Go to pub drink 10 pints

4 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

It's on old song this one, England have sang it for years and so have Wednesday 

There are many old songs that aren't sung anymore (rightly) because of their questionable content e.g. "I'd rather be a p*** than a Blade". I just don't think its particularly big or clever to sing about beating women. Just my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Stokey said:

Really minor negative for me on Saturday was in the pub before and after the game singing this song referring to ourselves as woman beaters. I'm sure the majority of us can agree this is not something we particularly want being associated with Wednesday tbh.

Am I just being too soft or does anyone else get this?

2 minutes ago, Stokey said:

There are many old songs that aren't sung anymore (rightly) because of their questionable content e.g. "I'd rather be a p*** than a Blade". I just don't think its particularly big or clever to sing about beating women. Just my opinion.

Don't sing it then - your conscience is then clear.

2 minutes ago, Stokey said:

Agreed, awful song.

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I wouldn't sing that song because it's pretty dumb . Having said that, I couldn't care less if others do, got more pressing concerns in life to be honest 

Agree with you. Just thought it'd be a decent discussion.

Thought this was about my long gone grandad who was a furnaceman ... proper job.

This (10 pints) was his absolute minimum intake of the day ... many pints downed before

normal people got up in the morning .. and so on thru' out the day and in the pub on the

way home from work.

He used to pick up his glass from the bar just three times .... minimum effort - maximum enjoyment.

Customs and excise, weights and measures used to come to see him to verify the

accuracy of their figures with his 3 x 1/3 pint gulps.

Makes a change from talking crap about our club .... BTW he was big Wednesday fan

and first saw them around 1900.

Never felt more like beating the wife the Wednesday lose United win oh Wednesday you got me beating the wife 

Well, she never felt more like cryin' all night
'Cause everythin's wrong, and nothin' ain't right
She looks like panda
You got me beating the wife 

just isn't right singing shlt like this now stop it lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Never felt more like beating the wife the Wednesday lose United win oh Wednesday you got me beating the wife 

Well, she never felt more like cryin' all night
'Cause everythin's wrong, and nothin' ain't right
She looks like panda
You got me beating the wife 

just isn't right singing shlt like this now stop it lol

If you don't beat the wife then you're a blade.....

• Haha 2

Going to sound like a boring old fart now.

But when I first went to the games one of the things I loved was the swearing and non PC chants and humour.

Now a lot of those chants have gone and football games are a lot more sterile these days.

It is only a song, do I find it funny? Yes I do to be honest.

3 minutes ago, markg said:

Imagine being a grown up and thinking that songs about hitting women are funny.

That's me!!!

• Like 1

Well lets be honest they are all hen pecked and their wives rule the house with a rod of iron so they have to feel good about themselves for 10 minutes once in a while