Someone has to, I'm going to be really brave and ask this ...

34 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Does the club really want promotion?

Of course we want promotion , only a ballbag would think otherwise , but we have made a mess of our transfer policy and are now suffering . Our squad to unbalanced and the problem we have now is we are close to FFP limit because of bad signings. 

Im sure DC will learn from this in the future 

Yes, mainly to secure the long-term future of the club with an infusion of Premier League money which would let us refurbish Hillsborough and build the club more sustainably, rather than making a loss year after year.

Naturally it also be terrific to see Wednesday going up against the big boys again, back in the league we've aimed at for 17 years. However with all that said, given the increasing amount of nonsense that surrounds the premier league every year, I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if we were to drop down again, as long as the Championship remains a little more down to earth - though judging by the situation at clubs like Wolves, who knows if that will actually be the case.

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

I get the feeling there's a lack of activity and urgency about the place. Most of us were able to see where we were struggling a couple of years ago and yet the longstanding problems still remain. They were talking about this on FH last night

This whole project is about the prmier pot of gold mate  - we went all in on Rhodes and lost so it'll be loan players again now

Guest everydays_wednesday

Would be boring on here if we were promoted as when we lost we would expect it and blame no one !