Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

Just now, Steelman said:

You said Derby v Forest. That's 2 diferent forces to staff it, therefore the costs are halved. If you said Newcastle I apologise.

However.....

Look at the officer numbers SYP have compared to SWFC v Pigs then find a similar sized "Derby" and compare forces and officer numbers. SYP force area is an anomaly. Tjere are no other forces that are the same size that have such a game. Personally I think SYP are garbage, family and friends have been victims of crime in the last 12 months and their response was shameful. But let's not forget it's the tories that are the root cause of all of this. Cops are just like Schools, NHS, etc. The clubs should be paying more instead of us slagging the police off.

No thats not what the Ass Chief Constable said the last time he banged on about it it was cost per match so its of no concern whichever force pays

How come it costs SYP so much more to police 30,000 or so than any other force ? The comparison of the Manc derby stands up because size of Budget doesn't affect cost per match  neither does it for the policing of Newcastle nor policing of  the Liverpool Derby for that matter

Surely the cost of a Copper in Manchester and Liverpool is roughly similar to Sheffield or do Coppers in the SYP earn substantially more than their counterparts across the county border 

1 minute ago, squonk said:

No thats not what the Ass Chief Constable said the last time he banged on about it it was cost per match so its of no concern whichever force pays

How come it costs SYP so much more to police 30,000 or so than any other force ? The comparison of the Manc derby stands up because size of Budget doesn't affect cost per match  neither does it for the policing of Newcastle nor policing of  the Liverpool Derby for that matter

Surely the cost of a Copper in Manchester and Liverpool is roughly similar to Sheffield or do Coppers in the SYP earn substantially more than their counterparts across the county border 

Cost per match is increased when you have to request mutual aid (more numbers) from other forces.

Did you compare Us v Pigs to Forest v Derby or not then (which was my original point)

Newcastle aren't policing a Derby, therefore you can't compare them. GMP is a massive force numbers wise compared to SYP so they don't need to request as many officers for mutual aid You cannot compre them, its quite literally comparing us to Man U. I don't think you are getting my point.

3 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Cost per match is increased when you have to request mutual aid (more numbers) from other forces.

Did you compare Us v Pigs to Forest v Derby or not then (which was my original point)

Newcastle aren't policing a Derby, therefore you can't compare them. GMP is a massive force numbers wise compared to SYP so they don't need to request as many officers for mutual aid You cannot compre them, its quite literally comparing us to Man U. I don't think you are getting my point.

So you are maintaining that they call in large amounts of coppers from other forces to police our matches ?

I find that difficult to understand but as i don't know i won't argue but i can't say i've ever noticed other forces insignia knocking about on match days 

Or is that they royally ferrrked up the 89 semi and Orgreave so are fantastically paranoid and over the top everytime they have to Police a Football match 

Edited by squonk

2 minutes ago, Steelman said:

i thought i heard/read today that SYP claim this to be THE most expensive match to cover in the entire league   did i hear/read correct?

4 minutes ago, Steelman said:

The cost of a Copper is the cost of a copper 

If as you say that SYP have to call in outside force resources then thats an explanation but to back that up you would need to know the amount of Officers on Duty at the respective matches to see if SYP are "over the top "

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

i thought i heard/read today that SYP claim this to be THE most expensive match to cover in the entire league   did i hear/read correct?

Yes apparently the 2 Derby games are the most expensive matches in the country to Police 

2 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yes apparently the 2 Derby games are the most expensive matches in the country to Police 

i dont know enough about policing in the SY area    but I do know ridiculous scheduling causing late night conflicts between boozed up louts  has to be a factor 

33 minutes ago, squonk said:

So you are maintaining that they call in large amounts of coppers from other forces to police our matches ?

I find that difficult to understand but as i don't know i won't argue but i can't say i've ever noticed other forces insignia knocking about on match days 

Or is that they royally ferrrked up the 89 semi and Orgreave so are fantastically paranoid and over the top everytime they have to Police a Football match 

Jesus Christ! 89 and Chuffing Orgreave........ Orgreave!!!!!???????

Bet none of them were even born then, let alone coppers. :laugh::laugh: Orgreave......:tango:

And you still haven't answered my original reply to you. Did you say Forest v Derby or not?

35 minutes ago, steelowl said:

If so  that may be because Sky ask for it to be scheduled  on a boozing friday night  - fecking stupidity that , the cost should come out of Sky IMO

But the thing is it's SYP who are now asking the EFL to schedule Sheffield derbies for a boozy Friday (or any boozy night).

Unbelievable Jeff !!!!WTF:

1 hour ago, squonk said:

My wife is from Liverpool and I've been there a few times when the Merseyside Derby has been on, and the one thing I've noticed is they don't act like d-i-c-k heads towards one another something the fans of both Sheffield clubs could learn from and maybe we could have a Derby match played at a time we'd all like 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Evening chaps. 

Missedtonight's show.

Worth me listening to later on play back?

Any meltdowns? Or dull as dishwater?

not a classic but wouldnt put you off listening to

a madine meltdown with a couple of irate blunts and giddings creaming himself just saying billy

some guy thinks mardiola should play 443

mick having a pop at the SYP statement today 

missed the end tbh 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

You said Derby v Forest. That's 2 diferent forces to staff it, therefore the costs are halved. If you said Newcastle I apologise.

However.....

Look at the officer numbers SYP have compared to SWFC v Pigs then find a similar sized "Derby" and compare forces and officer numbers. SYP force area is an anomaly. There are no other forces that are the same size that have such a game. Personally I think SYP are garbage, family and friends have been victims of crime in the last 12 months and their response was shameful. But let's not forget it's the tories that are the root cause of all of this. Cops are just like Schools, NHS, etc. The clubs should be paying more instead of us slagging the police off.

Absolute Ballax

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

One line that stood out tonight was Giddings stating that Sharp is a far superior striker than Madine which if signs could come back to bite Giddings on the arse.

Well it just left me thinking why the feck do they need him then? lol

12 hours ago, owler66 said:

My wife is from Liverpool and I've been there a few times when the Merseyside Derby has been on, and the one thing I've noticed is they don't act like d-i-c-k heads towards one another something the fans of both Sheffield clubs could learn from and maybe we could have a Derby match played at a time we'd all like 

Very good point, but they've been playing each other for years in the top division.

A lot of our animosity has built up while they've been in the pub league and we now have a lot of bitter, resentful little pigs wanting to let off steam (as well as some of our own idiots). I personally think that the more time we play, this stupidity will be vented until it's not there somuch.

Pigs will still be scum and behave like the thugs they are though.

28 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Very good point, but they've been playing each other for years in the top division.

A lot of our animosity has built up while they've been in the pub league and we now have a lot of bitter, resentful little pigs wanting to let off steam (as well as some of our own idiots). I personally think that the more time we play, this stupidity will be vented until it's not there somuch.

I have no idea what other city derbies are like tbh  but talking about ours I hate them ,  It means different things to all of us some even weirdly think it's just a game of football . The divide is difficult  for me to explain to my adopted southern family they think it's funny the visceral distaste i have for all things red or blunt related 

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

You have a point there. I seem to recall the Bristol derby often ends up with trouble, possibly because they don't play each other very often either. 

Then again I'd be quite happy if we never had to play the unwashed ever again!