Away games, a closed shop?

I was wondering if it was only me that starts to see away games as something I might not get to anymore due to ticketing structures?

Villa away is the latest example of how many points you need to get a ticket and how if your not a multi-year season ticket holder with numourus away points you have virtually no chance of going. 

What seems to be the modern trend of being able to go for some one like me (1 year season ticket holder) Is to borrow someone else's points, and by you going, you actually give them more points, thereby enhancing the closed shop...

I don't know the answer, but it's a shame that many fans might not be able to get to many away matches soon.

Sorry, sounds a bit negative... I'm not really negative lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, danblakemore said:

I was wondering if it was only me that starts to see away games as something I might not get to anymore due to ticketing structures?

Villa away is the latest example of how many points you need to get a ticket and how if your not a multi-year season ticket holder with numourus away points you have virtually no chance of going. 

What seems to be the modern trend of being able to go for some one like me (1 year season ticket holder) Is to borrow someone else's points, and by you going, you actually give them more points, thereby enhancing the closed shop...

I don't know the answer, but it's a shame that many fans might not be able to get to many away matches soon.

Sorry, sounds a bit negative... I'm not really negative lol

You're bang on and make very valid points

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

It's the fairest way to do it though, I honestly can't see no other way.

Thought the previous was the best. If you REALLY wanted to go, you had to haul yer backside down and camp on Penistone Road in the early hours in the queue.

Bit old school though - had to be changed, mainly for health and safety if nothing else.

Modern school, it's the only way as you said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is completely a myth. 

After playing non league for the past 15 years, it’s only the past three seasons that I have began watching Wednesday again. 

I have had a ST for the past two years but POTG for most of the season before. 

I went to all the rubbish, mid week games and any games that didn’t sell out. Now I have almost 800TTP. 

Ive travelled to Ipswich on a Wednesday night. 

Unfortunately, this is what you have to do if you want to go to Villa, Forest, Pigs etc. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

After playing non league for the past 15 years, it’s only the past three seasons that I have began watching Wednesday again. 

I went to all the rubbish, mid week games and any games that didn’t sell out. Now I have almost 800TTP. 

Unfortunately, this is what you have to do if you want to go to Villa, Forest, Pigs etc. 

Fair point, but kinda backs up one i'm questioning.

Playing devils advocate, why should i have to go to Ipswich on a Wednesday night to be 'awarded' with the opportunity of buying a ticket for Villa away? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

Completely agree mate, ive been in a similar situation a few seasons back, but ive built my points back up and now i have been able to get tickets for forest and villa! I didn’t moan when I couldn’t get to forest last season,others went to more games than me the previous season which is fair enough . 

Yep it’s hard to get a ticket for the popular away matches when tickets are limited by the home club, that includes Hillsbrough.

Forest and Villa could double the allocation give to visiting fans as could we..

But in defence of the points system , where were the moaning fans last season at Millwall,QPR,Bristol,Swansea, Birmingham ,Swansea, Leeds that’s at least 80 add Chesterfield,Sunderland and Wolves that’s over 100 points you could have collected...

However if someone can come up with a better idear I am all ears,,,

• Like 1

I only buy 1 year season tickets but have enough points for 1st phase every game. This is because I started by going to the shitty games and the ones long distance on Tuesdays. That's how you build them up. Now I don't miss any. It's the fairest way to do it in my opinion. 

Can understand that people can't go every week or get time off work for midweek games but that's just the way it is. People who go more regularly get priority. Best way. 

If it goes back to how it used to be you could not go to a away game all season but come united away go queue up from 2am to get a ticket but some 1 who goes week in week out misses out. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

yep

super fans get (deserve?) the away tickets.

Perhaps an away season ticket could be offered? or the chance to buy a lump of Priority Points - perhaps by buying a membership?

You can but away season tickets 

• Like 1

To be able to be guaranteed a ticket to any match you probably need to be going to about 15 cup or away league matches a season.

Those that do deserve the tickets for the more attractive matches.

By having a season ticket and attending cup matches and the less attractive matches you can easily get to 10 matches.

Then next season those points get you to more, then you are there.

The system is about the fairest way of doing it, those that go to the most games get first choice, it doesn't take long to build an ID up by buying the home cup games and going to the less desirable away games.

The most loyal followers should get first choice, what has really killed it nowadays is the away allocations are mostly 2k where you used to get double that at some of the grounds, Villa and Forest being prime examples.  They never sell out but keep our allocation down.

Si