World cup 2030 England

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

No chance now. Far too many new grounds that would take priority, 

I suppose you are right if we look at it geographically. How can we compete with the likes of The New York Stadium.WTF:

Bet 365 put something on twitter about this and the possible venues which included our beautiful venue. Needless to say it sent the piggies squeeling.

I think people are downplaying our chances of getting this. Obviously we’re not talking Hillsborough as it currently is today as it would be vastly improved (at least to the standards proposed about 10 years ago). With the amount of venues needed, even if Scotland and Wales weigh in, they’ll need at least 2 Yorkshire cities/venues. This of course leads to the obvious choice of ourselves and them up the M1.

The WC will be due to come back to Europe by then and long overdue Western Europe. Added to this, we could host one tomorrow and have a country full of suitable stadia that will be well used before and after. There seems no other choice.

Then again, I thought that about 2006 and 2018 so take no notice of me.

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The Government of the day backed the bid to deflect pressure away from the mess they’re making of Brexit etc and knowing they’ll not be around for it anyway.

Let’s hope that before 2030 we have our border controls sorted out. I wouldn’t bet on it at this rate.

Oooo bit of politics right there