Owlstalk at it's very best! Target SMASSSSHED!!

Just had a good chat with Ricky, 

What a truly insperational man and family. As the Bio on the donate page says, he has lived with various conditions since Just after birth and this really is his chance at a  life which we all take for granted. 

With only ONE working vein this is really time critical, and he sees it as his chance and is under no Illusion what could happen. 

The accomodation provided by the NHS is not suitable for his wife, who is also disabled and tragically found out today also needs surgery but has postponed it to be with her husband when he gets the call. 

Ricky will have to make the journey with next to no notice to a city 150 miles away (my adopted home city) and pretty much leave everything for weeks of end. 

His intention is (subject to blood results today) is to have the op (also subject to a donar being found) and spend about four weeks in hospital. That’s just the start though, I know from my mother having a transplant it’s a huge undertaking, and months and years of being under constant doctor supervision. 

His wife, will be by his side for a week, then travel between Sheffield and oxford to see Ricky. 

Its his his wife who really needs this cash, Taxis and Hotels in one of the country’s most expensive city’s isn’t going to be easy, food and other items required for them will all cost.

His wife requires a vehicle we simply simply do not have in my business but he has been in touch with One and hopefully I can help with a few bits also. 

He is extreamley greatful for owltalks help @OWLSTALK and says since this has been posted his notifications when a donation is received has gone mad. 

He has signed up to OT now, awaiting approval so expect to see him on here soon. 

he really appreciates it all guys and I am truly humbled to speak with him, also he keeps a ST going and we plan to meet at the Birmingham Home game. 

Keep donating WAWAW. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Just had a good chat with Ricky, 

What a truly insperational man and family. As the Bio on the donate page says, he has lived with various conditions since Just after birth and this really is his chance at a  life which we all take for granted. 

With only ONE working vein this is really time critical, and he sees it as his chance and is under no Illusion what could happen. 

The accomodation provided by the NHS is not suitable for his wife, who is also disabled and tragically found out today also needs surgery but has postponed it to be with her husband when he gets the call. 

Ricky will have to make the journey with next to no notice to a city 150 miles away (my adopted home city) and pretty much leave everything for weeks of end. 

His intention is (subject to blood results today) is to have the op (also subject to a donar being found) and spend about four weeks in hospital. That’s just the start though, I know from my mother having a transplant it’s a huge undertaking, and months and years of being under constant doctor supervision. 

His wife, will be by his side for a week, then travel between Sheffield and oxford to see Ricky. 

Its his his wife who really needs this cash, Taxis and Hotels in one of the country’s most expensive city’s isn’t going to be easy, food and other items required for them will all cost.

His wife requires a vehicle we simply simply do not have in my business but he has been in touch with One and hopefully I can help with a few bits also. 

He is extreamley greatful for owltalks help @OWLSTALK and says since this has been posted his notifications when a donation is received has gone mad. 

He has signed up to OT now, awaiting approval so expect to see him on here soon. 

he really appreciates it all guys and I am truly humbled to speak with him, also he keeps a ST going and we plan to meet at the Birmingham Home game. 

Keep donating WAWAW. 

Great to hear the lads story Spencer and good on you for posting it , In the past I have been a recipient of Owlstalkers generocity and genuine kindness even though to them at the time I was only a username  so much so that it made a 18 stone ex bouncer cry (via different circumstances to Ricky  ) , and i'm not ashamed to admit it , that said I know they will dig deep, for Ricky without any hesitation And my friend that is what we are and we always go the extra mile for our own in their time of need ,

I remember when I first joined the site some 6 years ago app , the Owlsman told me that the Wednesday family always look after their own , and it is so true Mate so very true  ,we fall out we argue but we come together when needed And that is what matters most ,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

Great to hear the lads story Spencer and good on you for posting it , In the past I have been a recipient of Owlstalkers generocity and genuine kindness even though to them at the time I was only a username  so much so that it made a 18 stone ex bouncer cry (via different circumstances to Ricky  ) , and i'm not ashamed to admit it , that said I know they will dig deep, for Ricky without any hesitation And my friend that is what we are and we always go the extra mile for our own in their time of need ,

I remember when I first joined the site some 6 years ago app , the Owlsman told me that the Wednesday family always look after their own , and it is so true Mate so very true  ,we fall out we argue but we come together when needed And that is what matters most ,

Told you before ya daft bugger, I am never wrong, ever lol

We’re going to come together to smash this one to bits.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 2