I really hope we go up for one reason

My lad. 

Does anyone else get this with kids?

Im honestly sick of him coming home from school having the absolute bobber ripped out of him for supporting WEDNESDAY. 

Take a wild guess who these little sheep support? Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City etc etc etc. None of which they have ever been to see. 

I buy him the stuff (bag, pencil case etc) and all he gets is "they are crap" "support someone good" he's only 7 and fair play to him he still wants to come to every game we go too. We live a fair way away now so none of his mates are owls BUT WE STILL GO to games.

If We go up, I hope it will show these these stupid kids what I already know "WE ARE ON OUR WAY" and are a great side and have a wonderful future. 

Stick with us my boy 

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

I get what your saying fella but regardless of what league we play in your always going to get the glory hunters following the so called big teams without ever going to a game. Its not on that other kids see fit to rip your lad about it but he should take comfort from the fact he isn't a plastic fan and belongs to a very select family, after all you don't choose Wednesday, Wednesday choose you.

WAWAW

Just now, Blue and white said:

I get what your saying fella but regardless of what league we play in your always going to get the glory hunters following the so called big teams without ever going to a game. Its not on that other kids see fit to rip your lad about it but he should take comfort from the fact he isn't a plastic fan and belongs to a very select family, after all you don't choose Wednesday, Wednesday choose you.

WAWAW

I just feel for him that's all, but agree totally with your post. 

He will be a proper fan 

Guest Ash76

Lived in London when I was a young un and experienced similar although 91 cup win was my last year at school so I was able to give a bit back. 

But tell him from me its so much more satisfying when we do achieve things, his mates will never feel what he will.

Edited by Ash76

I feel his pain I had it all though school and we really where poo then and being in a school down south didn't help 

I'm still Wednesday till I die allwase have been allwase will be 

my lad is 5 so it hasn't started for him yet and my other lad is only a week old 

UTO WAWAW 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Lived in London when I was a young un and experienced similar although 91 cup win was my last year at year so was able to give a bit back. 

But tell him from me its so much so much more satisfying when we do achieve things, his mates will

never feel what he will.

Agreed, so want him to feel ON top of the world in a few weeks time!! 

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

I just feel for him that's all, but agree totally with your post. 

He will be a proper fan 

I count myself fortunate to have been around to see the good days of the mid to late 80's and 90's  and feel sorry for anyone who wasn't around to experience them, however bear with it because them days are coming back.

1 minute ago, bedfordowl said:

I feel his pain I had it all though school and we really where poo then and being in a school down south didn't help 

I'm still Wednesday till I die allwase have been allwase will be 

my lad is 5 so it hasn't started for him yet and my other lad is only a week old 

UTO WAWAW 

Seems this is a common thing being an owl, at least he's not alone, we have great support all over the place I tell him this all the time and he goes to 10+ games a year so he knows all the players (well not Urby - that threw him) 

Wednesday till I and he dies! 

Yes never understood so called fans who support big clubs just because they are big clubs which they have no connection with i suppose at their age they don't know any better though it appears your lad does. 

Keep supporting something that means something  to you.

Once an owl he'll. never be anything else 

1 minute ago, bedfordowl said:

It makes it even more special mate I bet half the lads that take the pee have never been to a game don't know what it is like to have a real love for a football Club 

Nope none of them. I said to one lad, been to anfield then? He said what's anfield? lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I have adult friends like that, its a bit sad really.

Yeah they can be even worse TBF. Mate of mine a coventry fan... through and through and ST holder.....apparently, then asked me if I fancied going with him to highfield road, I said yeah defiantly, but what for as they moved like 15 years ago or something :duntmatter: 

Just now, Spencerowl said:

Yeah they can be even worse TBF. Mate of mine a coventry fan... through and through and ST holder.....apparently, then asked me if I fancied going with him to highfield road, I said yeah defiantly, but what for as they moved like 15 years ago or something :duntmatter: 

lol

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Didn't they move Highfield Road to Northampton lol

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

Didn't they move Highfield Road to Northampton lol

For a short while as they couldn't pay the bills at the Richo, I think they will struggle because at least one ST holder has not paid......lol