Yorkshire clubs - biggest to smallest

17 hours ago, just visiting said:

Rose again briefly? For the 12 years between 1990 and 2002 we consistently were one the top 4/5 clubs in England and qualified for European football for 8 seasons reaching the semi finals of both cups.

To say we have been a nothing club since then is fair enough I suppose, though is does make you wonder why Sky have broadcast nearly half our fixtures this season despite being crap, and we'll probably be a nothing club for the foreseeable future now.

It wasn't that long ago though that I celebrated us winning the league title. I saw Rivaldo scraping a last minute equalizer for Barcelona at ER.  Watched AC Milan have Oliver Bierhoff and Shevchenko up front and still lose at ER. I was fortunate being part of the 7,000+ at the San Siro when Matteo scored. Watched us beating Italian champions Lazio in there own back garden. Being 2-1 up the Bernabeu before seeing Raul and Figo score but ultimately reaching the Champions League semi finals.

Not many other fans of big clubs in Yorkshire can say they witnessed the same. So you're right, for the 16 years since our last purple patch, we've been a nothing club but by the same logic, haven't Sheffield Wednesday being a nothing club for over 80 years then?

Cool story dude lol 

Nickers . twisted , holy sheepshit you're upset lol lol lol 

'dafuck !!!!!!

WGAS

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

I say rose briefly coz you didnt win owt,well our oldboy HW got you a title lol

Think the main difference in between us and you is when we did build a side that had potential,our board never had the ambition to kick it on and add the two or three missing peices that would have drove us onto better things,our board was very conservative,we never went for it.

leeds on the otherhand had the likes of manny cousins and leslie silver,ambitious businessmen,who shared their ambition for the football club,and werent afraid to back managers ambitions,whilst ours went cost cutting,yours werent afraid to back the manager with big signings,we offered money for Allan Clarke way before leeds,the season fulham went down we were first in,but got cold feet when the bidding went up beyond our 100 grand limit.

The revie era,in which you got all those titles will be forever tainted by the brown envelopes scandals,how many titles did you win and how many did you bribe your way to?those that know will never tell or are dead now.

Really, by who? People with a jealousy of our dominance at the time or just a bit too dim to read the facts and make their own conclusion.

Successful bribery takes two to tango. Are you suggesting players and managers of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Everton all colluded in this scandal to let Leeds United be champions of England, not once but twice, in return for cash and the same for the FA Cup and League Cup? Are you suggesting Rangers, Juventus, Fk Partizan, Sparta Prague, Barcelona and Liverpool among others, all accepted cash so we could win the EUFA cup twice.

Unfortunately, the only Yorkshire club tainted by and had players convicted of proven acts of match fixing is Sheffield Wednesday. 

On 12/04/2018 at 00:13, TomtheOwl95 said:
  1. Wednesday
  2. Leeds
  3. Sheffield United
  4. Barnsley
  5. Bradford City
  6. Huddersfield
  7. Rotherham
  8. Doncaster
  9. York
  10. Halifax

I don't really consider Hull part of Yorkshire personally but they'd probably be around Huddersfield area.

didn't you do geography at school?

IF yorkshire ccc have played home games there, it's in YORKSHIRE.

1. Leeds
  2. The Wednesday
  3. Sheffield United
  4. Middlesborough
  5. Hull City
  6. Huddersfield
  7. Bradford City
  8. Sheffield Wednesday U23's
  9. Barnsley
  10. Rotherham
  11. York
  12. Halifax
  13. Sheffield FC
  14. Stocksbridge
  15. Hallam FC
  16. Parkgate
  17. Maltby MW
  18. North Ferriby United
  19. Bridlington Town
  20. Denaby United
  21. Sheffield Wednesday Women
  22. Owlstalk FC
  23. Doncaster Belles
  24. Doncaster Rovers
Edited by steveger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, just visiting said:

Enlighten me.

Or do just like being vague?

Wolves bung

Fish tanks 

Sky backroom staff being Leeds fans 

Your confused emoji means you are as thick as two short planks ..?

Or like most of your lot you only want people to talk about nice things about your club .

Which means the conversations limited..

"Leeds United twinned with Liverpool FC"

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Wolves bung

Fish tanks 

Sky backroom staff being Leeds fans 

Your confused emoji means you are as thick as two short planks ..?

Or like most of your lot you only want people to talk about nice things about your club .

Which means the conversations limited..

"Leeds United twinned with Liverpool FC"

lol

Ah the Wolves bung accusation by Munro and Hegan. The game we lost 2-1. Some bung that, aren't they suppose to ensure that the result goes the way of team giving the bung.

To make it worse, the player who made the accusations, (after him and Hegan had received nice financial incentives from the Sunday People) was the guy who scored the first goal. You couldn't make it up (well you could actually, it turns out.)

Strangely, during an Old Baily libel trial, the 258 appearance Wolves club captain Derek Dugan, denied any knowledge of any alleged bungs to any Wolves player. 

Try having a quid on all 40 horses today mate in the National, you'll get summat right at least once today. lol

4 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Ah the Wolves bung accusation by Munro and Hegan. The game we lost 2-1. Some bung that, aren't they suppose to ensure that the result goes the way of team giving the bung.

To make it worse, the player who made the accusations, (after him and Hegan had received nice financial incentives from the Sunday People) was the guy who scored the first goal. You couldn't make it up (well you could actually, it turns out.)

Strangely, during an Old Baily libel trial, the 258 appearance Wolves club captain Derek Dugan, denied any knowledge of any alleged bungs to any Wolves player. 

Try having a quid on all 40 horses today mate in the National, you'll get summat right at least once today. lol

Save me looking it up?

Did the Sunday People get into any bother for entrapment?

WTF!?

33 minutes ago, just visiting said:

That would be the same Derek Dougan 

Who sat next to his "pal" Mr Revie in TV studios across this land and may others 

Commentating and exchanging pleasantries with the crook (Revie would only work with "his kind")

Leeds were bent

Revie and his cronies were bent 

At least Sprake had the decency to fess up ....

Thats called having conscience .

I don't bet on anything by the way .

That's for chancers ...

There's too many Don Revies still in this world to waste my hard earned ...

Oh and I'm not your mate .......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

Nobody had heard of Leeds before 1960. By that time Us, Dem Galactico's and Huddersfield had won more trophies than Leeds DID in their heyday...theyve been poo since HW won their last one. They are 4th in Yorkshire  league based on that alone. Attendances mean knowt we were getting bigger attendances in the 50's yo-yo ing between the top two divisions. Elland Rd has never had a stadium that could compare with our B D M match

Edited by daveyboy66

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That would be the same Derek Dougan 

Who sat next to his "pal" Mr Revie in TV studios across this land and may others 

Commentating and exchanging pleasantries with the crook (Revie would only work with "his kind")

Leeds were bent

Revie and his cronies were bent 

At least Sprake had the decency to fess up ....

Thats called having conscience .

I don't bet on anything by the way .

That's for chancers ...

There's too many Don Revies still in this world to waste my hard earned ...

Oh and I'm not your mate .......

Silly billy.

5 hours ago, steveger said:
  1. Leeds
  2. The Wednesday
  3. Sheffield United
  4. Middlesborough
  5. Hull City
  6. Huddersfield
  7. Bradford City
  8. Sheffield Wednesday U23's
  9. Barnsley