Are you more patient depending on geographical location?

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Does someone want to educate Torres as to why the club are sinking thousands of pounds and man hours into attracting fans from Thailand and other countries to support our club?

Why would they do that I wonder?

(as a direct result we are now doing record amounts of merchandise and Ifollow sales to people overseas as well as attracting overseas business and sponsors but that might be too complex for Torres to comprehend in his mad feverish clamour to prove himself superior to everyone else)

And it's the Chairman that's doing it too. So looks like Torres could be totally wrong on pretty much every point he's making

Maybe Torres could move into the club as full time advisor?

Am sure his tactics of hurling abuse at anyone who can't get to games would work a treat

When have i hurled abuse?

We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if i had any say in this club and i dare say if most of our fanbase had a say.

This chairman who is doing everything he can for overseas supporters may want to look at the ticket prices to allow some fans nearer to home to be able to attend 

I'm up in them thar hills, and if the Owls drive me to drink any harder this season, you'll all be getting buried in an avalance of empties before the transfer window is out.

Me about two hours after final whistle, twice a week since this time last year:

tFP3RtVLIGLK.gif

FFS :duntmatter:

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think the supporters living overseas are more patient as they are not the ones paying the eye watering ticket prices.

Once you have paid over your money your opinions on the team are more sharpened.

Since I have stopped going to the away games I find myself less upset when they play poorly away.

That particular knife cuts both ways:

Last I looked, I pay a little over half of the price of a season's ticket on the Kop for the privilege of watching only some of the games, generally without commentary, frequently stuttering (though it has improved a little bit) and not getting to a match in the flesh.

I'd argue it goes the other way: Difficult pill to swallow to pay out several hundred dollars for the quality that iFollow and DAZN offer

4 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

That particular knife cuts both ways:

Last I looked, I pay a little over half of the price of a season's ticket on the Kop for the privilege of watching only some of the games, generally without commentary, frequently stuttering (though it has improved a little bit) and not getting to a match in the flesh.

I'd argue it goes the other way: Difficult pill to swallow to pay out several hundred dollars for the quality that iFollow and DAZN offer

You need to get out more......:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, torres said:

wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if i had any say in this club

Wow

Dunno quite where to start with that one

whether we start with you having alienated anyone that doesn’t attend every single game or whether to mention you alienating all out overseas fans

Or whether to point out that you do have a say every time you buy a ticket or a shirt and endorse the chairman’s policies

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

You need to get out more......:ph34r:

I'm out enough - and besides, iFollow has managed to get my wife on board and looking at trips to England for April or May to catch a pair of games.  Can't complain with that.  Worth it to make a convert out of someone who at one point required the use of a whiteboard to explain the offside rule.

Even on our current down spell, much worse ways to spend a Saturday morning than coffee and Wednesday football...

Edited by Indoor Owl

10 minutes ago, torres said:

You don't go so what good are you to Wednesday? I don't mean to be rude it's just a serious wondering?

I have worded that terribly, i apologise.

Nothing, I offer nothing financially whatsoever.

I have in the past but nothing currently. My financial support is directed at my family first and foremost and always will. From a financial priority I can assure you Wednesday are well down on my list.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wow

Dunno quite where to start with that one

whether we start with you having alienated anyone that doesn’t attend every single game or whether to mention you alienating all out overseas fans

Or whether to point out that you do have a say every time you buy a ticket or a shirt and endorse the chairman’s policies

I have said if you dont attend the matches your opinion lacks validity  - argue you that all you want i stand by it

Overseas fans - as above

I don't fully understand what you are saying with the third point 

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I'm out enough - and besides, iFollow has managed to get my wife on board and looking at trips to England for April or May to catch a pair of games.  Can't complain with that.  Worth it to make a convert out of someone who at one point required the use of a whiteboard to explain the offside rule.

Even on our current down spell, much worse ways to spend a Saturday morning than coffee and Wednesday football...

Fair enough. I was only pulling your leg with your username.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Nothing, I offer nothing financially whatsoever.

I have in the past but nothing currently. My financial support is directed at my family first and foremost and always will. From a financial priority I can assure you Wednesday are well down on my list.

