A Tale Of Two Managers

1 hour ago, Dot said:

I notice you left FF out of the research,

I don't recall us ever conceding 3 goals in 15 minutes under Carlos

we are all happy that we are safe but seriously jos is not the man to take us forward next season, his management is dire and one of the main reasons we are safe is because of the absolutely terrible quality of those below us this season.

when we went on that run of 3 points from a potential 30, but never moved positions because of the shocking teams below us

I fear the worst if Jos is our manager next seaon

So we're safe because everyone else is rubbish?

Who would you say could save us from what you fear next season?

WTF!?

39 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We are all entitled to an opinion but your judgement is unfair for me.

By any reasonable measure, his time here so far has been fire fighting the position he inherited.

No fair minded person judges him on that basis.

When he’s had a pre season, got players back from injury and played 3-4 months next season then you can form a reasoned opinion.

Until then it’s just short sighted to judge him. 

33 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I’m supposing nothing.

If he fails after a reasonable period then get rid. 

You are judging him in a situation where his coaching, fitness regime etc have been superceeded by our injury problems and a need to be pragmatic with a depleted playing squad to ensure we stayed up.

Judging him now is just crazy. 

But if you do have to judge him on his short time so far, that judgement should be a good one.

especially looking at the stats.

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He’s done ok. The situation he inherited was difficult and there was a time when it looked liked the situation would engulf him but he’s hung in there.

I don’t think we’ll see a significant changeover in personnel and if we are to do well next season, it’ll be down to what he can get out of players he’s inherited once again.

I really hope that is not the case. History shows we have far too many important players that are not available to play in enough games. Any team serious about promotion has to look at the stats and see any team with this many injury prone players will not realistically get promoted.

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

looking forward to Ramone tells us it’s all nonsense.

Funnily enough, he did just that a couple of days ago when I posted something very similar to the OP. He'd made a point just like this...

1 hour ago, Dot said:

...CC was hampered by the same injuries as Jos was

So my reply was...

On 4/13/2018 at 00:47, DJMortimer said:

There is simply no comparison between the resources they have had available and it is utterly fraudulent to suggest otherwise. Here's a list of some of the major players in our squad and their appearances this season...

Carvalhal          Luhukay                            

(29 games)       (20 games)                      

Westwood                  18                      0                                                   

Lees                           20                      8                                                    

van Aken                    13                      0                                                   

Hutchinson                   5                      2                                                    

Bannan                       23                     4                                                               

Lee                             15                      0                                                              

Wallace                       21                     4                                                      

Forestieri                      3                      4

Hooper                        24                     0                                                     

Fletcher                       20                     0

TOTALS                    162                   22

...and then some of the Academy team who have been relied on out of necessity...

Wildsmith                    8                      20

Dawson                       0                       4

Thorniley                     0                       8

Nielsen                        0                       3

O'Grady                      0                        1

Clare                          0                        5  

Stobbs                        0                        3

TOTALS                     8                      44

The two managers have put together almost identical records this season, but one has had a very big advantage in terms of the resource available to him. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I really hope that is not the case. History shows we have far too many important players that are not available to play in enough games. Any team serious about promotion has to look at the stats and see any team with this many injury prone players will not realistically get promoted.

Jos had said that this is something that needs to be addressed in the summer invluding better fitness and injury rehab regimes no doubt.

I do think that there'll be more comings and goings than some expect. I think. couple of fans favourites might be cashed in to fund necessary incomings.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Jos had said that this is something that needs to be addressed in the summer invluding better fitness and injury rehab regimes no doubt.

I do think that there'll be more comings and goings than some expect. I think. couple of fans favourites might be cashed in to fund necessary incomings.

Not enough money from selling Abdi etc would fund the big changes needed so I expect you right.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Funnily enough, he did just that a couple of days ago when I posted something very similar to the OP. He'd made a point just like this...

So my reply was...

The two managers have put together almost identical records this season, but one has had a very big advantage in terms of the resource available to him. 

And THIS is a very good example of why I've stopped arguing with you.

:tango: WtfOC 18 ©

• Haha 3

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So my reply was...

Hasn't Jos achieved the same points from half a dozen less games too?

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Is he gonna be allowed to make his own signings though, or are DC and KM going to be pulling the strings from above? 

If there's any money to spend at all.

The one good thing is, I suspect we'll not be having our pants pulled down in any transfer dealings with Kit-kat going in to bat. I don't think she'll take any prisoners when the spivs try it on.

@Dot There are facts above that show what Jos has done for the club that back up the opinion of those in this thread.

Do you have any FACTS to back up your opinion or is it just an opinion that has no substance whatsoever?

I don't say that to be funny or difficult, I'm just curious to see whether you have any facts to back it up.

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I mean look at this picture. You can see the spring is ready to be sprung.

He's like one of those casually dressed middle aged blokes you see drinking outside a flat roofed estate pub. Could go off in a few seconds flat. 

2018-04-14 20.14.13.png

:luhukay:

Cant stop laughing at that hahaha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robswfc said:

Neither has done a good job this season...

1.17 points per game is nowhere near good enough.

Oh, don't get me wrong - if we're averaging 1.17 points per game after a dozen matches next season, I'll be far from impressed. But given the godawful circumstances Luhukay was parachuted into; the turnaround in form required; and the players he's had available whilst trying to achieve that; I'd say he's done a very good job.

• Like 1