I really hope we go up for one reason

8 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I'm in the same boat. Most of my lads mates are Man City / Utd, Chelsea etc. All prem. 

in fact my son has been to Anfield & Stamford Brg in last few seasons. Which is more time ms than any of his prem supporting mates. 

He puts up with the occasional mocking but sticks up for the Owls. The only thing that bugs him is the Sondico badge, while his mates wear Nike or Adidas. 

Cannot wait til we're in the prem to watch Hazard Kane Kante  Coutino etc all being denied by Westwood 

lol 

Agreed, who's the club kits manufacturer next year? Do we know 

Little anecdote: Whilst doing some gardening in the back in the 1990's in Clowne, I overheard a conversation between Father and Son, who at the time watched American Football: 

Son; 'Dad , can I have a ManUtd shirt?

Dad; 'No, Son. What good would it do. I would never be able to take you  Anyway, if you want a shirt, why not get a town shirt (Chesterfield). You could go and watch them!'

The conversation carried on for a while, until a voice, mine, rang over the garden wall.

Me : 'Why not come with me to Hillsborough on Sat, and we can get a shirt there. You canalso watch the match.'

Son; 'Can I, Dad?'

Dad; ' If you behave yourself, and if Mr. Hall takes you, you must do everything he tells you.'

Son:  'Smashing'

The Lad went with me. We travelled to Halfway, parked and got the tram in. We had Fish and Chips outdoors, went down to the Club shop, and purchased his shirt.

On his return he ran to his dad, 'Smashing Dad, Can I go again. Brunt's smashing, my favourite!'

He proudly wore his shirt to school, and stll goes to this day.  

At least he coming into it when we are on the up...

I first started taking mine when we were on the decline and culminated to when nearly down from league 1.. (shudders)..

Out of the 3 lads.. 2 carried on with us but one fell by the wayside regarding football !

I was upset last season at wembley for them as much as anything else..  seeing the youngest (14) in tears at the end was tough..  Lets hope this year is a happier ending.

after promotion against Wycombe

476895_10151061238084768_265921307_o.jpg

Wembley last year with me and there grandad..

13237872_10154960455429768_5170034547328

34 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I'm in the same boat. Most of my lads mates are Man City / Utd, Chelsea etc. All prem. 

in fact my son has been to Anfield & Stamford Brg in last few seasons. Which is more time ms than any of his prem supporting mates. 

He puts up with the occasional mocking but sticks up for the Owls. The only thing that bugs him is the Sondico badge, while his mates wear Nike or Adidas. 

Cannot wait til we're in the prem to watch Hazard Kane Kante  Coutino etc all being denied by Westwood 

lol 

lollol Westwood to deny Kante your having a laugh. If Kante played in all 38 games against you Westwood may see 3 shots from Kante.

10 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

My lad. 

Does anyone else get this with kids?

Im honestly sick of him coming home from school having the absolute bobber ripped out of him for supporting WEDNESDAY. 

Take a wild guess who these little sheep support? Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City etc etc etc. None of which they have ever been to see. 

I buy him the stuff (bag, pencil case etc) and all he gets is "they are crap" "support someone good" he's only 7 and fair play to him he still wants to come to every game we go too. We live a fair way away now so none of his mates are owls BUT WE STILL GO to games.

If We go up, I hope it will show these these stupid kids what I already know "WE ARE ON OUR WAY" and are a great side and have a wonderful future. 

Stick with us my boy 

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

I've always had same problem with my lad,he's been going to Hillsborough since he was 4 and had loads of grief.

He's 11 now and tells them to roger off!!!

10 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

My lad. 

Does anyone else get this with kids?

Im honestly sick of him coming home from school having the absolute bobber ripped out of him for supporting WEDNESDAY. 

Take a wild guess who these little sheep support? Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City etc etc etc. None of which they have ever been to see. 

I buy him the stuff (bag, pencil case etc) and all he gets is "they are crap" "support someone good" he's only 7 and fair play to him he still wants to come to every game we go too. We live a fair way away now so none of his mates are owls BUT WE STILL GO to games.

If We go up, I hope it will show these these stupid kids what I already know "WE ARE ON OUR WAY" and are a great side and have a wonderful future. 

Stick with us my boy 

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

Does your mrs know you try to give away your lad when you go to matches?

2 hours ago, Jacobswfc16 said:

I'm 15 and live near Manchester so everybody supports man city, man united. And everyday whenever people start talking about football all they say to me is "Wednesday are sh*t". It winds me up so much, we've got more history than city and more people around the world will know who we are ( because we're massive) and just because we don't have oil money doesn't mean we're sh*t. Heard that everyday at school since I was about 8. 

Errrr...

Someone should probably break it to this kid...

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Be proud of your son he's a real fan and not a glory hunting plastic 1.

Come on Wednesday make it happen for him and us.

Couldn't be prouder Tinks, cannot wait for the day he can hold his head up high when we have smashed UTD 3-0 

25 minutes ago, adamnich said:

Actually it could be worse, you could, like me, have a kid who is going to have to half-support Ipswich Town as her mother and the in-laws are all Ipswich fans... saying that they seem to have lost all hope recently

Atleast you only need to buy one kit next year