Gary Monk

11 minutes ago, ramone said:

Chansiri and Carlos are thick as thieves. 

If I was a business owner and my manager was improving us year on year, i'd be happy with him too

In what way has he improved us this year. We start next season in exactly the same place as we started this, except for a significant reduction in our bank balance.

Just now, WBridgfordowl said:

In what way has he improved us this year. We start next season in exactly the same place as we started this, except for a significant reduction in our bank balance.

We finished the regulation in a better position and with more points. Surely you dont need me to elaborate...? 

2 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

I am not vehemently against him staying.

But I'm concerned that he seems unable to look beyond the team he keeps putting out.

I mean if Carlos can't fit the likes of Rhodes Abdi Mcmannaman into the team, how will he incorporate any future signings?

The team has failed to get promoted twice. It needs to evolve. He must reassess. 

And im not vehemently against him leaving.

My concern is that whilst we have a good manager, and he seems to be struggling to evolve the team, to adapt and to accommodate new signings, a new manager might destroy much of what we have so as to start again. A new manager is not necessarily a better manager (unless you're replacing the likes of Irvine). Personally, I have more confidence in Carlos to address his problems (and to get us two places higher next season) than I have in us recruiting a manager that would deliver promotion straight away.

7 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

So you're saying we haven't improved since Dave Jones then?

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

We finished the regulation in a better position and with more points. Surely you dont need me to elaborate...? 

So let's say next season we finish in the same place but with an additional point, having invested heavily, I'm guessing you'd still see that as progress?

24 minutes ago, ramone said:

If I was a business owner and my manager was improving us year on year, i'd be happy with him too

I'd be tempted to see what my investment had gone on.

When I see expensive strikers who aren't scoring and won't even take penalties I'd be concerned.

I'd also not be happy that we set up so defensively in two legs against an inferior team. In both legs they took the game to us, which to be honest is pathetic when we are at home.

The fact we finished two league positions higher is irrelevant when the outcome is still the same.

Some long hard thinking for Chansiri and perhaps another rummage under the cushions on the sofa to go again.

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Yeah, I noticed that as well, he's got eyes like pig arses on a butchers slab.lol

Exactly. 

It's a bit unnerving. 

It was a bit like when Dougie Freedman manages. The bloke is so pasty. Looks permanently ill. 

Just now, WBridgfordowl said:

Sorry but when I said this year, I meant this year. What on earth has Dave Jones got to do with anything?

It has a lot to do with your definition of improvement.

You suggest that as we start 17-18 in the same place as we started 16-17 then there has been no improvement.

It follows then that we have not improved since Dave Jones, as next season we will start in the same place as we did in 12-13.

If you agree we've improved since then, surely you can accept that improvement over any period has nothing to do with starting next season at the same level.

Guest Manwithastick
9 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Was at the game last night. Turned up late trying to find his seat.

Ignore Siggi being a troll. Page 23 - I posted an image. Then I explained what I have been told a couple of pages later. We are in the championship next year.

I'd expect this to happen fairly soon.

7 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

I'd be tempted to see what my investment had gone on.

When I see expensive strikers who aren't scoring and won't even take penalties I'd be concerned. The fact he didn't take a penalty isn't even an argument or a topic of discussion. I'd rather have players stepping up that are confident, not the ones that aren't. it shouldn't even be mentioned.

I'd also not be happy that we set up so defensively in two legs against an inferior team. In both legs they took the game to us, which to be honest is pathetic when we are at home. We set up with a game plan to win a game of football. A plan that was being executed a treat until a couple fo minor mistakes let them in. Did you expect us to win 10-0 on aggergate or something? 

The fact we finished two league positions higher is irrelevant when the outcome is still the same. We improved. 3 seasons again Brighton finished 21st in the table. The season after they lost to us in the play off semi. Is that an improvement? 

Some long hard thinking for Chansiri and perhaps another rummage under the cushions on the sofa to go again.

19 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

So let's say next season we finish in the same place but with an additional point, having invested heavily, I'm guessing you'd still see that as progress?

What do yo think. Is getting 1 point more and a position higher in the table better...? You simply cant say no because it is.