Where will Sheffield Wednesday finish?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Whatever happens i hope we have a new manager in place for next season.

Understand why but I'm hoping that we have a solid finish to the season, assisted by returning players, and that Jos assembles his own squad in the summer.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

24 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Understand why but I'm hoping that we have a solid finish to the season, assisted by returning players, and that Jos assembles his own squad in the summer.

Have a feeling whoever is manager will have hardly any money to assemble their own squad in the summer.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Have a feeling whoever is manager will have hardly any money to assemble their own squad in the summer.

Yes there'll be a need for wheeling and dealing. I'd expect that most/all contracts ending in the summer Loovens, Nuhiu, Venancio, Pudil etc will be released.

There'll also no doubt be some fans' favourites going to free up funds. We'll be looking for bargains rather than household names IMO.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You must be a very optimistic person :-) 16th place team are already 7 points ahead of us.

Not really; we're already in 18th one point behind 17th so two out of the three are very much in range.

4 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Yes there'll be a need for wheeling and dealing. I'd expect that most/all contracts ending in the summer Loovens, Nuhiu, Venancio, Pudil etc will be released.

There'll also no doubt be some fans' favourites going to free up funds. We'll be looking for bargains rather than household names IMO.

Out of the players you have listed as having their contracts up i would only possibly keep Venancio. Think the squad needs a massive overhaul and if that means shipping 1 or 2 of our more sellable players out i think that would be a decent thing to do.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Out of the players you have listed as having their contracts up i would only possibly keep Venancio. Think the squad needs a massive overhaul and if that means shipping 1 or 2 of our more sellable players out i think that would be a decent thing to do.

Agreed I think it's inevitable. Yes we'd like to keep Hooper, Reach, FF etc but if big bids come in that funds a major overhaul then it seems inevitable that they'd leave.

I know what you mean about Venacio but I see him as back up at best and to be honest I'd rather Thorniley, Nielsen and O'Grady fulfil that requirement. We need a commanding 'beast' to complement Lees.

3 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Agreed I think it's inevitable. Yes we'd like to keep Hooper, Reach, FF etc but if big bids come in that funds a major overhaul then it seems inevitable that they'd leave.

I know what you mean about Venacio but I see him as back up at best and to be honest I'd rather Thorniley, Nielsen and O'Grady fulfil that requirement. We need a commanding 'beast' to complement Lees.

100% agree about the new partner for Lees, we have needed a tough tackling no nonsense CB for years. Someone to bully the opponents. Hope this gets addressed in the summer.

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If he's going to cost €3m as reported I'd send him straight back tbh