#SWFC Six Match Ticket Bundle Deal

8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You quoted Forest( season ticket) to try and make any offer from the club look bad. I just pointed out that they were not charging less than £16 for a normal matchday adult ticket in fact it is £25. Forest are not the discussion, its what we as fans consider reasonable pricing for a multi ticket  6 match deal for SWFC POTG fans. My proposal is very reasonable based on other teams in our league. Like i have stated in other posts if it works then surely DC has to reconsider his pricing strategy. Proof will be in the pudding. 

I quoted Forest as a near rival that is seeking to engage fans. I think their prices are good. I think that's what Wednesday should aim at and have been saying something similar for 3 years. I didn't choose the ludicrous prices that make us look bad in comparison to other clubs.

And if the scheme doesn't work? In any other business it's the management that get the criticism for failing to engage customers. In football it's the fans that get slagged for failing to take up "generous" offers. Especially Wednesday fans.

And as for you negging me stating categories shouldn't come into it. Why make the thing complicated?

Edited by rickygoo

Basically what I meant to say was there should be one price. No magic carpet deals, discounts and bundles. Stuff like that drives away the average punter.

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And splitting games between categories just complicates matters. Any deal should be as straightforward as possible. 

Its all double b0ll0cks. 

Season ticket sales from March to August at a Single price. POTG price announced for the season at the average of the SEason ticket price per match plus say 15% to 20%. No memberships,special this and that days, discounts or such crap...just clear fair pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You quoted Forest( season ticket) to try and make any offer from the club look bad. I just pointed out that they were not charging less than £16 for a normal matchday adult ticket in fact it is £25. Forest are not the discussion, its what we as fans consider reasonable pricing for a multi ticket  6 match deal for SWFC POTG fans. My proposal is very reasonable based on other teams in our league. Like i have stated in other posts if it works then surely DC has to reconsider his pricing strategy. Proof will be in the pudding. 

This offer is 2 seasons too late. People who have got out of the habit of going will be hard to get back you’re idea of basically a 4th phase pricing is ridiculous. 

We’re obviously trying to get people back not punish them like red headed step kids. 

Guest Willow Owl
38 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

Totally agree.

Unfortunately the world seems full of idiots trying to complicate the simplest things in the hope of catching out the gullible.

Nearly all clubs have membership schemes and ticketing schemes. Maybe theyre not the idiots? 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Nearly all clubs have membership schemes and ticketing schemes. Maybe theyre not the idiots? 

How many teams have 7 categories and  2 membership schemes with differing discounts?

And 3 different ST buying phases.

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And splitting games between categories just complicates matters. Any deal should be as straightforward as possible. 

It is just an idea FFS. Which is more than you are proposing. 

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

It is just an idea FFS. Which is more than you are proposing. 

I have proposed a very clear scheme. I suggest £100 for 6 straight games. Maybe £120 tops.

No categories - if you include categories given how slow Wednesday are at revealing categories you won't know what games you can go to when you buy your ticket bundle. How reasonable is that? You buy tickets for 6 games but we aren't telling you which 6!

lol

Guest Willow Owl
11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I quoted Forest as a near rival that is seeking to engage fans. I think their prices are good. I think that's what Wednesday should aim at and have been saying something similar for 3 years. I didn't choose the ludicrous prices that make us look bad in comparison to other clubs.

And if the scheme doesn't work? In any other business it's the management that get the criticism for failing to engage customers. In football it's the fans that get slagged for failing to take up "generous" offers. Especially Wednesday fans.

And as for you negging me stating categories shouldn't come into it. Why make the thing complicated?

No matter what you say Forest do not charge less than £16 for an adult match day ticket, we aren't discussing season tickets. You're going off on a tangent to try and justify yourself. Any compromise on matchday pricing is surely a good start and should be applauded rather that just going back over old ground as painful as it currently is. Proving to DC the ticket deal works and fans buy into it will surely make him reconsider. If not he is a fool. 

Guest Willow Owl
13 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Nearly all clubs can sign new players. Maybe they arent the idiots.

The relevance to the thread is? 

It’s not goin to work..people will just think..big wow..6 overpriced tickets..what the regulars and dc don’t grasp is this..once you stop goin..you lose interest and do other things..loads at my age 46..have packed home games in..they’ll still turn out for the good away days tho 

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

How many teams have 7 categories and  2 membership schemes with differing discounts?

And 3 different ST buying phases.

Not even going to get into that one, as i have said all clubs have ticketing schemes end of. Tell you what, lets not digress from the original topic as this is irrelevant. 

11 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

No matter what you say Forest do not charge less than £16 for an adult match day ticket, we aren't discussing season tickets. You're going off on a tangent to try and justify yourself. Any compromise on matchday pricing is surely a good start and should be applauded rather that just going back over old ground as painful as it currently is. Proving to DC the ticket deal works and fans buy into it will surely make him reconsider. If not he is a fool. 

We are talking about what is a quarter ST so ST prices are relevant.  We are talking about tempting people who can't afford or won't buy STs or pay POTG prices to come to Hillsborough. So any compromise on match day prices has to be very, very significant - because our chairman has just charged £46 to get into a second division football match. 

Stop telling me what I'm doing to "justify" myself. I have been making the same points for 3 years. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else. I have been very consistent in my thoughts. They may appear radical now but that's because we charge north of forty quid for second tier football and that has become "acceptable".  

Edited by rickygoo

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Lichfield alien said:

It’s not goin to work..people will just think..big wow..6 overpriced tickets..what the regulars and dc don’t grasp is this..once you stop goin..you lose interest and do other things..loads at my age 46..have packed home games in..they’ll still turn out for the good away days tho 

You cannot possibly know this though. One of the main gripes on this forum is ticket prices, and reducing prices would encourage people to start attending games again. I'm 51 and its a day out with the mates, a good laugh and a booze up the match is sometimes secondary. Plus getting tickets for away games at some grounds is virtually impossible without points. Any reduction is a win for people for whatever reason struggle on matchdays. 

20 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The relevance to the thread is? 

Just following up your observation that they aren’t idiots with another similar observation...although  you do seem to like to pick and chose when comparisons with other clubs are valid or not valid.

Anyway, presumably  by extension those running clubs that can’t do such things as having appropriate ticketing policies at the start of August that are still valid by the middle of the same month, and signing new players etc are idiots. 

Edited by kobayashi

Guest Willow Owl
8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We are talking about what is a quarter ST so ST prices are relevant.  We are talking about tempting people who can't afford or won't buy STs or pay POTG prices to come to Hillsborough. So any compromise on match day prices has to be very, very significant - because our chairman has just charged £46 to get into a second division football match. 

Stop telling me what I'm doing to "justify" myself. I have been making the same points for 3 years. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else. I have been very consistent in my thoughts. They may appear radical now but that's because we charge north of forty quid for second tier football and that has become "acceptable".  

Season ticket prices are not relevant in this instance. You have your opinion i have mine, unfortunately yours are very repetitive and 3 years old(your words)

. I'm not telling you how  to justify yourself you're doing that yourself. Surely any offer to try and get fans back is a good thing and should be welcomed. Just my opinion