Lucas Joao

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Apart from some of the u23s being put in the squad and doing well. Joao is for me the only other positive thing to come out of this season.

Another great goal yesterday.

Well done Lucas Joao.

Let’s  hope he keeps it going for the rest of the season, could keep us up and In doing so solve our FFP issues. Young powerful , pace y goal scorers command big fees , maybe Joao could recoup what we wasted on Rhodes. 

Sorry to say this but if I was a scout for a top championship team/bottom PL I would be sniffing a summer bargain. A club that has just published bad accounts needing funds and a 24 year old striker with all the tools to become great.

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Apart from some of the u23s being put in the squad and doing well. Joao is for me the only other positive thing to come out of this season.

Another great goal yesterday.

Well done Lucas Joao.

Adam Reach?

Just now, tarn owl said:

Sorry to say this but if I was a scout for a top championship team/bottom PL I would be sniffing a summer bargain. A club that has just published bad accounts needing funds and a 24 year old striker with all the tools to become great.

Agree he's only one year left on his contract which is a worry, he's the kind of player that will always attract attention after a few goals as he looks the part for a prem player, would be a no brainer signing for 5/6 million quid for the likes of burnley or watford, not sure he'd be ready for that level but its pretty much no risk for a team with prem riches if he succeeds you've got a 20 million quid striker on your hands if he flops you sell him back to some championship club for 3/4 million.

He's been impressive since given a run in the side, him and nuhiu are the only players to come out of recent weeks with any credit. Cant help but wonder where we would be as a club if we had just stuck with ff, hooper, nuhiu and joao last season and spent all the money wasted on rhodes, fletcher and winnall strengthening other positions.

By any measure he is having an excellent season.

We have scored 8 goals in our last 12 games. Lucas has scored 5 of them and won the converted penalty. 

He has 7 goals in 1100 league minutes. A goal every 155 minutes. That’s excellent.

What makes this all the more impressive is that sadly he is doing it in a very poor side.

As an aside, Jos is copping lots of stick for leaving him out of last night’s and the Millwall starting Xl. If Jos flogged Lucas into the ground as Carlos did with several players we could be left with a Nuhiu-Rhodes partnership for the rest of the season, with no sub strikers. He has to find a balance in many positions at present.

That said, clearly he is not finding the balance right now.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

By any measure he is having an excellent season.

We have scored 8 goals in our last 12 games. Lucas has scored 5 of them and won the converted penalty. 

He has 7 goals in 1100 league minutes. A goal every 155 minutes. That’s excellent.

What makes this all the more impressive is that sadly he is doing it in a very poor side.

As an aside, Jos is copping lots of stick for leaving him out of last night’s and the Millwall starting Xl. If Jos flogged Lucas into the ground as Carlos did with several players we could be left with a Nuhiu-Rhodes partnership for the rest of the season, with no sub strikers. He has to find a balance in many positions at present.

That said, clearly he is not finding the balance right now.

Think maybe Hirst will come in and help out after a few more u23 games.

29 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Adam Reach?

Probably been our only other good player apart from of course the two keepers. 

But I was expecting it from Reach this season. Wasnt sure if Joao would even kick a ball for us.