Hopefully same won't happen to Kieran Lee...

Just now, Rogers said:

If we had been promoted due to FF scoring; no one would be complaining 

Sometimes you you have to take a risk

Exactly, he’s that good it was a risk worth taking. As is the Wednesday way it backfired spectacularly. An you know what I’d risk it all again. If a player says he’s fit he’s as culpable as the manager for me. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That with the same hip problem?

Yes ......I think quite a lot of players are advised to pack in playing on a monthly basis.....some do, you can tell those who don't when they get to 40 and can barely walk!

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes ......I think quite a lot of players are advised to pack in playing on a monthly basis.....some do, you can tell those who don't when they get to 40 and can barely walk!

How do players get through the medicals?

I mean if one club urges a player to retire on medical grounds how does another club then give them a vigorous assessment and decide they're ok. 

Mind, to say Oldham were telling him to retire. ..it didn't stop them offering him a new deal when we nipped in to get him..

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlos Carvalhal decided to play him even though he was carrying an injury.

Now you can say he didn’t make him play until you’re blue in the face but any player will try to play in the big matches (such as playoffs) if he can and sometimes they need protecting from themselves.

Carlos as manager had the final say on team selection and he selected Forestieri when he needed an operation. We have paid the price for this reckless attitude this season losing our best player for the vast majority of it.

You do know Jos will have played some players who weren’t fully fit since he become manager. 

11 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

You do know Jos will have played some players who weren’t fully fit since he become manager. 

There's probably not a player in the land who goes out 100% fit is there once the season kicks off. 

That said, I do think Jos has shown a little more... restraint. 

Several players after making their comebacks have suggested that they'd been ready to play for a time before Jos picked them. 

I certainly think he's more cautious about risking setbacks than Carlos was. 

We all know ourselves from playing that you'll tell the manager you're ready to roll when realistically you probably need a bit longer.

Whether the manager believed you was a different matter.

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlos Carvalhal decided to play him even though he was carrying an injury.

Now you can say he didn’t make him play until you’re blue in the face but any player will try to play in the big matches (such as playoffs) if he can and sometimes they need protecting from themselves.

Carlos as manager had the final say on team selection and he selected Forestieri when he needed an operation. We have paid the price for this reckless attitude this season losing our best player for the vast majority of it.

Your logic is extremely poor and driven by your desire to blame CC.

Of course every manager wants to play his best players and therefore it's up to the medical team and the player to determine if he is fit to play. If manager gets green light he plays him. Same with all managers at all clubs.

Regardless would the price have been worth it if FF had scored his penalty in the playoffs and we had got promoted?

15 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

There's a huge difference between playing a player who "Isn't fully fit" and playing someone constantly on injections.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

There's a huge difference between playing a player who "Isn't fully fit" and playing someone constantly on injections.

Managers will play players who are declared fit by the medical team.

Listening to some on here could make you believe that the manager administers the injections himself.

4 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Of course every manager wants to play his best players and therefore it's up to the medical team and the player to determine if he is fit to play.

I think this is where the waters get cloudy isn't it. Because while that is true there was lots of talk at the time about the medical staff advise being overlooked. 

Whether that's  true or not...There was clearly some falling out over it which led to   the backroom medical team being  given the chop.

9 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Managers will play players who are declared fit by the medical team.

Listening to some on here could make you believe that the manager administers the injections himself.

What you say is correct but it's not just down to the manager or medical team it's the player as well. Some managers will not have a injections policy where as some will. Sadly for us it got to the point where so many key players were on injections it left us in a mess.

8 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Your logic is extremely poor and driven by your desire to blame CC.

Of course every manager wants to play his best players and therefore it's up to the medical team and the player to determine if he is fit to play. If manager gets green light he plays him. Same with all managers at all clubs.

Regardless would the price have been worth it if FF had scored his penalty in the playoffs and we had got promoted?

Going round in circles here, think we’ll just agree to disagree.

All I will say is Forestieri didn’t score his penalty, he didn’t have his operation last season, for some crazy reason he didn’t have it over the summer either and as a result he’s been out for the vast majority of the season.

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

There's probably not a player in the land who goes out 100% fit is there once the season kicks off. 

That said, I do think Jos has shown a little more... restraint. 

Several players after making their comebacks have suggested that they'd been ready to play for a time before Jos picked them. 

I certainly think he's more cautious about risking setbacks than Carlos was. 

We all know ourselves from playing that you'll tell the manager you're ready to roll when realistically you probably need a bit longer.

Whether the manager believed you was a different matter.

Agree with all of this and Jos is certainly more cautious than Carlos but some posters on here have the agenda that everything that goes wrong is his fault. Hence the if Kieran Lee retires Carlos is to blame comments 

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Like who?

As I’m not ITK or a medical expert like some on here with all the Wednesday injuries .I’d say that Loovens , Pudil and Hunt have all played without been 100% fit under Jos. Unless your privy to all the Wednesday injuries and treatment you can’t disprove this but you’d probably just blame Carlos anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

As I’m not ITK or a medical expert like some on here with all the Wednesday injuries .I’d say that Loovens , Pudil and Hunt have all played without been 100% fit under Jos. Unless your privy to all the Wednesday injuries and treatment you can’t disprove this but you’d probably just blame Carlos anyway. 

No you’ve claimed that and based it on nothing, I based what I said on interviews with Hutchinson, Forestieri and Lees.

Bit of a difference.

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Agree with all of this and Jos is certainly more cautious than Carlos but some posters on here have the agenda that everything that goes wrong is his fault. Hence the if Kieran Lee retires Carlos is to blame comments 

I wouldn't lay all the blame at Carlos' door. But I can remember even now staring at the man next to me in wide eyed amazement when Lee was named as a starter against Derby when we'd told he'd probably miss the rest of the season. I don't think there can have been too many of us that were even more surprised to see him then start every game afterwards. If he retires (though I remain to be convinced he will) that game management must surely have played some small part in it. 5 games in 20 odd days, with no full training and no rest was, I feel taking a huge gamble.  Medical team, Carlos, and the player have to hold their hands up.