#SWFC Six Match Ticket Bundle Deal

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Season ticket prices are not relevant in this instance. You have your opinion i have mine, unfortunately yours are very repetitive and 3 years old(your words)

. I'm not telling you how  to justify yourself you're doing that yourself. Surely any offer to try and get fans back is a good thing and should be welcomed. Just my opinion

And your fawning isn't repetitive, nor Chantiri's outrageous prices. Reduce prices substantially and I'll shut up.

"Any offer" may be laudable but there also has to be a grounding in financial sense otherwise we end up with something pointless like £90 membership schemes or Club 1867 or empty boxes. It's pointless pitching it at a level that doesn't attract people and then blaming fans who aren't attracted. 

Guest Willow Owl
55 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

This offer is 2 seasons too late. People who have got out of the habit of going will be hard to get back you’re idea of basically a 4th phase pricing is ridiculous. 

We’re obviously trying to get people back not punish them like red headed step kids. 

Im not asking for a 4th phase pricing at all so dont know where that comes from. I am just putting forward an idea based on the thread about what the club is considering. What's s ridiculous is the fact you're saying its 2 years too late. 2 years ago we averaged 27000 so who stopped going. Poor performances affect attendances more than any pricing in my opinion. Its never too late if a pricing structure or package can encourage disengaged fans. Why is any possible proposal punishing fans. Surely this is a positivr step. 

Guest Willow Owl
13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And your fawning isn't repetitive, nor Chantiri's outrageous prices. Reduce prices substantially and I'll shut up.

"Any offer" may be laudable but there also has to be a grounding in financial sense otherwise we end up with something pointless like £90 membership schemes or Club 1867 or empty boxes. It's pointless pitching it at a level that doesn't attract people and then blaming fans who aren't attracted. 

Time for my bed, youre going off on a tangent. Stick to the thread 

Guest Willow Owl
45 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Just following up your observation that they aren’t idiots with another similar observation...although  you do seem to like to pick and chose when comparisons with other clubs are valid or not valid.

Anyway, presumably  by extension those running clubs that can’t do such things as having appropriate ticketing policies at the start of August that are still valid by the middle of the same month, and signing new players etc are idiots. 

Im slightly confused but here goes. I commented on a post that said idiots made membership schemes and ticket schemes and special offers for the gullible. I commented that all clubs had special offer schemes and maybe there not the idiots. I then commented to RIckgoo that we were digressing from the thread title and you commented about not signing players. So i asked its relevance to the thread. I haven't picked or choosen any comparisons. If that's your interpretation then fine, but that wasn't the intention. Would be intersted in your thoughts on the thread itself

Guest Hillsborough Mole

It does feel that there are some posters who, in the face of huge evidence to the contrary will continue to argue that black is indeed black - even when it's quite clearly white

They remind me of another group

I'm going to call them Chansiristas from now on

6 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Im slightly confused but here goes. I commented on a post that said idiots made membership schemes and ticket schemes and special offers for the gullible. I commented that all clubs had special offer schemes and maybe there not the idiots. I then commented to RIckgoo that we were digressing from the thread title and you commented about not signing players. So i asked its relevance to the thread. I haven't picked or choosen any comparisons. If that's your interpretation then fine, but that wasn't the intention. Would be intersted in your thoughts on the thread itself

Which part of its double b0ll0cks don’t you get?

the problem to too high POTG prices is not to introduce another scheme on top of the multiple of multiple schemes that already exist. Each one of these actually just solidifies the too high POTG prices because they each have to be justified in relation to POTG.

The solution to too high POTG prices is to reduce POTG prices. Hopefully that’s clear enough for the hard of understanding.

Agree with alot of the earlier comments. 

The aim should be to increase attendance at each game with an acceptance that the average ticket price will drop as attendance grows.  

Totally agree the pricing structure is too high to encourage more people. However, it's a difficult balance because X amount of non season people will come to game almost regardless of price because it fits their commitments (they're free that day and we want to come - usually known weeks in advance). The higher the pricing the more this number drops. But X would have come whatever, so reducing the price means less revenue overall. To justify, the price reduction has to encourage another group of people, Y, to attend.  

(X+Y) * £30 > X * £25 (or whatever ave prices are).

