Away games, a closed shop?

On 11/09/2018 at 12:28, danblakemore said:

I was wondering if it was only me that starts to see away games as something I might not get to anymore due to ticketing structures?

Villa away is the latest example of how many points you need to get a ticket and how if your not a multi-year season ticket holder with numourus away points you have virtually no chance of going. 

What seems to be the modern trend of being able to go for some one like me (1 year season ticket holder) Is to borrow someone else's points, and by you going, you actually give them more points, thereby enhancing the closed shop...

I don't know the answer, but it's a shame that many fans might not be able to get to many away matches soon.

Sorry, sounds a bit negative... I'm not really negative lol

I haven’t read the whole thread so am just replying to you, so apologies if others have said similar to this. 

Me and my mate said after play off final that we’d make more of an effort (always gone to 2 or 3 away games) seeing as we both have young kids who eventually will probably want to come to games with us in a few years. It is a struggle at first but if you go to a few unfashionable games you start to be able to go to one or 2 you would of missed and so on. It’s taken us 2 seasons and so far this season we’ve been in first phase for every game, it is possible but you have to make an effort. 

Certainly not a closed shop but if you only want to go to Villa, Lane etc then yeah I suppose it’s tough but I think it’s a fair system.

*we did that in 2 seasons but to address the passing on of id numbers, Man U ban fans for doing that, don’t know if there is an appeal process but I’m sure it’s for life if caught?

I have a season ticket, plus go to every home cup game (which alot don't do losing an easy 10pts).

I attended 2 away games last season and have done Wigan and Reading this season. That would have got me Villa tickets if I wanted them.

Buy Season Tickets

Go to ALL home cup games

2/3 away games

You have enough to go to pretty much any game you choose.

I'm on 570 using the system above, would have got me my Villa ticket before they sold out.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:42, Pod9 said:

This is completely a myth. 

After playing non league for the past 15 years, it’s only the past three seasons that I have began watching Wednesday again. 

I have had a ST for the past two years but POTG for most of the season before. 

I went to all the rubbish, mid week games and any games that didn’t sell out. Now I have almost 800TTP. 

Ive travelled to Ipswich on a Wednesday night. 

Unfortunately, this is what you have to do if you want to go to Villa, Forest, Pigs etc. 

I too am just a renew by the year ST holder, I never used to miss but health issues are a bit of a block these days. Though I have been away twice during this early part of the season.

Police and Sagism does restrict attendances far more than 'fair points allocation' though IMO. 

6 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Whats the relevance to people who can't afford to go? They wouldn't be going anyway so the priority point system won't effect them. The point is the ones who can afford to go but don't bother going to the less attractive ones, can't moan they can't get a ticket to the likes of Villa, Pigs, Forest, Rotherham etc.

The relevance was in response to you and your quote regarding proper fans , the ones who can afford and attend are proper in your eyes. The rest not !! 

4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Bit sad that isn’t it , but standing is commonplace away could you get seats at the front ? 

not really that sad , at 65  I've done my share and in truth I can do without the hassle of driving up and down motorways ,trying to park the car when you get there ..chuck in the cost and having to stand up and   i'm happy to leave it to the young bucks and just do the far more leisurely 12 mile drive down to hilsboro a 300 yard walk down from the car park and couple of pints in the grandstand with my mate ,watch us win and home by 5-30 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not really that sad , at 65  I've done my share and in truth I can do without the hassle of driving up and down motorways ,trying to park the car when you get there ..chuck in the cost and having to stand up and   i'm happy to leave it to the young bucks and just do the far more leisurely 12 mile drive down to hilsboro a 300 yard walk down from the car park and couple of pints in the grandstand with my mate ,watch us win and home by 5-30 

Home comforts are the best eh !! . To be honest at almost 61 I’m heading the same way as you . Just trying to find a parking spot at away games  is stressing me out these days.  

7 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Keeps one fit !! 

Lol, I am a 3 time a week gym user (at least), play golf 2-3 times a week and 'jog the dog' on average about 15 miles a week. 

But none of that gives you new joints, basically sitting in the cheap seats behind a goal I simply do not find a nice experience, it reminds me of cheap seats on an aircraft. If I am stood up throughout the game at least I can move around. It may not be 'business class' but it suits me better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

Lol, I am a 3 time a week gym user (at least), play golf 2-3 times a week and 'jog the dog' on average about 15 miles a week. 

But none of that gives you new joints, basically sitting in the cheap seats behind a goal I simply do not find a nice experience, it reminds me of cheap seats on an aircraft. If I am stood up throughout the game at least I can move around. It may not be 'business class' but it suits me better. 

Oh to be young again !!!!!!