in the first team.  Normally they would be announced all together with the first team players as they are all pros but they haven't. Out of the second year scholars only Eyad Hammoud has been released.

The ten as far as I know are Connor O'Grady, Fraser Preston, Fredrik Nielsen, Dan Wallis, Cameron McCulloch, Joe West, Ciaran Brennan, Ben Hughes, Warren Clarke and Liam Williams.

They could all be released as some have been around a while and some of the U18s will be moving up. Ben Hughes has done well out on loan so he may stay, Joe West beame a regular in U23s towards end of season so perhaps another.

Edited by Etchesketch
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I make it 10 under 23's are out of contract with just the three you have mentioned who have played in the first team.  Normally they would be announced all together with the first team players as they are all pros but they haven't. Out of the second year scholars only Eyad Hammoud has been released.

The ten as far as I know are Connor O'Grady, Fraser Preston, Fredrik Nielsen, Dan Wallis, Cameron McCulloch, Joe West, Ciaran Brennan, Ben Hughes, Warren Clarke and Liam Williams.

They could all be released as some have been around a while and some of the U18s will be moving up. Ben Hughes has done well out on loan so he may stay, Joe West beame a regular in U23s towards end of season so perhaps another.

Thought Hammoud was very highly thought of?

Looking at who’s coming up from the U18s, there will be a few gaps to fill if all 10 are released. A keeper, a centre back and a left back, at least, will be needed to be recruited from elsewhere. According to Jorge Bird, who covers Arsenal’s U23 and Academy, we’ve enquired about a couple of their youngsters. Presumably for the U23s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Looking at who’s coming up from the U18s, there will be a few gaps to fill if all 10 are released. A keeper, a centre back and a left back, at least, will be needed to be recruited from elsewhere. According to Jorge Bird, who covers Arsenal’s U23 and Academy, we’ve enquired about a couple of their youngsters. Presumably for the U23s

Won't Josh Render be in goal probably for the U23's. Do we need another bearing in mind Wildsmith may be here and play occasionaly

Just now, Etchesketch said:

Won't Josh Render be in goal probably for the U23's. Do we need another bearing in mind Wildsmith may be here and play occasionaly

If he remains here, no we won’t, but I’d rather him be sent out on loan. Hopefully Lee, Kirby and Stobbs will also be loaned out

7 hours ago, Cockers said:

I've heard Preston has been offered a further year. 

offered new contract when Jos was still in charge.  turned it down. i think he was up at SGP Thorncliffe with Stocksbridge PS a couple of weeks ago

I think West, Preston and McCullouch were only ones in u/23s on regular basis towards end of year. O'Grady was brought back in for last couple. Hughes had been regular byt was sent out on loan. with regard to those left and them coming up from U/18s I would say Preston and West stand best chance of being kept on. I think as indicated above we will look at those Chelsea,, Arsenal and Manchester City are discarding. All have released good players over last few years and we now have scouting in place which gives me encouragement we may pick up a decent player.

Other point is we are talking about u/23 team and some of players are 21/22 years of age and you get to point where they are unlikely to make breakthrough if not done so at this stage.

Preston, West, Brennan, Hughes, Palmer, Westwood and Lee appear to have been offered contracts

But 12 senior professionals and one junior already gone. Quite a significant clear out 

3 hours ago, Quist said:

Preston, West, Brennan, Hughes, Palmer, Westwood and Lee appear to have been offered contracts

But 12 senior professionals and one junior already gone. Quite a significant clear out 

I know Preston has an offer from Rangers too.

3 hours ago, Quist said:

If they have, then we probably won’t be recruiting from the outside, as that would give us an U23 squad of 17 Unless of course, the plan was to send some of the senior lads out on loan

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If they have, then we probably won’t be recruiting from the outside, as that would give us an U23 squad of 17 Unless of course, the plan was to send some of the senior lads out on loan

Individuals like Baker Kirby and Hunt need to get games so hope they do go out on loan. We need to send as many as possible. It could be compromised because think we will try and get Van Aken, Pelupessy out on loan if they can not sell them. Thought Hughes and Brennan would have been released as not been figuring in u/23s in second half of season. I think we will bring in a couple of players at least for u/23s. 

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I know Preston has an offer from Rangers too.

That's been rumoured for a while in fact I was told he was going to join them at end of season. If club know this sensible to offer him contract a means Ranger will have to pay for him, not much but every little helps.