And so they should be - like i said before i don't mean any offence at all.

I just find it all frustrating that people that don't go or invest financially in anyway at all feel the need to comment and therefore distort the view of the actual fanbase. i.e people that attend on a regular basis

Twitter/Forums make this far too easy 

Interesting question this one

I think on other forums they would suggest I haven't been very patient since Carlos was appointed. I suppose a lot of my fears about appointing a journeyman head coach when to me there was only a limited financial window are coming true on both counts 

Having done the journey for over 20 years now and witnessed much much worse I am constantly asking myself why I am more annoyed at the moment then previously. For me it is the sense of a missed opportunity and the much much worse will soon be back. Not sure I have the patience for that 

1 minute ago, torres said:

I just find it all frustrating that people that don't go or invest financially in anyway at all feel the need to comment and therefore distort the view of the actual fanbase. i.e people that attend on a regular basis

100% agree. No one in their right mind would offer a film review of a movie they haven't seen. Why do they do it about how a football team performs after a match they haven't seen?

It's a bit bizarre if you ask me. Same as voting for a m.o.m when they haven't seen it. Odd.

I blame social media. People who want to be heard, regardless of seeing the match. Ironically, what we're on now! :biggrin:

It's the same logic as fighting for Stan's / Loretta's right to have a baby, even though he can't have one. Everyone has a right to post. There should be an eye-witness thread, for those who've been imo. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

100% agree. No one in their right mind would offer a film review of a movie they haven't seen. Why do they do it about how a football team performs after a match they haven't seen?

It's a bit bizarre if you ask me. Same as voting for a m.o.m when they haven't seen it. Odd.

I blame social media. People who want to be heard, regardless of seeing the match. Ironically, what we're on now! :biggrin:

It's the same logic as fighting for Stan's / Loretta's right to have a baby, even though he can't have one. Everyone has a right to post. There should be an eye-witness thread, for those who've been imo. 

10 minutes ago, torres said:

The view of "actual fanbase" is fairly misguided if you're linking it to dollars spent.

I pay more than $400 to not watch online, and that doesn't come with all the games.

If I go in my planned trip this spring to take in a couple games, I'll have sunk in closer to $3000 when it's all said and done.

Am I now more of the "actual fanbase" than you?

After all, I'll have invested considerably more than you financially.  Do I get to tell you not to comment?

Pretty easy to identify the flaws in your reasoning.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

In my experience, it's the more local supporters that are most guilty of this, to be honest.

I can't tell you the number of times I've seen people complaining in the match day thread about how dire we're playing or Carlos this, Carlos, that... When 6 or 7 pages earlier they had said they don't even have Radio Sheffield for the game and are following along on Owlstalk only.

Similarly, I take the criticism of those that follow along with the radio with a grain of salt - if you haven't actually seen the game and what's happening out there, how can you be criticising our play style?

As for what's actually happening on the pitch, us remote fans have the best view of things - and the benefits of re winding or re watching

Edited by Indoor Owl

3 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

The view of "actual fanbase" is fairly misguided if you're linking it to dollars spent.

I pay more than $400 to not watch online, and that doesn't come with all the games.

If I go in my planned trip this spring to take in a couple games, I'll have sunk in closer to $3000 when it's all said and done.

Am I now more of the "actual fanbase" than you?

After all, I'll have invested considerably more than you financially.  Do I get to tell you not to comment?

Pretty easy to identify the flaws in your reasoning.

If all this expense goes to Wednesday then fair play

It doesn't though so I am not sure your point is valid

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

In my experience, it's the more local supporters that are most guilty of this, to be honest.

I can't tell you the number of times I've seen people complaining in the match day thread about how dire we're playing or Carlos this, Carlos, that... When 6 or 7 pages earlier they had said they don't even have Radio Sheffield for the game and are following along on Owlstalk.

Similarly, I take the criticism of thosev that follow along with the radio with a grain of salt - if you haven't actually seen the game and what's happening out there, how can you be criticising our play style?

How does this work when you have 2 people who have been to the same game yet one person says Player A was MOM and the other person says Player B was MOM and Player A was dross and needs selling. Im not sure opinions are that clear from people who watch the games 'live'