SWFC Chairman

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Are we loaded with debt to Doyen? Some have suggested that they have funded transfers in terms of a loan with interest.

Something stinks bad about their involvement with the club. 

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We’d never heard of him until he took over. There will be plenty of people who could do a better job than him. And plenty who would be worse too. 

Having said that if he learns from his mistakes, respects our traditions, gives us our stripes back and makes us less of a ticket price pariah I’ll cheer him rather than shrug my shoulders.

But my opinion is irrelevant and I’m not in the business of driving anyone out or booing. I haven’t once called for his head. What would be the point? We are his ego-trip/plaything/investment. What we aren’t is what this club is to most of us on here - a lifelong obsession/passion. 

name them

13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We’d never heard of him until he took over. There will be plenty of people who could do a better job than him. And plenty who would be worse too. 

Having said that if he learns from his mistakes, respects our traditions, gives us our stripes back and makes us less of a ticket price pariah I’ll cheer him rather than shrug my shoulders.

But my opinion is irrelevant and I’m not in the business of driving anyone out or booing. I haven’t once called for his head. What would be the point? We are his ego-trip/plaything/investment. What we aren’t is what this club is to most of us on here - a lifelong obsession/passion. 

i think your a blade

36 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

OH christ,you've said it now,ya know he gets his money from daddy right ?

Ya know he isn't a successful man in his own right ?,cos no bugger can find out anything about him right ?:Chansiri:

I bet he got more money than you. I not bothered if daddy gave it him or not. He spent as much as he can on swfc according to the financial rules on clubs now

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

The chairman sadly has clearly taken some bad advice and made some inexperienced decisions over the three seasons. Personally I think he's been so wrong to charge the prices he has but perhaps that's down to him wanting to sell multiple year season tickets so he's perhaps got no room for manoeuvre through doing so.

Hes put millions in, improved the ground the playing staff and given us a team and club which we havnt seen for twenty plus years but it seems for a lot that's not nearly enough.  

Having stood by Carlos longer than most ...I now admit I was wrong and he should go now, the biggest worry I've got with DC is that he's failing to show leadership and decisive action when we urgently need it but as for calling him out alongside Carlos that's utter tosh imo. As I said earlier who the feck want to go back to playing Southend and bloody Stevenage ...seems some do.

I agree with you totally he shouldn't be getting this dogs abuse and can't for the life of me see what it can achieve who cares whether it's stripes or any other style..... Vincent Tan decided red. God knows what would happen on here.

He isn’t getting dog’s abuse. If he did what Tan did he’d get what Tan got.

I think he’s had far less stick than you might expect after dumping a well loved kit and badge and charging ridiculous prices. It’s the evangelism that gets to me. Dave Richards was a hero once. DC invested in us for his own reasons and none of them were because he loves Sheffield or Wednesday. In my opinion of course.

6 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

sorry wrong chat . should have said. point taken. what would you prefer fans to do at next match. chant sack them all. how about trying to make things better at hillsborough by being positive with whats good and being constructive about what you dont like. The manager is the problem. The chairman can sort this. Back him to do the best for the club and he may well do it. Critisising him for his beliefs and disliking him for asking his extended family to join in with them as he has with the fans traditions (not enough according to you) 100 million pounds spent on our club. Updating dated badges and kit for a more modern marketable brand has obviously caused you a great amount of mistrust. I am glad he the chairman and not you

Hirsty..The 150th  birthday shirt would have sold out if it was brown and green hoops, the badge is crap....I don't dislike him for his beliefs...I'm worried abvout his supertisions..Its a different thing...I have said f.ook all about his extended family...although I give as much of a flying f.ook about his extended family as he does about mine

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He isn’t getting dog’s abuse. If he did what Tan did he’d get what Tan got.

I think he’s had far less stick than you might expect after dumping a well loved kit and badge and charging ridiculous prices. It’s the evangelism that gets to me. Dave Richards was a hero once. DC invested in us for his own reasons and none of them were because he loves Sheffield or Wednesday. In my opinion of course.

did dave richards love wednesday. he loved loaning the club 18 million pounds at 35 % apr then bankrupting 5 star and running to the fa for a job

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Something stinks bad about their involvement with the club. 

I am still trying to figure out what value they add to the club that could not have been done to a higher standard using traditional methods based on the manager/head coach (along with a team of scouts) identifying the transfer targets then the club closing out the deals. Why does there have to be middle men involved? Given the state of the transfer dealings that the club have been involved in, the only conclusion I can come to is Doyen are screwing us over.

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

that is good coming from you. My point is back him or name a better candidate. your point is lets criticise the guy for putting in his money and trying to make swfc great or at least profitable for a sound future

Nobody is asking for a new chairman...Simply askin' for this one to wise up.................

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

who cares whether it's stripes or any other style..... Vincent Tan decided red. God knows what would happen on here.

I care. I care alot. While ever there was a possibility of promotion I , like many others, bit my lip, held my tongue and stayed silent. Now, finally, it's clear that we are nothing but a huge tv away from being right back where we were three years ago. Only back then we didn't have a bunch of ageing has beens on the payroll who we are stuck with for the foreseeable. So , even if he does pull the trigger on CC we aren't in a great position tho challenge any time soon. Now tell my why the hell I should care if DC walks by which I think you mean sells. And another thing , we weren't playing Southend and Stevenage  when DC showed up. We were a mid table championship side like, you know, now. Well, like now but in stripes and a proper badge