Like the idea of a bundle but I think you need to be able to cherry pick. Although opposition plays a part, my decision of whether to travel up for a game is more if I am free for a particular weekend. If I am I come up (from London) and go to a game.  I might move commitments for a big game (Blades etc) but usually it's other way around.  A pack of 6 games is no good if I can't make 3 of the ones chosen.  I think this reduces the potential people who's buy significantly. It only really helps people who want to come regulatly but can't afford it...an important group but I guess much smaller than those whose can't commit to 6 specific games (which also includes loads who also can't afford it)

I'd open up online sales for every game at start of the season.  Sell membership (preferably with a cheaper and less complicated structure, but with whatever incentives they want).

Encourage people to buy multiple tickets at once (games they can choose to commit to)

Allows game bands to apply to charge at different prices (ideally less complicated than now)

Apply any membership discount

Apply another discount ontop for a multiple purchase.  Eg. 6 tickets gets an extra 10% or £5 off per game or maybe tiered.  3 games 5%, 6 10%, 9 15% etc.

The discount needs careful planning as per equation above, it's got to increase revenue overall compared to not doing any discount.  It also needs to keep prices above that of season ticket average although the more games you go to, the closer you should get to that average.  Someone who pays individually for 15 games but can't do rest because of whatever reason so doesn't take a ST ought to be treated better (charged less) than someone who can only make 1 or 2 games.

In an ideal world, I'd allow the sales to be done over the season rather than having to commit at once. Build up points or something as per away tickets.  The more points you get the bigger the discount. If you buy a batch younger there quickly, so encourages commuting early and bring cash in early, but still gives a benefit to those who can only commit on the day each time but do it regularly over the reason.

The aim should be to get each fan to go to more games.  That might be for 16 to a ST, 8 to 10, 2 to 5 or 0 to 1 (prob no discount here). Everyone has different circumstances and reasons for going/not going. 

Price it to encourage people to come (cheaper) but calculated so we still make money, so whatever the prices/discount X+Y > X.

1 hour ago, AsioOtus said:

Agree with alot of the earlier comments. 

The aim should be to increase attendance at each game with an acceptance that the average ticket price will drop as attendance grows.  

Totally agree the pricing structure is too high to encourage more people. However, it's a difficult balance because X amount of non season people will come to game almost regardless of price because it fits their commitments (they're free that day and we want to come - usually known weeks in advance). The higher the pricing the more this number drops. But X would have come whatever, so reducing the price means less revenue overall. To justify, the price reduction has to encourage another group of people, Y, to attend.  

(X+Y) * £30 > X * £25 (or whatever ave prices are).

Like the idea of a bundle but I think you need to be able to cherry pick. Although opposition plays a part, my decision of whether to travel up for a game is more if I am free for a particular weekend. If I am I come up (from London) and go to a game.  I might move commitments for a big game (Blades etc) but usually it's other way around.  A pack of 6 games is no good if I can't make 3 of the ones chosen.  I think this reduces the potential people who's buy significantly. It only really helps people who want to come regulatly but can't afford it...an important group but I guess much smaller than those whose can't commit to 6 specific games (which also includes loads who also can't afford it)

I'd open up online sales for every game at start of the season.  Sell membership (preferably with a cheaper and less complicated structure, but with whatever incentives they want).

Encourage people to buy multiple tickets at once (games they can choose to commit to)

Allows game bands to apply to charge at different prices (ideally less complicated than now)

Apply any membership discount

Apply another discount ontop for a multiple purchase.  Eg. 6 tickets gets an extra 10% or £5 off per game or maybe tiered.  3 games 5%, 6 10%, 9 15% etc.

The discount needs careful planning as per equation above, it's got to increase revenue overall compared to not doing any discount.  It also needs to keep prices above that of season ticket average although the more games you go to, the closer you should get to that average.  Someone who pays individually for 15 games but can't do rest because of whatever reason so doesn't take a ST ought to be treated better (charged less) than someone who can only make 1 or 2 games.

In an ideal world, I'd allow the sales to be done over the season rather than having to commit at once. Build up points or something as per away tickets.  The more points you get the bigger the discount. If you buy a batch younger there quickly, so encourages commuting early and bring cash in early, but still gives a benefit to those who can only commit on the day each time but do it regularly over the reason.

The aim should be to get each fan to go to more games.  That might be for 16 to a ST, 8 to 10, 2 to 5 or 0 to 1 (prob no discount here). Everyone has different circumstances and reasons for going/not going. 

Price it to encourage people to come (cheaper) but calculated so we still make money, so whatever the prices/discount X+Y > X.

With all respect, too complicated.

Kip Season ticket £460. Match day prices £25..there that’s that for a season.

