A Tale Of Two Managers

8 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Interesting stats 

I just don’t know what to expect next season. Under Jos performances have ranged from ok to absolutely dire with not much in between, and as a result I’m struggling to be optimistic about our chances next season

That'd be performances equivalent to CC's at the start of the season then ?? lol At least the whole squad should be fit and raring to go at the start of next season hopefully. That's the beauty of football ; you never quite know what's going to happen next. It's why we keep coming back for more season after season, even when we've won very little for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

Interesting stats 

I just don’t know what to expect next season. Under Jos performances have ranged from ok to absolutely dire with not much in between, and as a result I’m struggling to be optimistic about our chances next season

Did you expect much more given the mess he inherited and the players he's had available, though?

I'll be honest, survival was all I was hoping for by the time Luhukay took over.

Having to rely on unproven youngsters and out-of-favour squad players was never going to be a recipe for fluent beautiful football.

18 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Having to rely on unproven youngsters and out-of-favour squad players was never going to be a recipe for fluent beautiful football.

I think that's been part of the issue.

People (or at least some people) expected Jos to come in, start winning games, and winning them in style.

Completley unrealistic of course.  But that's some folks isn't it.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

The role of a manager in any career is to add value to the resources he has at his disposal. There is no doubt Jos has added value to the squad by boosting confidence, fitness and results from the limited resource he has had. Add back our best players, a renewed hunger and a proper pre-season and i am very very optimistic for next season.

On 15/04/2018 at 14:52, Stoop said:

Interesting stats 

Yes some of our performances have been bad and I’m not fully convinced that he’s brought new confidence to the squad just yet. Most of our wins have coincided with Bannan and Lees being back on the pitch. I didnt see much improved confidence in players at home to Ipswich or Bolton, or away to Bristol city and qpr. So jury is still out for me