Who remembers this former Sheffield Wednesday player?

He was an excellent player. Alexanderson was a rare gem in that team.

Someone mentioned collins. He was a nice footballer. I'd forgotten these players. 

Who remembers Ray Blackhall. An excellent right back who had to quit through injury. This is from memory and not the Internet. 

A very good player; by God he would look immense in the current team.

I remember the Man United game clearly as it was my last before going off on a year long trip around the World. It just shows how the World has changed; I was sitting in a bar three nights later in Singapore and they were showing Premier League matches. Tons of locals in watching it as if it was live. It was clear they did not know the final outcome. I cheered our goals like I had done three days earlier. The Singaporean manure fans took it all in good humour.

Wim Jonk scoring as well. I am sure the Dutch pronounce J as W and O as A. Or they should have done.

On 10/10/2017 at 20:37, @owlstalk said:

680.jpg

Have a look at this photo. See if you can recognise this former Sheffield Wednesday star.

I thought he was ace. Seemed to be really popular throughout his time at Sheffield Wednesday

Can't remember why he left or where to but always felt it was too soon

When we got relegated from the Premier league he was the only player we sold for a fee £2.5m if my memory serves me.

A quality player and very under rated, he went on to make over 100 appearance for Sweden at a time when they were a very good team. When i was growing up he was in that core of players we had of Peter Rudi, Reg Blinker, Di Canio, Carbone that added something different to the team along side the British lads.

In todays game he would be a £30-50m players

On 10/10/2017 at 20:37, @owlstalk said:

680.jpg

Have a look at this photo. See if you can recognise this former Sheffield Wednesday star.

I thought he was ace. Seemed to be really popular throughout his time at Sheffield Wednesday

Can't remember why he left or where to but always felt it was too soon

Alexandersson, like many others was sold in a pathetic effort to balance the books after our ridiculous overspending on old has beens and injured players got us into a mess which quickly spiralled out of control. 

Poor old Danny Wilson was persuaded into leaving a club he was adored at, to coming back to us with a remit of getting the italians under control and selling off any players that would bring money into the club. He was always on a hiding to nothing and several of us Wednesdayites begged him to stay with Barnsley until Wednesday had sorted themselves out. Unfortunately for us, we had no idea it would take so long!

I liked Alexandersson's endeavour, but he was not the most talented winger we have had by a long way, although he could show Palmer a thing or two on how to run up and down the wing all day.

Wilson, despite blotting his copy book by becoming our manager, will always stand out for me as one of our hero during a time when we felt like we belonged in the top division and felt we could compete with any club on our day. You always knew that the end of the half was coming when Wilson started getting a bit ratty, ready for a *** and would go into a challenge that should only ever end in him getting a card.

"...did well ...Wilson...GOALLLL!"

12 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Alexandersson, like many others was sold in a pathetic effort to balance the books after our ridiculous overspending on old has beens and injured players got us into a mess which quickly spiralled out of control. 

Poor old Danny Wilson was persuaded into leaving a club he was adored at, to coming back to us with a remit of getting the italians under control and selling off any players that would bring money into the club. He was always on a hiding to nothing and several of us Wednesdayites begged him to stay with Barnsley until Wednesday had sorted themselves out. Unfortunately for us, we had no idea it would take so long!

I liked Alexandersson's endeavour, but he was not the most talented winger we have had by a long way, although he could show Palmer a thing or two on how to run up and down the wing all day.

Wilson, despite blotting his copy book by becoming our manager, will always stand out for me as one of our hero during a time when we felt like we belonged in the top division and felt we could compete with any club on our day. You always knew that the end of the half was coming when Wilson started getting a bit ratty, ready for a *** and would go into a challenge that should only ever end in him getting a card.

"...did well ...Wilson...GOALLLL!"

Actually I do Alexandersson a great dis-service by saying he was not the most talented winger we ever had, but what I meant by that was that his hard work was the thing yo would remember him most for, not his crosses, assists or goals, he was more of an outright grafter. During his two and a half seasons for us in the prem he only scored 7 or 8 league goals in 70 odd games, but he was one of our very best players during those troubled times and for me, the fact that he was one of our best players back then signalled our slide down the league because the rest of the team were not up to his standards.