Best fans in the country

Love my away trips with the Wednesday family , Boro were there for the taking too , we are either better than I thought or Boro are poor and they are going for the play offs too !! Not on that showing they won’t be , I’m sure our first team would have seen them off quite easily. 

SWFC does have the best SUPPORTERS in the world if only you was one of them. I never been to an away match in 35 years that I can honestly say the travelling fans have not created an enjoyable atmosphere even when the performance was not so enjoyable. I bet I not the only person who treasures many memories of great away days. Night matches always have more atmosphere to enjoy.

My only reply to this OP is perhaps forget about what others are doing and try to enjoy watching your favourite team and then start a topic on owlstalk about something positive that doesn't offend fans who can watch a match without saying a word if they want and can still start a much more constructive and positive topic than this one.

Since JL has taken charge I can't help but notice how the fans have got behind the team and club in general. I much prefer watching the game now everyone can sense the optimism as we all can see the massive change in players attitude in such a short space of time with a 2nd 11 team getting results that 4 weeks ago would have been impossible. Has this passed you by ?????

WAWAW - have faith in Jos - I have and next season with JL own team it is going to be one to remember for all the right reasons. And this thread topic wont ever be mentioned again !!! 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I was there last night - the fans of both teams were very quiet for the majority. I was sat opposite the Wednesday fans - its one of the lowest turnouts Ive seen us take to Middlesborough.

23 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I was there last night - the fans of both teams were very quiet for the majority. I was sat opposite the Wednesday fans - its one of the lowest turnouts Ive seen us take to Middlesborough.

I am glad it wasn’t just me...we had a couple of decent bursts but on the whole it was quiet and difficult to get people interested.

I personally think the fans have been quiet on a few occasions this season...it’s not like us either.

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I just don’t understand why I got such a negative reaction...especially considering most of them listened on the wireless 

At every away match most fans listen on the wireless.

Say we take on average 2.5k fans that leaves the vast majority (90% of home average plus thousands more)  not there, probably listening on the radio, so what exactly is your point?

Seems to me your point is YOU went, so okay well done Jack, so did lots of others but they don't feel the need the need to make a big thing about.

BTW we may not be THE best fans in the country, but we are definetly amongst the best and on our day are the best, even on an off day (like last night sounds to be) we're still better than most.

The same as a lot of well supported clubs. UTO! WAWAW?

38 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Say we take on average 2.5k fans that leaves the vast majority (90% of home average plus thousands more)  not there, probably listening on the radio, so what exactly is your point?

Seems to me your point is YOU went, so okay well done Jack, so did lots of others but they don't feel the need the need to make a big thing about.

BTW we may not be THE best fans in the country, but we are definetly amongst the best and on our day are the best, even on an off day (like last night sounds to be) we're still better than most.

My point is the away fans have been poor recently and again last night...not impressive in my opinion 

3 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

You are right...how dare I form my own opinion based on my experience.

I don’t miss many away games and this season the fans have been generally disappointing, compared to normally high standards.