A Tale Of Two Managers

41 minutes ago, Dot said:

I notice you left FF out of the research,

I don't recall us ever conceding 3 goals in 15 minutes under Carlos

we are all happy that we are safe but seriously jos is not the man to take us forward next season, his management is dire and one of the main reasons we are safe is because of the absolutely terrible quality of those below us this season.

when we went on that run of 3 points from a potential 30, but never moved positions because of the shocking teams below us

I fear the worst if Jos is our manager next seaon

Posts like these beggar belief.

He's had our first team missing for almost all his tenure.

He inherited a totally shambles.

FFS, give the guy a break and judge him when he's prepared the squad in pre season his way.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Only stat missing which the CC followers may call into question is the opposition, was it top tier teams that CC Managed against, and was it JL only played against

lower placed teams.

If there about the same, then it shows just how good JL has done.

Should be about balanced Dale ?

He came in just about half way into season so it's pretty much same but away home in reverse 

sure someone will post this info shortly ?

7 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Posts like these beggar belief.

He's had our first team missing for almost all his tenure.

He inherited a totally shambles.

FFS, give the guy a break and judge him when he's prepared the squad in pre season his way.

Its an opinion mate

we all have them

its been pointed out many times that CC had the same team as Jos towards the end (the injuries), CC was hampered by the same injuries as Jos was

I'll give Jos his due though.....first time I've ever seen a 5-5 formation 

Jos is the not the man to take us forward

I hope I am wrong but I fear that I am not

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Dot said:

we are all happy that we are safe but seriously jos is not the man to take us forward next season, his management is dire and one of the main reasons we are safe is because of the absolutely terrible quality of those below us this season.

when we went on that run of 3 points from a potential 30, but never moved positions because of the shocking teams below us

He will be boss next season but don't worry; it'll be right.

12 minutes ago, Dot said:

Its an opinion mate

we all have them

its been pointed out many times that CC had the same team as Jos towards the end (the injuries), CC was hampered by the same injuries as Jos was

We are all entitled to an opinion but your judgement is unfair for me.

By any reasonable measure, his time here so far has been fire fighting the position he inherited.

No fair minded person judges him on that basis.

When he’s had a pre season, got players back from injury and played 3-4 months next season then you can form a reasoned opinion.

Until then it’s just short sighted to judge him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dot said:

Its an opinion mate

we all have them

Dorothy,

(hope you dont mind me using your first name)

opinions are normally based on facts, and as the facts above have shown JL has done just a good a job than what CC did with a much better team to pick from,

the same bloke you said shouldn't be sacked, and who said himself could not inspire the players he had to work with.

So i find your opinion that a failing Manager was better than a Manager who has out performed him, a tad odd.

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We are all entitled to an opinion but your judgement is unfair for me.

By any reasonable measure, his time here so far has been fire fighting the position he inherited.

No fair minded person judges him on that basis.

When he’s had a pre season, got players back from injury and played 3-4 months next season then you can form a reasoned opinion.

Until then it’s just short sighted to judge him. 

you are supposing on what he might do

I'm giving an opinion based on what he has done for us

he has been VERY poor

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Dorothy,

(hope you dont mind me using your first name)

opinions are normally based on facts, and as the facts above have shown JL has done just a good a job than what CC did with a much better team to pick from,

the same bloke you said shouldn't be sacked, and who said himself could not inspire the players he had to work with.

So i find your opinion that a failing Manager was better than a Manager who has out performed him, a tad odd.

nice attempt to rewrite history 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

nice attempt to rewrite history 

Not trying to rewrite history Dorothy, the facts are shown above, facts you cant argue with.

Edited by daleblue

1 minute ago, Dot said:

he has been VERY poor

I’m supposing nothing.

If he fails after a reasonable period then get rid. 

You are judging him in a situation where his coaching, fitness regime etc have been superceeded by our injury problems and a need to be pragmatic with a depleted playing squad to ensure we stayed up.

Judging him now is just crazy. 

45 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Only stat missing which the CC followers may call into question is the opposition, was it top tier teams that CC Managed against, and was it JL only played against

lower placed teams.

If there about the same, then it shows just how good JL has done.

