Preston Away.

Guest RocketOwl

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I don't think FF will start at Preston. Could be wrong but not sure he has started a game up front this preseason so probably won't happen at Preston and I am convinced he will start Reach and Boyd wide.

Need Loovens fit obviously but other than that I just hope he goes with players who are totally 100% fit and doesn't take any risks. 

For that reason alone I would be surprised if we see Hutch, Abdi and perhaps Fletcher starting. All 3 were late into preseason games and must be behind others in terms of fitness 

Can't see him leaving FF out. He's fit and raring to go. 

15 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Keep playing him on the left and he will leave !! 

If true, which I don't believe for a second, then fine. Off he goes.

No player picks his position.

And he isn't good enough as a striker anyway. We have at least 3 better strikers.

Westwood

hunt

lees

hutch

fox

boyd

Bannan am

jones dm

ff

rhodes

Hooper

balance and we need to go for it and stop playing like a bunch of ******* when opposing teams attack us.

dont like pudil nor fox but out of the two it's fox for me.

not getting defenders in could potentially ruin our season. Loovens and hutch are both injury prone so once they're gone then what? Also no sasso or semedo for a bit of cover.

13 hours ago, A12owl said:

Who do you THINK will start.

Who do you WANT to start.

THINK

Westy

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Boyd

Bannan

Hutch

Reach

Fletcher

Hooper

WANT

Westy

Hunt

Lees

Hutch

Reach

Wallace

Bannan

Lee

Boyd*

Hooper

Rhodes

I would prefer FF left and Boyd right, but I think the two recent red cards v Preston will mean Carlos will leave him out. Which I fully understand.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If true, which I don't believe for a second, then fine. Off he goes.

No player picks his position.

And he isn't good enough as a striker anyway. We have at least 3 better strikers.

Oh dear!! We have three better strikers yet FF as been our top scorer for 2 seasons running and is our most influential player???? 

FF as been at his best through the middle, he as proven this time and time again.

2 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Would be nice to see that IMHO. That's quality fire power in anyone's book.

Hopefully they'll stay fit and form a partnership, then with FF, Fletcher & Joao coming off the bench we'll be dangerous as...

40 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

It would be criminal to not play Rhodes, anyone suggesting otherwise needs their heads testing.

Totally ageee....CC needs to find a system that accommodates FF, Rhodes and Hooper without putting FF on the left.

Let's be honest we don't play with quick wingers nor do we thrive on crosses so why not find a system that accommodates our three best players?? 

Good sides build their teams around their best players...CC on the other hand seems to find a way to demoralise them or play them out of position!! 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Totally ageee....CC needs to find a system that accommodates FF, Rhodes and Hooper without putting FF on the left.

Let's be honest we don't play with quick wingers nor do we thrive on crosses so why not find a system that accommodates our three best players?? 

Good sides build their teams around their best players...CC on the other hand seems to find a way to demoralise them or play them out of position!! 

Again more proof of wednesday fans and their imaginations...demoralised? Pull the other one.

Spose this nonsense can support an agenda.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Again more proof of wednesday fans and their imaginations...demoralised? Pull the other one.

Spose this nonsense can support an agenda.

Did you see bannan and FF last season? Both been pushed out wide constantly...end in them

both sulking!!!

10 hours ago, DesWalker said:

I get the feeling Boyd was brought in to give us the balance and work rate on the right to allow us to play FF on the left particularly away from home. 

I can can see Boyd tucking in letting Hunt bomb on whilst FF has a bit of a free role on the left. 

I really can't see Boyd not featuring heavily in this upcoming season TBH. He'll be on an experience level to that of Hooper, Rhodes, and Fletcher (and all well proven at top level) - so they'd most likely work well together in any set up on the day. Forestieri is for me at a disadvantage with his relatively lesser experience however good he is, and he is outstanding. So overall it's a bigger risk for CC to place Forestieri as a lead figure in our attacking line up when taking experience into account for selection decisions. That said, I think the overwhelming majority of us love what Forestieri brings to the team and would pick him to start moat games. 

Without any further significant transfers out so far it's difficult to predict the preferred front 2/3 players and the overall system that CC will opt for as there are still a lot of options. Then there's always the additions we are likely to see arrive. Odds are they'll be defenders or possibly wishful thinking a solid CM with game...

So for me, yes I can see the Boyd/Forestieri balance type of picture you mention but can't see CC playing it and managing to squeeze in a front two. Unless we beef up in our spine with new  CBs and CMs joining.

15 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Fernando will start upfront.

I don't think he's done enough over the last 12 months to start anywhere, expect to see him on the Bench because Reach will be playing Left Mid I think, weather that turns out to be right or wrong, I think that's what he'll do.

1 minute ago, LiamAP22D said:

I don't think he's done enough over the last 12 months to start anywhere, expect to see him on the Bench because Reach will be playing Left Mid I think, weather that turns out to be right or wrong, I think that's what he'll do.

Jesus what have you been watching? If he doesn't deserve to start, none of our other forwards do. He's done more than any of them.