BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How can he do that if the club wouldn't sell/release him?

He couldn't

I blame Chansiri for that, not Hirst and his camp for trying to get away.

The simple fact that he (his cohorts) were touting him around should have been a big enough clue that he really wasn't happy. Keeping unhappy players at clubs never seems to end up well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You sound like me when the love of my life abandoned me for my estranged brother. 

Nihilism is unhealthy brother you have to find a focus in life. I put her naked pictures up on lampposts on Old Wortley Road, doesn’t take away the pain but hopefully I’ve scarred a couple of joggers for life.

That was you? I thought someone had lost a Fox who’d has his throat cut. 

Edited by Spencerowl
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You sound like me when the love of my life abandoned me for my estranged brother. 

Nihilism is unhealthy brother you have to find a focus in life like what I did eventually. I’ve been putting her naked pictures up on lampposts on Old Wortley Road, doesn’t take away the pain but hopefully I’ve scarred a couple of joggers for life.

Old Worley road you say? lol

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Correct - as I say I am very disappointed by the way this Leuven deal is looking - purely to spite SWFC.

Exactly. And this is why so many fans are rightly pïssed off. 

If GH wants to chase the money, he's every right to do so - we can't match the wages offered by Premier League clubs and neither should we try.

But the spiteful and vindictive move to Leicester's feeder club to screw us out of compo is more difficult to swallow. For people who claim to love the club as the Hirsts do, this is hard to justify. It seems as though the club and its fans are just collateral damage in the Hirsts' petty squabble with the chairman. 

If you'll forgive the crude analogy, the Hirsts have taken revenge on one man by burning down his house and making his entire family homeless. 

Anyway, I've just seen the breaking news about Borukov signing a pro contract. Time to focus on the players who actually want to be at the club. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, snaykz said:

If you'll forgive the crude analogy, the Hirsts have taken revenge on one man by burning down his house and making his entire family homeless. 

lol

A very slight over reaction but generated a genuine LOL

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ...

I nip away for an hour to watch some skateboarding on youtube, come back and it's on 102 pages

Craaaaazy

lol

Struggling to work out which is the biggest waste of time.

9 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

lol

A very slight over reaction but generated a genuine LOL

Maybe. Certainly not as big an overreaction as dragging your son to some foreign backwater just to spite a bloke you'll never have to speak to again. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Each to their own innit bro

Indeed it is, I might even be half interested if they were skateboarding in Sheffield.

I’d be interested to know if there has ever been a case like this, where a sister/feeder club has been used to avoid the compensation. I would imagine a lot of clubs are watching this to see how it pans out. 

If it’s good for the goose and all that. Close the academy, and use the money to buy Dundalk Fc, someone like that. Then hoover up all the top kids at teams lower than us, get Dundalk to buy them, then cherry pick the best ones for us. 

I honestly don’t think people realise the significance of this deal. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’d be interested to know if there has ever been a case like this, where a sister/feeder club has been used to avoid the compensation. I would imagine a lot of clubs are watching this to see how it pans out. 

If it’s good for the goose and all that. Close the academy, and use the money to buy Dundalk Fc, someone like that. Then hoover up all the top kids at teams lower than us, get Dundalk to buy them, then cherry pick the best ones for us. 

I honestly don’t think people realise the significance of this deal. 

Totally agree

Owlstalk Shop