That's a bit of a googly isn't it, as we're generally poorer against poorer sides! 

• Haha 1

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

I’m supposing nothing.

If he fails after a reasonable period then get rid. 

You are judging him in a situation where his coaching, fitness regime etc have been superceeded by our injury problems and a need to be pragmatic with a depleted playing squad to ensure we stayed up.

Judging him now is just crazy. 

I'm out

Jos's record is abysmal

I've already renewed for next season an beyond

I fear the worst if this clown is in charge

enjoy

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Today's victory against Hull throws up a relatively interesting statistical quirk: Carvalhal averaged 1.17 points per game during his 23 league matches in charge this season, which is exactly the same as Luhukay has averaged during his 17 league matches in charge so far.

Of course, that only tells part of the story. The eleven players with the most league appearances under Carvalhal this season were:

Reach (23 apps)

Hooper (23)

Bannan (21)

Rhodes (20)

Wallace (19)

Fletcher (19)

Westwood (18)

Lees (18)

Hunt (17)

Jones (17)

Lee (15)

...whereas the most frequently-used players (with a three-way tie for eleventh place) so far under Luhukay are:

Wildsmith (17 apps)

Reach (17)

João (16)

Nuhiu (16)

Venâncio (15)

Boyd (15)

Pelupessy (14)

Fox (13)

Pudil (12)

Palmer (11)

Hunt / Lees / Thorniley (9 apps each)

We're looking at very different sets of players which the two managers have been able to rely on, with only Reach, Lees and Hunt offering any kind of consistency between their two reigns.

It will come as no surprise to any Wednesday fan, but it's quite remarkable how few of our 'big name' players have been available to Luhukay during his time here: whereas Carvalhal was able to call on Hooper in every single one of his league games, Luhukay hasn't been able to pick him once. In addition to this, the likes of Fletcher, Westwood and Lee, who were frequently playing under Carvalhal, haven't been available for selection once under Luhukay, whilst Wallace and Bannan have barely been able to feature during his tenure either.

Instead, Luhukay has had to somehow fashion a team by coaxing previously-unseen performances from out-of-favour strikers such as Nuhiu and João; completing a defence with young and inexperienced players such as Wildsmith and Thorniley; and filling much of the rest of the team with players who were previously seen as backup options or squad players.

That he's managed to achieve the same points average as our previous manager given the comparatively limited tools he's had to work with can only be seen as effective management, and hopefully bodes well for our future under Luhukay. Given a full pre-season to bed in his own signings, instil his own methods, and hopefully work with some of our better players, who knows where he could take us?

Watch out, Championship, Luhukay's finding his rhythm!

Ozzie_&_Jos_Dance.gif.989dbf02c7bae4fd39ee216ebb255d5e.gif

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

there are no facts just opinions FFS

The facts I have put in bold and underlined for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

I'm out

Jos's record is abysmal

I've already renewed for next season an beyond

I fear the worst if this clown is in charge

enjoy

His record is the same as Carlos this season but with a significantly worse set of players. 

That is fact.

You think Carlos record was abysmal this season I presume? 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
18 minutes ago, Dot said:

Its an opinion mate

we all have them

Towards the end ( last 7 games) we got 4 points when Carlos had the likes of Westwood, Lees, Wallace, Bannan,Hutch, Hooper and Lee available quite a bit. 

As soon as Jos got only a couple back we started winning. 12 points from last 18. I don't mind the odd defensive nightmare given that return especially considering the continuing injury nightmare.

Whatever people views on Jos and whether they just don't like his tache,  or are acolytes of the precious incumbent finding it hard to let go the fact is.....he's here.  He's our  manager and next season he can start with a fresh canvass with players back to full fitness and hopefully a bit of wheeling and dealing in the market (to an extent given FFP). 

He's our manager. 

Let's get behind him like we did Carlos when he rolled into town.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dot said:

I don't fear the worst, just mid table mediocrity. 

Not taking anything away from him today, he deserves a lot of credit for us beating a team who were scoring goals for fun.

But until he can eradicate losing games before half time, we'll lose more than we'll win.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
18 minutes ago, Dot said:

he has been VERY poor

Disagree; just my opinion but in any event facts are better points per game than Carlos with less resources