BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Guest Hillsborough Mole
15 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I'm guessing he thought he was contractually obliged to.

He wouldn't have been if hirstyboywonder is right - and that Hirst withdrew his labour.

6 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

As far as I am aware -

- George is a Wednesday fan, has come through the ranks at SWFC and wanted to follow his dad by playing for the club

- He was offered a contract in around May 2017 - he (on the advice of others) rejected it, and put forward a counter-proposal

- His counter-proposal was rejected, and he was told that until he signed a contract he would be pulled from training with the first team and pulled from playing with any team

- This understandably made the situation very tense and both sides dug in their heels

The catalyst for the souring of relations was the freezing out - if that hadn't happened George may well have been an established first team player by now. Instead, Hirst was advised not to stay at a club that would treat him that way. The same thing happened with Sean Clare, but with more bizarre circumstances (he made his debut a day after being frozen out when Ross Wallace picked up an injury and Clare was needed).

I'm certain BOTH sides have made poor decisions over the last year, but only one side has aired its side of the story.

What has baffled me is that Wednesday fans have taken the club's explanation as gospel and rounded on the Hirst's, without waiting for their explanation.

Hope @Buxtongent comes back in here, but didn't he say that DH told his dinner party in late 2016 (before any of the contract shenanigans started) that he would be doing his utmost to make sure that George did not sign? That predates the whole saga and throws up two points:

a. The whole situation was manufactured by anyone (or all) of GH/DH/Doyen/King Power

b. Why the hell didn't DC just sell him and have done with it?

6 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

He wouldn't have been if hirstyboywonder is right - and that Hirst withdrew his labour.

Can't speak for him, coz I certainly don't remember any strike type action. 

But there's that thing they come out with sometimes int there where they say "Players Prob best not playing tomorrow he's head not right wi all this hanging over him". That sort of caper.

*Not saying it happened here. But it's a common agents trope innit. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Hope @Buxtongent comes back in here, but didn't he say that DH told his dinner party in late 2016 (before any of the contract shenanigans started) that he would be doing his utmost to make sure that George did not sign? That predates the whole saga and throws up two points:

a. The whole situation was manufactured by anyone (or all) of GH/DH/Doyen/King Power

b. Why the hell didn't DC just sell him and have done with it?

a) Certainly possible

b) I'd expect that should it happen in the future he would swallow his pride and sell.

5 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

I'm pretty sure Hirst was prepared to negotiate. He wanted to play for Sheffield Wednesday. It's important to remember that the fall-out occured when he was frozen out - before that he was very much wanting to follow in his father's footsteps.

Again I refer to @Buxtongents post on the matter which predates the "public" falling out.

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

^^ Thats what you said - and it looks fairly conclusive to me... All I asked you to do was point out where the club have said this - as I would certainly reassess my position if you did because that would be scandalous.

Widely reported by whom? Ive not seen any official reports that quantify what was being demanded.

NO - the first is conjecture from both sides - not conclusively said by me, just conjecture that I had seen stated from both sides. I can see how it can be interpreted as that and apologise for that. Do you think George was desperate to play for us at all times last season, do you think his representatives did all that they could to try and make that happen?

OK, again, not widely reported but widely discussed, you have even stated in this thread that it would make it harder for Borukov to have signed had he been getting 10K offers elsewhere, which sort of implies that was the money that was on the table and therefore wanted. Do you think it was significantly less than that?

Do you think I have an agenda against you like you have implied of another poster in this thread that has had the gall to disagree with you? Would you concede that in actual fact I haven't done 'nothing but have a go at you for months'?

7 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Can't speak for him, coz I certainly don't remember any strike type action. 

But there's that thing they come out with sometimes int there where they say "Players Prob best not playing tomorrow he's head not right wi all this hanging over him". That sort of caper.

*Not saying it happened here. But it's a common agents trope innit. 

Edited by Eastleigh Owl
  • Haha 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
21 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

To be honest I was solely referencing  geoffreys question not some other poster.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

46 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Has it?

You used to slag off GH.

Then you claimed that somebody had told you what had gone off and you were sympathetic to GH.

Now you're back slagging off the Hirsts.

Poor trolling.

You bore off and I’ll carry on slagging the Hirsts thanks.

• Haha 3

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

No, defintely not - as long as we ensure we always keep him at least a year away from the end of his contract so that the tail isnt wagging the dog

Agreed. Probably the reason for the extra year in this case.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

3 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You sound like me when the love of my life abandoned me for my estranged brother. 

