Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

You bloody wind up merchant.

Mick is a good caller - tonight was excellent.

Right?

Image result for guilty gif

There has been no reason to chop and change the defence as Jos has done unless there are injuries. Like others have said Hector and Thorniley have been our best defenders but found themselves on the bench on Saturday. I don't buy this rotating crap as all it does is unsettles the team and doesn't allow players to build an understanding with each other. You can see it across the pitch as our players don't have a clue what others are going to do with the ball. Other teams have that understanding and move the ball quicker than we do.

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

As someone who i've disagreed with back and forth quite a lot that means quite a bit thank you 

And as i keep saying ad nauseum i'm amazed when anyone agrees with me 

I agree with you that our next manager doesn't have to be British.

I think what people really mean is a manager who plays more of a traditional British game, especially at the back.

Megson would probably have described what we did on Saturday in defence as "faffing".

47 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well said Mark the Pitsmoor Owl 

Mick just did his usual and directed all his misery at fans like that somehow makes him better. 

MTPO was saying how difficult it was to get motivated to go Hillsborough last week because he's staying in Gleadless Valley now

Must be all of what 5 or 6 miles or so to Hillsborough 

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I think sorry hope that will happen when we stop messing 

Hes a shadow of the player he has been.

He’s becoming the type of player  Leeds let go supposedly - and we were warned about.

He was a steal at the time.

Its strange how things have gone so wrong - Lees was a bloody good 9/10 pro, week after week.

Maybe they are being over coached?

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I agree with you that our next manager doesn't have to be British.

I think what people really mean is a manager who plays more of a traditional British game, especially at the back.

Megson would probably have described what we did on Saturday in defence as "faffing".

I didn't actually say that ( i'm not arguing before anyone says i am ) i was just countering a point that a previous caller had made and carried on the same point that mike the presenter made as well. 

I don't really care what nationality our next Manager is 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Hes a shadow of the player he has been.

He’s becoming the type of player  Leeds let go supposedly - and we were warned about.

He was a steal at the time.

Its strange how things have gone so wrong - Lees was a bloody good 9/10 pro, week after week.

Maybe they are being over coached?

very possible  certainly this passing ( if it could be called that) around in ever decreasing circles must be by instruction surely 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

very possible  certainly this passing ( if it could be called that) around in ever decreasing circles must be by instruction surely 

I think that particular tactic is draining the confidence from Lees 

Teams imo are targeting him as he looks very nervous on the ball from Dawson so he makes mistakes which leads to more mistakes and so on 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I didn't actually say that ( i'm not arguing before anyone says i am ) i was just countering a point that a previous caller had made and carried on the same point that mike th presenter made as well. 

I don't really care what nationality our next Manager is 

I have to say I don't except that I would like to be able to understand what's said in press conferences 

whilst his English is 100% better than my Dutch /German It may be me but I find it difficult to listen to and understand perhaps the players cant either- not withstanding the fact we played well ish before the break 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Teams imo are targeting him as he looks very nervous on the ball from Dawson so he makes mistakes which leads to more mistakes and so on 

agree

also Dawson kicking is so weak and random into touch that Eddie Jones has had him watched 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Said this numerous times and been shot down by others saying CD does what the manager tells him.

Surely CD can see he puts the defence under pressure rolling the ball out and oppositions have twigged this.

Just now, ElsecarOwl said:

Said this numerous times and been shot down by others saying CD does what the manager tells him.

Surely CD can see he puts the defence under pressure rolling the ball out and oppositions have twigged this.

I think the tactic is absolutely coming from Jos 

Just now, ElsecarOwl said:

exactly this is not the odd match it's constant 

let's put it this way, if you're Wilder (no offence reader) what are your tactics Friday ? press the back line and dawson by any chance ?-  frightening 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Absolutely bang on. And this all comes down to the manager/coach and his European defensive tactics 

• Like 1