Strength of the squad

3 hours ago, dani_armo said:

It's worrying that it's a weaker side than the last few years yet people are still paying top dollar for everything. 

Exactly , it was a rip off before . First year in around ten for me without a season ticket , be surprised if I make many trips this season 

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Not necessarily. If you were at the last games of last season, especially the Norwich game our opponents struggled big time with the pace of Joao and Forestieri and dare I say it Matias. Nuhiu was a powerful presence and with Hutchinson we don’t lack  muscularity.

Just keep em fit.

know what your saying but imo Hutch should be centre half aside lees

4 hours ago, striker said:

It's a comfortable mid table squad, defensively too weak and lacking creativity from wide areas  to compete for promotion.

Is it really massively inferior to what Cardiff started with last season?  Its probably better than there's was on paper in fact.

Not saying this automatically means we'll "do a Cardiff", just that it is not beyond on the realms.  And remember Jos is the Dutch equivalent of Colin when it comes to getting promoted. 

12 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Is it really massively inferior to what Cardiff started with last season?  Its probably better than there's was on paper in fact.

Not saying this automatically means we'll "do a Cardiff", just that it is not beyond on the realms.  And remember Jos is the Dutch equivalent of Colin when it comes to getting promoted. 

I get that and it's a good point, but sometimes clubs have luck which Cardiff had elements of last season, like Blackpool and to a certain extent Huddersfield in previous years. Their promotions were a perfect storm of reasonably  consistent team selections, form and competitor incompetence.

Think we stand as good a chance as any but not among  the  favourites by any means. Jos can only work with what he has it seems and however good he may be, he has some obvious gaps in the squad.

7 hours ago, devonshire_owl said:

How is it weaker? Jack Hunt, Glenn Loovens and Ross Wallace gone. Two of which were past it. 

With the returning players from injury, and Jos' clear desire to look after players fitness, I think we are at our strongest since 2015/16.

Honestly? Loovens and Wallace of 2015 walk in the OP side and Hunt walks into it now....

Van Aken, Pelupessy, Lee out of position, Joao and Nuhiu up top hardly better our starting 11 from the playoff final. We've just bought crap since and spent a fortune and if anything we are worse!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Honestly? Loovens and Wallace of 2015 walk in the OP side and Hunt walks into it now....

Van Aken, Pelupessy, Lee out of position, Joao and Nuhiu up top hardly better our starting 11 from the playoff final. We've just bought crap since and spent a fortune and if anything we are worse!

We have a different manager, different coaches and a different style of play to the start of the last three seasons.

We finished last season strongly in spite of still having several top players unavailable.

Can we just wait until a few games in to 2018/19 before we start with all the doom and gloom.

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Finishing in the top 6 is not good enough for dc..you reckon he will be happy with another top 6 finish and failure in the play offs?

I'm fairly certain he'd snap your hand off right now yea! 

36 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Loovens & Wallace of 2018 walk in the side too, mainly as their legs had gone before they had left us.