Jack Hunt injured AGAIN!

23 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Thats garbage . 

Not really, look at the RB/RWB who play for the top 6 teams in the league,

Matt Doherty, Lee Peltier, El Mohamady, Ryan Shotton, Ryan Fredericks & Conor McLaughlin......

You don't need to know anything about Championship football to realise Jack Hunt is just as good as the players above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst I would hate Reach to be used as a LWB, I think he is better playing forward,  I was impressed by the performance he put in when dropping deep to cover for Hunt on Saturday. Maybe we have found a good place for an excellent player?

27 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Matt Doherty, Lee Peltier, El Mohamady, Ryan Shotton, Ryan Fredericks & Conor McLaughlin......

You don't need to know anything about Championship football to realise Jack Hunt is just as good as the players above.

Clearly 

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

You actually think Hunt is at the same standard as Doherty!?

12 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Doherty - 45 games (3,986 mins), 4 goals, 5 assists

Hunt - 34 games (2,748 mins), 0 goals 5 assists

Not too far off is he? Created more goals per minute than Doherty, just needs to chip in with a few more goals

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Doherty - 45 games (3,986 mins), 4 goals, 5 assists

Hunt - 34 games (2,748 mins), 0 goals 5 assists

Not too far off is he? Created more goals per minute than Doherty, just needs to chip in with a few more goals

But you can't solely base it off stats. We all know Hunt should have more assists to his name but the quality on his delivery is often missing. Plus, he's not scored a league goal yet since leaving Hudders - terrible for an attack minded player who gets in to some good positions.

I've watched Doherty a few times this season and he has a much better footballing brain than Hunt - just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Oh, so your one of THOSE fans who has an agenda against a certain player for no reason who has proven to be good enough to play in a promotion winning side? 

Cool.

No i am one of those fans who recognise that Hunt is clearly not good enough and injured too much for a serious promotion contenders , if you want to settle for mediocrity thats up to you . 

Personally I want the best I can get playing for my club and Hunt is not that by a long way . 

1 hour ago, Tapeworm said:

No, but everyone in that Wolves team is significantly better than every other team in the league, player for player. They'll go down as one of the best Championship teams ever, and will hit over 100 pts...how many other teams could do that?

The likes of Lee Peltier, Ryan Shotton & that kid from Millwall, he's just as good if not better than.

53 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No i am one of those fans who recognise that Hunt is clearly not good enough and injured too much for a serious promotion contenders , if you want to settle for mediocrity thats up to you . 

Personally I want the best I can get playing for my club and Hunt is not that by a long way . 

Shall we just play FF & Bannan play every week then? 

I too want to see talented players all over the squad but you have to accept its not going to happen, some positions will be weaker than others and a top end fullback isn't a high priority for us - never will be, because we already have one who is good enough.

Before this season, Hunt was a regular in the side that had two fantastic seasons/playoff campaigns, equalling the CS record? AND that was playing alongside a seasoned Loovens & a string of poor LBs.

Once we buy a proper LB and find a central pairing with Lees and whoever we'll be solid at the back, thats all we need. I'd rather have the club spend the transfer funds we have available on players who are going to help us score and win games.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

No, but everyone in that Wolves team is significantly better than every other team in the league, player for player. They'll go down as one of the best Championship teams ever, and will hit over 100 pts...how many other teams could do that?

The likes of Lee Peltier, Ryan Shotton & that kid from Millwall, he's just as good if not better than.

Shall we just play FF & Bannan play every week then? 

I too want to see talented players all over the squad but you have to accept its not going to happen, some positions will be weaker than others and a top end fullback isn't a high priority for us - never will be, because we already have one who is good enough.

Before this season, Hunt was a regular in the side that had two fantastic seasons/playoff campaigns, equalling the CS record? AND that was playing alongside a seasoned Loovens & a string of poor LBs.

Once we buy a proper LB and find a central pairing with Lees and whoever we'll be solid at the back, thats all we need. I'd rather have the club spend the transfer funds we have available on players who are going to help us score and win games.

Thats your opinion and thats fine 

My opinion is that he is not good enough  and his distribution is dire , never looked like scoring a goal even though he has been in plenty of positions to do so , gets a nosebleed in the box and is turned to easily .

I would rather play Kieron Lee Hutchinson or even Joey at fullback/ wingback

He is bang average IMO . 

Guest Arcadianrocket

Hunt has gone very under the radar this season, but he's been right up there as one of our most consistent players.

It's now about getting rid of Palmer and bringing in someone who can fight with Hunt for the shirt.