Edited by kobayashi

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

the problem to too high POTG prices is not to introduce another scheme on top of the multiple of multiple schemes that already exist. Each one of these actually just solidifies the too high POTG prices because they each have to be justified in relation to POTG.

The solution to too high POTG prices is to reduce POTG prices. Hopefully that’s clear enough for the hard of understanding.

For FFS switch the light on you bulb. Its like discussing the dangers of caterpillars to a rubber plant.

There are curently too many schemes agreed, but the thread is not about multiple other schemes just the potential of a 6 match bundle and its potential benefits. 

One of the main gripes from fans is current match day pricing and i agree, ive already stated this. Despite all the uproar surrounding this, DC is NEVER going to change the current strategy without factual evidence that reduced ticket prices will increase attendances and tempt back disengaged fans. 

With this potential 6 match bundle in what ever format he would basically say, OK prove to me that it would work with lower POTG prices. Isn't this the sort thing that was discussed at the recent forum.. 

Or maybe it is too difficult for me to understand!! 

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

It does feel that there are some posters who, in the face of huge evidence to the contrary will continue to argue that black is indeed black - even when it's quite clearly white

They remind me of another group

I'm going to call them Chansiristas from now on

Why not give us your opinion on the thread rather than catagorising people for having a different view. 

£149 on the Kop for members. £179 for non members.

Both more than a season ticket but a good discount on POTG prices. Free choice of games with maybe a limit on cat A/B games.

Advertise them well, and they'll fly out :)

Edited by Bearwood Owl1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

With all respect, too complicated.

Kip Season ticket £460. Match day prices £25..there that’s that for a season.

£460 for a kip. Tiring all this posting! 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Why not give us your opinion on the thread rather than catagorising people for having a different view. 

It's too late for all these different schemes

Most fans not attending now won't come back at £20 a game for some time due to the perception of being ripped off

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

It's too late for all these different schemes

Most fans not attending now won't come back at £20 a game for some time due to the perception of being ripped off

Surely any change that could potentially re-engage fans should be welcomed. End of the day we all should support SWFC shouldn't we. 

4 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Don't know what you're on about really, it's all very simple

-You can buy a season ticket in any of the four areas that home fans are allocated... that's the Kop, North Stand, Grandstand and South Stand.

-If you can't afford one of those, or it isn't practical, you can buy any of two different membership packages, gold and silver, which are £90 and £50 respectively and offer differing levels of discounts and extra goodies alongside the matchday ticket discount

-If that isn't viable for you, you can purchase tickets on a match-by-match basis. There are seven possible categories of matchday ticket prices, so keep an eye out for the different categories of games.

-Finally, this ingenious new scheme that allows a bundle of six matchday tickets to be purchased in one go! Possibly with limitations of what category of games they will allow entry to, we'll see once everything's been finalised. 

To me, that seems dead simple and not at all far too many options. I firmly believe that watching a sporting event should be as simple as possible, and having four different pricing options for season tickets (of which there are only five sub-categories for pricing in each depending on your demographic!), two different membership options, seven possible categories a match can be priced (with three sub-categories in this depending what stand you wanna go to) and now a 6-game matchday ticket option seems extremely straightforward to me and not at all requiring an excel spreadsheet to calculate what might be the best deal for you.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Surely any change that could potentially re-engage fans should be welcomed. End of the day we all should support SWFC shouldn't we. 

Here's a change

Just announce that every game for the rest of the season will be Category D.

Done

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't know what you're on about really, it's all very simple

-You can buy a season ticket in any of the four areas that home fans are allocated... that's the Kop, North Stand, Grandstand and South Stand.

-If you can't afford one of those, or it isn't practical, you can buy any of two different membership packages, gold and silver, which are £90 and £50 respectively and offer differing levels of discounts

-If that isn't viable for you, you can purchase tickets on a match-by-match basis. There are seven possible categories of matchday ticket prices, so keep an eye out for the different categories of games.

-Finally, this ingenious new scheme that allows a bundle of six matchday tickets to be purchased in one go! Possibly with limitations of what category of games they will allow entry to, we'll see once everything's been finalised. 

To me, that seems dead simple and not at all far too many options. I firmly believe that watching a sporting event should be as simple as possible, and having four different pricing options for season tickets (of which there are only five sub-categories for pricing in each depending on your demographic!), two different membership options, seven possible categories a match can be priced (with three sub-categories in this depending what stand you wanna go to) and now a 6-game matchday ticket option seems extremely straightforward to me and not at all requiring an excel spreadsheet to calculate what might be the best deal for you.

What about the Foundation?

Owlstalk Shop