Just got back...

11 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Forest were a lot better than us, and I don’t reckon they came out of second gear 

we were chasing shadows most of the game. When we got the ball we lost it within 10 seconds 

Forest only played better after an hour or so and were not as smooth as Stoke in passing and nor in keeping possession.

I thought it looked like two moderate teams for the first hour and it's the chances which slowly made the difference and Carvalho, an expensive player, began to shine down the left as confidence grew.

Nuhui's off side goal ( only marginally offside) and his bungle when he got through on their keeper blew it. Dawson good in blocking and parrying but their second goal wide to his left had me feeling he might have anticipated it going there, and how Grabban was allowed to head a cross in from the edge of his goal area was a bit worrying. Most of the time Forest's shooting was poor.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Forest only played better after an hour or so and were not as smooth as Stoke in passing and nor in keeping possession.

I thought it looked like two moderate teams for the first hour and it's the chances which slowly made the difference and Carvalho, an expensive player, began to shine down the left as confidence grew.

Nuhui's off side goal ( only marginally offside) and his bungle when he got through on their keeper blew it. Dawson good in blocking and parrying but their second goal wide to his left had me feeling he might have anticipated it going there, and how Grabban was allowed to head a cross in from the edge of his goal area was a bit worrying. Most of the time Forest's shooting was poor.

Watch it again and take note of the amazing last ditch tackle on Nuhiu by their 18.

11 hours ago, victorturner said:

Did not think the team was much worse than Forest.

They scored two good goals while we had that big mess up by Nuhui and had very few shots because of nothing created upfront.

Joao needed a footballer to play with him, Bannan was too alone in midfield and have to agree Fox had a good first 60 minutes but seemed to tire.

Joao did nothing was lazy at least Nuhiu scored 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Watch it again and take note of the amazing last ditch tackle on Nuhiu by their 18.

OK. Will do. Didn't find the TV camera was always that clear or focused in on the action and of course no replays on that Sky system of midweek programme. On Quest highlights, only marginally better ( hard to see from their replay how Grabban got his head to that ball from the cross when he was on the end of the goal area surrounded by defenders , some of whom looked useless actually). Have seen no close up of Nuhu's apparent bungle to see any brilliant tackle but surely he could have got a shot in earlier?

3 hours ago, torres said:

...................and we got out fought by a team that isn’t overly physical 

You can only be out fought if you put up a fight. Disgusting display, that says a lot. Almost all of them looked as if they couldn't be arsed.

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

OK. Will do. Didn't find the TV camera was always that clear or focused in on the action and of course no replays on that Sky system of midweek programme. On Quest highlights, only marginally better ( hard to see from their replay how Grabban got his head to that ball from the cross when he was on the end of the goal area surrounded by defenders , some of whom looked useless actually). Have seen no close up of Nuhu's apparent bungle to see any brilliant tackle but surely he could have got a shot in earlier?

It'll be on YouTube at midday.

Thornilly was heaved out of the way for the header..that's how he got the header.

Nuhiu had no chance...one of the most perfectly timed challenges you'll see.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It'll be on YouTube at midday.

Thornilly was heaved out of the way for the header..that's how he got the header.

Nuhiu had no chance...one of the most perfectly timed challenges you'll see.

Interesting. Thanks. You can indeed see Thorniley trying to get up for the ball, and being impeded has got to be the explanation for Grabban getting that ball. Either Reach ( I think) or Joao doing nothing much in there seemingly leaping up with no purpose closer to the cross.

Did wonder where Dawson was as we all know keepers who might have jumped out and punched that ball. Once a header comes in from the edge of the goal area, keeper has little chance unless header goes straight at him.

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Had a few last night? Palmer and Pelupessy didn't play. And who the fizz is Lt Uhuru?

Or have I been whooshed? 

TiC, Palmer and Pelupessy are the players that fans like to blame for every thing wrong in their lives, yet we have gone 5 games undefeated with them in the team and looked very poor, in midfield least night.

Maybe now we know what Pellupessy brings to the table.

Lt Uhuru is just my jokey name for Josh.

Edited by adelphi1867
  • Thanks 1

Speaks volumes when Fox is your stand-out player, doesn't it?

Key issues, as before, from last night was our lack of pace and keeping calm... guessing that we want to move the ball about quickly, but we should also learn to keep our cool and rather retain the ball than make poo passes.. Pudil was a shadow of his former self.. several poor touches and decisions, Nuhiu as forward that can hold the ball and bring the team up the pitch, but then he either loses it or makes a bad pass... Lees, Reach and Matias need to up their game. I'll give a pass to Baker and Joao, and I'm glad we at least had Thorniley, Bannan and Onomah to give us something to fight with.

And of course, when there's a match, you flipping turn up at the first whistle, not when there's 85 minutes on the clock...

And completely agree about us chasing shadows; heck, Pearson called it a goal for their first and rightly so.. everything was saying that shot would go in, yet we fail to put a solid, defensive header on it which is what was needed and it passed plenty of our players on the way in... Same with second goal, first defender is sold down the river by the back heel pass going past him, but then you can't let the exact same happen again AND let the first guy (Carvalho) get past you and execute that looped shot... wee wee poor defending...