SWFC Midfield

9 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I like Reach, add a bit of aggression to his game and he'll be some play. As for my thought on his position, i think some of his best performances have been when he's come inside but it's a free role anyway and he can be trusted to be switched on to counters and will run all day especially if  the likes of Pudil is struggling to get back

Make ya mind up, you with us or not?

You have a soft spot for Reach, soft spots in football dont work

5 hours ago, bens299 said:

What can we actually change in midfield?

Can we put in 3 cm?

Actually play real wingers as wingers?

Play a 4 - 3 -3?

4 - 5 -1

and we know wh have loads of attacking power how about something like 3 - 4- 3?

I dont know, what do you think?

It dosnt work , will never work and makes us very unbalanced with no width , but Carlos cant see it. 

Said all along our midfield is weak too small in height too weak in tackles and they drift all over the place loosing shape 

lee if you watch him , ok he does get in some decent positions but always follows the other wednesday players and asks for the ball and then passes quickly back again whats the point in that !! 

against brum he was awful and totally not strong enough loosing most 50/50 

jones don't even go there can't tackle at all and plays sideways or backwards 

no confidence any of them really 

a good Carlton palmer player is what we need to go forward and put challenges in 

with this midfield I guarantee we will never go up 

8 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Midfield made Karl Henry look like Patrick Vieira in his prime in the first half last week.

We are that lightweight that it only really works when we hunt in packs like we did at our best in Carlos' first season. 

Absolutely! My worry is that we're not fit enough to do it this season..why?

Wallace Lee Bannan FF

or

Wallace Lee Bannan Reach

Many say it's not strong enough, but it has produced our best results over Carlos's tenure, like it or not.

It is not perfect, but it's the best we have. It's balanced, energetic, and it works.

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yeah, was going to mention fitness, which seems lacking.

Am I being too generous thinking we might even have a training schedule with aim of peaking later in the season? I know Manchester United used to do that.

You may well be right.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wallace Lee Bannan FF

or

Wallace Lee Bannan Reach

Many say it's not strong enough, but it has produced our best results over Carlos's tenure, like it or not.

It is not perfect, but it's the best we have. It's balanced, energetic, and it works.

While you're here.

To press a point.

What's your take on the Leeds to Bolton shift?

Now we're getting somewhere. Our midfield is decent enough but they're all doing their own thing which is odd when you factor in our dull methodical approach. Personally I don't think id want to try anything other than 4-4-2 at the minute and tell the fullbacks that their first job is to defend.

Whatever the formation all round the pitch it's a case of several square pegs in several round holes isn't It. 

Reach - Hutch - Bannon - Lee ?

Not a Wallace fan at all

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

While you're here.

To press a point.

What's your take on the Leeds to Bolton shift?

Not a clue.

First 20 v Leeds we could have been two down. Then something clicked. Sky showed a stat after 20 mins where we had had one shot and Leeds four. They showed it ten or fifteen later and we had had seven to Leeds still having four. All season we have these 20 minute spells where we transform from Bridlington to Barca.....but usually go back to being Brid. Against Leeds we simply got better and better.

Didnt go to Bolton so I've no idea if we had that golden 20 minutes. 

Overall I think we lack balance. Playing 3 CMs failed dismally last season, but looked more promising for a game or two this season, but ultimately us failing again.

He needs to balance the side, by picking his best TWO central midfielders and Reach and Wallace. Personally, those two midfielders should be Lee and Bannan, but frankly Bannan and Jones would work too. It just needs to be TWO of them.

My guess is that Carlos is a lost cause. Us fans have seen through him, and the hardened pros in the dressing-room will have seen through him ages ago. I don't see us getting anywhere while he stays in charge.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not a clue.

First 20 v Leeds we could have been two down. Then something clicked. Sky showed a stat after 20 mins where we had had one shot and Leeds four. They showed it ten or fifteen later and we had had seven to Leeds still having four. All season we have these 20 minute spells where we transform from Bridlington to Barca.....but usually go back to being Brid. Against Leeds we simply got better and better.

Didnt go to Bolton so I've no idea if we had that golden 20 minutes. 

Overall I think we lack balance. Playing 3 CMs failed dismally last season, but looked more promising for a game or two this season, but ultimately us failing again.

He needs to balance the side, by picking his best TWO central midfielders and Reach and Wallace. Personally, those two midfielders should be Lee and Bannan, but frankly Bannan and Jones would work too. It just needs to be TWO of them.

My guess is that Carlos is a lost cause. Us fans have seen through him, and the hardened pros in the dressing-room will have seen through him ages ago. I don't see us getting anywhere while he stays in charge.

Thanks for the reply... I won't..of course.. ask you who you want in.

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Thanks for the reply... I won't..of course.. ask you who you want in.

I was listening to some radio pundits talking about the Leicester vacancy today, and one said you don't realise how many top managers are available until a vacancy arises.

I think once Carlos goes, and I believe he soon will, that we will be bowled over with the options in the running. If we are willing to buy a ten million striker on 65k per week, we are capable of attracting a top 10% manager. 

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I was listening to some radio pundits talking about the Leicester vacancy today, and one said you don't realise how many top managers are available until a vacancy arises.

I think once Carlos goes, and I believe he soon will, that we will be bowled over with the options in the running. If we are willing to buy a ten million striker on 65k per week, we are capable of attracting a top 10% manager. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Davis could use you on the brexit negotiations. Who would you want to coach/manage us if we have a change?