Getting the best out of FF

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Lots of energy good positional sense decent delivery and good defensively - seems to be describing a RWB to me.

But I’ve said this about Reach .... you can describe his attributes and think ‘yeah’ stick him at LWB but when he plays there he looks like a fish out of water ?   I agree Pessy has energy and knows where he needs to be in the middle of the park but not sure I’ve seen him whip many a mean cross in ?    You look at someone like Keiren Lee ... history of playing right back and yeh he could probably do a job there but he’s the best CM at the club, shoe horning players out of there natural/most effective positions isn’t the way for me 

We need 2 new wing backs that’s the bottom line 

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

But I’ve said this about Reach .... you can describe his attributes and think ‘yeah’ stick him at LWB but when he plays there he looks like a fish out of water ?   I agree Pessy has energy and knows where he needs to be in the middle of the park but not sure I’ve seen him whip many a mean cross in ?    You look at someone like Keiren Lee ... history of playing right back and yeh he could probably do a job there but he’s the best CM at the club, shoe horning players out of there natural/most effective positions isn’t the way for me 

We need 2 new wing backs that’s the bottom line 

Oh I agree with shoe horning and I agree bringing in a wing back would be my choice. 

Do you not think Reach will play wing back this year ? I think that’s where he will be at his best. 

Just looked at the crosses he put in with Pessy, yes most are set pieces but a couple of runs down the right in the last few games resulted in chances goals (could be wrong but one of Nuhiu’s hat trick against Norwich). 

Also agree about Lee best CM at the club.

Forestieri is not a good striker.  He's a great championship attacking player but his impact comes from out wide in my opinion.

Joao and Nuhiu deserve to start the season as the main front two.  Their performances last season show how effective they could be.  Let them start the season and have the others fight for their place.  

6 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Forestieri is not a good striker.  He's a great championship attacking player but his impact comes from out wide in my opinion.

Joao and Nuhiu deserve to start the season as the main front two.  Their performances last season show how effective they could be.  Let them start the season and have the others fight for their place.  

Most fans agree with you. Fortunately it looks like Jos does too.

A full season of FF playing widest of 3 forwards and widest of a 4 man midfield, with two proper strikers, is extremely exciting.

When FF lined-up as striker at Preston on the first day of last season my heart sank. 

Edited by Holmowl

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hutch has to be in the team. And captain IMO. Awesome player.

Yes he has issues with injury and fitness which is why he’s here and not at Chelsea. Pessy will play his part but Hutch has to be the man for me

Issues with injury? Understatement of the century so far.

Yes he’s a good player but his reckless style means he’ll probably miss 75% of the season. We know this before it even starts 

Not big enough to be a striker, he gets steam-rollered every time. Better suited to playing wide left or if you’re going to play him in CM, have him run from deep straight at the central defenders. On corners he’s the type of player you need just outside the penalty area picking up knockdowns or half clearances

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Most fans agree with you. Fortunately it looks like Jos does too.

A full season of FF playing widest of 3 forwards and widest of a 4 man midfield, with two proper strikers, is extremely exciting.

When FF lined-up as striker at Preston on the first day of last season my heart sank. 

Playing Forestieri as a striker in the new wing back system we play will be a lot different to playing him as a striker in a Carlos 4-4-2.

Only one player on the left hand side and he is normally making a back 5. Allowing Forestieri a lot of room to play on the left. As oppose to having to compete with the left midfielder for the position all the time. Very lopsided.

won't be as much in the new system.

I know he plays more on the left of the 3 now. But was he to just play in a two. say we pack the midfield. Also think it would work.

Depends what system we play If it’s three up front, then I think that will get the best out of him He can pretty much go where he wants in that system Probably more restricted in a front two, unless he’s playing just behind a lone striker Definitely not a winger or a midfield player though

Always interesting how Carlos would tell us publicly what his players could *not* do.

He always said we couldn't play a back three because the CBs weren't good enough (that's been proven wrong) and FF couldn't play as a ten behind a front two because he wasn't good enough.  Now lets at least use a friendly or two to try this myth out too.  3-4-1-2 could well work.