"Neilism is my unhealthy brother"

you have to find a focus in life like what I did eventually. I’ve been putting her naked pictures up on lampposts on Old Wortley Road, doesn’t take away the pain but hopefully I’ve scarred a couple of joggers for life.

That looks better and more topical ...

No Thanks Needed.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DEH9 said:

I have. It was months ago obviously!

I thought he could do with another year before being ready.

But I'm just a pleb.

Even worse than that mate. You're a pleb with an agenda.......................apparently! lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You sound like me when the love of my life abandoned me for my estranged brother. 

Nihilism is unhealthy brother you have to find a focus in life like what I did eventually. I’ve been putting her naked pictures up on lampposts on Old Wortley Road, doesn’t take away the pain but hopefully I’ve scarred a couple of joggers for life.

Just wait till you see what she's been doing to his radishes! WTF:

Guest Hillsborough Mole
18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

NO - the first is conjecture from both sides - not conclusively said by me, just conjecture that I had seen stated from both sides. I can see how it can be interpreted as that and apologise for that. Do you think George was desperate to play for us at all times last season, do you think his representatives did all that they could to try and make that happen?

I think he was desperate to play - I know he was desperate to get out on loan and play first team football (as was his development plan). I know he was a couple of days away from that happening before the opportunity was withdrawn

OK, again, not widely reported but widely discussed, you have even stated in this thread that it would make it harder for Borukov to have signed had he been getting 10K offers elsewhere, which sort of implies that was the money that was on the table and therefore wanted. Do you think it was significantly less than that?

Yes, I think it was significantly less than that. 

Do you think I have an agenda against you like you have implied of another poster in this thread that has had the gall to disagree with you? Would you concede that in actual fact I haven't done 'nothing but have a go at you for months'?

You've continually negged posts (and I dont post so much these days so its noticeable). Youve consistently pointed to my condescending tone when its nothing of the kind - I may come across as a know it all, or too verbose - but thats because I'm passionate and I never argue about anything I'm not sure about (and I have to be very sure. If I'm wrong and you are indeed being impartial and fair - then I also apologise. So lets move on.

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Even worse than that mate. You're a pleb with an agenda.......................apparently! lol

I wish I did have an agenda, it makes me sound reyt organised!

In other news I've been thinking. 

I don't think Geoffrey is Geoffreys real name. 

I think he's  Hafiz Mammadov 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I think he was desperate to play - I know he was desperate to get out on loan and play first team football (as was his development plan). I know he was a couple of days away from that happening before the opportunity was withdrawn

Yes, I think it was significantly less than that. 

You've continually negged posts (and I dont post so much these days so its noticeable). Youve consistently pointed to my condescending tone when its nothing of the kind - I may come across as a know it all, or too verbose - but thats because I'm passionate and I never argue about anything I'm not sure about (and I have to be very sure. If I'm wrong and you are indeed being impartial and fair - then I also apologise. So lets move on.

Fair enough, we'll move on. He's not going to be our player after next week and we can see if his camp make anything on the matter public once he is no longer with us.

I don't continually neg posts, not my style. I doubt I will have negged many of your posts at all, the few negs I do give out are usually for time wasters clearly on the wind up. I reply to debate some of your posts, that's different from negging, putting a point of view across. I do find it condescending and pompous when you sweepingly label Wednesday fans as being a sad reflection on the club and when you state that a poster has an agenda becuase they are vocal on a subject with a different opinion to yours - it reminds of when a former chairman used to do the same to people across the board - you might say its pretty baseless. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, we'll move on. He's not going to be our player after next week and we can see if his camp make anything on the matter public once he is no longer with us.

I don't continually neg posts, not my style. I doubt I will have negged many of your posts at all, the few negs I do give out are usually for time wasters clearly on the wind up. I reply to debate some of your posts, that's different from negging, putting a point of view across. I do find it condescending and pompous when you sweepingly label Wednesday fans as being a sad reflection on the club and when you state that a poster has an agenda becuase they are vocal on a subject with a different opinion to yours - it reminds of when a former chairman used to do the same to people across the board - you might say its pretty baseless. 

In the spirit of moving on I'll pass over most of that - other than to say it still surprises me that one poster with 8 posts to his name in the last 12 months - has made (now over 200 posts) since Friday when the news broke.