Yorkshire clubs - biggest to smallest

Just been having this conversation and was interested to see what others thought. As per the title, Yorkshire clubs in order from biggest club to smallest imo:

1. Wednesday

2. Leeds

3. Pigs

4. Bradford City

5. Huddersfield

6. Hull City

7. Barnsley

8. Doncaster Rovers

9. Rotherham United

10. York City

What do you think?

Edited by VBQ24

5 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Just been having this conversation and was interested to see what others thought. As per the title, Yorkshire clubs in order from biggest club to smallest imo:

1. Wednesday

2. Leeds

3. Pigs

4. Bradford City

5. Huddersfield

6. Hull City

7. Barnsley

8. Doncaster Rovers

9. Rotherham United

10. York City

What do you think ?

WTF. Of course The Wednesday are number one. Didn't even HAVE to think about it.

All the others ????   MEH ................................... :duntmatter:

'dafuck!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Don’t think anyone outside Sheffield would ever say Wednesday were bigger than Leeds United.

Leeds United had a spell in the early 70’s of being one of the best club sides in world football.

Also the potential support at Leeds puts them in the top 5 biggest clubs in England.

Leeds have supporters all around the country and plenty of supporters clubs in Europe.

Sky viewing figures show the audience is far bigger for Leeds matches than any other Chsmpuomship club.

However Leeds United were a nothing club before 1964

Before 1964 Wednesday were a much bigger club than Leeds United for many decades.

1st Leeds United

2nd Wednesday

3rd United

4th Middlesboro (United traditionally bigger but Boro are catching up)

5th Huddersfield (mainly based on winning 3 titles in the 20’s and many seasons in the top flight).

6th Barnsley

7th Hull City

8th Bradford (good potential support but spent most of their history in the bottom 2 divisions)

9th Doncaster (traditionally slightly bigger than Rotherham)

10th Rotherham 

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ok,what in your opinion gives them second ?

For a city with one club they don't seem to have this massively impressive they claim to. Also if you look at what they've actually achieved (which I think is quite key to defining weather you're a big club or not) there isn't as much there as people would have you believe. I think because they had a big of success in Europe they have been given a reputation they don't deserve. Not suggesting they aren't a big club, If I was giving a list of the 20 clubs I'd want in the Premier League I'd have them in.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

For a city with one club they don't seem to have this massively impressive they claim to. Also if you look at what they've actually achieved (which I think is quite key to defining weather you're a big club or not) there isn't as much there as people would have you believe. I think because they had a big of success in Europe they have been given a reputation they don't deserve. Not suggesting they aren't a big club, If I was giving a list of the 20 clubs I'd want in the Premier League I'd have them in.

But thats the thing,Leeds are 10 years old as a club,what they did prior was consigned to the bin (for wants of a better description) when they went into admin and reformed,sure they have good attendances home and away,but thats all they've got.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Don’t think anyone outside Sheffield would ever say Wednesday were bigger than Leeds United.

Leeds United had a spell in the early 70’s of being one of the best club sides in world football.

Also the potential support at Leeds puts them in the top 5 biggest clubs in England.

Leeds have supporters all around the country and plenty of supporters clubs in Europe.

Sky viewing figures show the audience is far bigger for Leeds matches than any other Chsmpuomship club.

However Leeds United were a nothing club before 1964

Before 1964 Wednesday were a much bigger club than Leeds United for many decades.

1st Leeds United

2nd Wednesday

3rd United

4th Huddersfield (mainly based on winning 3 titles in the 20’s and many seasons in the top flight).

5th Barnsley

6th Hull City

7th Bradford (good potential support but spent most of their history in the bottom 2 divisions)

8th Doncaster (traditionally slightly bigger than Rotherham)

9th Rotherham 

lol lol lol lol lol  As if................... FFS. I'm outside Sheffield and I've always maintained The Wednesday are a bigger, better club. In fact, until calendar and look norf came along few people realised they had had to change their monicker from leeds city to united. And they've been in administration. And they're utter scum. lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

But thats the thing,Leeds are 10 years old as a club,what they did prior was consigned to the bin (for wants of a better description) when they went into admin and reformed,sure they have good attendances home and away,but thats all they've got.

Haha. Fair play. To be fair there's f*ck all to do in Leeds on a Saturday.