Wednesday - V Forest OMDT

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I wasn't having a strop.  The first half was poor. The second half was different class. All 11 raised their game. Suspect Bruce gave them a rollicking at half time. 

That's why he is a good manager.

Rookie error ? Not sure what you mean

I thought the first half was decent. We had Reach and Pessy in mid, we're never going to create lots. Had a number of decent chances.

2nd half we blew them away. The energy we are playing with is incredible, it feels like the new manager effect happening every game. 

Steve Bruce is brilliant. And well done to Matias particularly, that 1st goal was such quick thinking.

Edited by swfc-dan

42 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think he gets pushed deep because he's not physical enough to drive forward with the ball...a like for like would be Strachen (who could)... I'll get slaughtered.. but I think he slows us up.

I don't care... it's what I think.

Nah you won't get slaughtered, your opinion is as good as anyone else's.

But...

Strachan could, because he was a player and a nasty bugger as well.

Bannan did far better in CC's first two years because he had someone forward to play with/off.

Then we had Bannan, Hooper, wallace, Lee, Forestieri all playing one two's all over the place.

3 minutes ago, MAL said:

Nah you won't get slaughtered, your opinion is as good as anyone else's.

But...

Strachan could, because he was a player and a nasty bugger as well.

Bannan did far better in CC's first two years because he had someone forward to play with/off.

Then we had Bannan, Hooper, wallace, Lee, Forestieri all playing one two's all over the place.

I've never thought he had the ability to hold the pivot in midfield Mal...

He's a very good passer of the ball...and that's about it.

Maybe a number 10 type.... I don't know..he doesn't work for me.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I've never thought he had the ability to hold the pivot in midfield Mal...

He's a very good passer of the ball...and that's about it.

Maybe a number 10 type.... I don't know..he doesn't work for me.

We are still talking about Bannan Right?

If he was allowed to hold the pivot in midfield, instead of chasing all over the place, he definitely has the ability.

He would be a decent number 10, because he would link up very well with all the other forwards, from where he could drop deep into midfield and cause havoc from there.

IMHO

4 minutes ago, MAL said:

We are still talking about Bannan Right?

If he was allowed to hold the pivot in midfield, instead of chasing all over the place, he definitely has the ability.

He would be a decent number 10, because he would link up very well with all the other forwards, from where he could drop deep into midfield and cause havoc from there.

IMHO

Sheridan (different times/class) held the pivot because he had runners... I agree.

But he could also tackle...head (a bit) and strike a dead ball.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Not really hahaha

We we’rent very good and Matias was absolute dogga mate

Hes useless - get your blinkers off

Rubbishing someone's ability while simultaneously butchering the English language..... love this place. lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Sheridan (different times/class) held the pivot because he had runners... I agree.

But he could also tackle...head (a bit) and strike a dead ball.

Yeah, Sheridan was different class, totally agree.

But in comparison, Bannan has virtually no movement to aim at (unlike the first two seasons where he looked very good).

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Yeah, Sheridan was different class, totally agree.

But in comparison, Bannan has virtually no movement to aim at (unlike the first two seasons where he looked very good).

Yes Mal... but you've got to have both options as the main man in midfield... drive forward with the ball at your feet or drive forward with quick passing interplay.

Tapping it about around in your own half looks good.. but the opposites love it.

Btw.. I do like him... I just (always have really) think he's given too much importance in the team.

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I didn't know you were back Corky!

Did you manage to dig up that evidence you were fetching to prove Chansiri coming here was a sinister land grab operation?

He's with me in my kitchen.. plotting dot's downfall..WTF:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Stranger things have happened. Also, whatever happens, we shouldn't lose track of how impressive our turnaround has been given how low JL took us in every sense. 

Bruce has really galvanised the troops. 

Most impressive really for my money though is the improvement he's brought about in what might be considered the fringe players. Fox, Palmer, Boyd.  

Just hope he manages to build a side which I'm sure he has forming in his mind.