I really hope we go up for one reason

The years of  stressful , mentally and physically tiring trials of following this club teaches the young ones about life in Britain.

They grow to know and appreciate the good moments.

It's the plastics who are the ones who will be hit by a wall of complete shock and horror the first time they go for a job interview and don't get it, for example. 

Our young fans will just accept it as a knock back and keep going strong till they get a result.

Charachter building!

When the good times do come back, as they surely are doing. Then their appreciation will be far greater.

11 hours ago, foxy owl said:

Yes never understood so called fans who support big clubs just because they are big clubs which they have no connection with i suppose at their age they don't know any better though it appears your lad does. 

Keep supporting something that means something  to you.

Once an owl he'll. never be anything else 

Yes, it's bizarre. I had a "discussion" with an Ethiopian the other week (a Man U "supporter", natch) who wanted to know why I don't support a "big" club (he actually suggested Barcelona as a possibility (oh, my God)). I tried to explain to him the concept of football as an expression of community and familial loyalty but got nowhere. I found it very hard to resist the temptation to ask him why he hadn't simply solved the problems he had had in his native land by joining the other side in the civil war as they must have been worth joining if they were winning! I'm glad I didn't do that but really, what is the point of him being a Man U fan? (He did say he had been to Old Trafford. Once.) It's like me supporting The Muslim Brotherhood in their death struggle against whoever they are in a death struggle with:laugh:

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The years of  stressful , mentally and physically tiring trials of following this club teaches the young ones about life in Britain.

They grow to know and appreciate the good moments.

It's the plastics who are the ones who will be hit by a wall of complete shock and horror the first time they go for a job interview and don't get it, for example. 

Our young fans will just accept it as a knock back and keep going strong till they get a result.

Charachter building!

When the good times do come back, as they surely are doing. Then their appreciation will be far greater.

This 100%

every year me and some mates go on a day pisss up and wear our teams colours Wednesday,Swansea,Cardiff etc.

well couple year back we got talking to a couple of 'chelsea fans' a week before our wee wee up ,so we invited them out on the pisss up the week after,telling them to wear their arsenal shirts.

They both turned up wearing Everton shirts with one of the guys still having the price tag on his shirt lol

we was winding them up saying Everton was chelseas nickname and they were agreeing lol

Good on your kid for wanting to follow Wednesday and not following the glory hunters.

Thing about out supporting SWFC you appreciate the good times, I mean we have watched enough dross over the years, nearly gone out of business (thanks Milan) hence why this season hopefully could put us back in the big time. Personally I will be hugging my kids like mad if we win at Wembley. 

Makes me laugh when you see Arsenal fans wanting Wenger sacked cos they might not finish in top 4, for the 53rd season in a row. 

Easy to to follow a crowd, better to follow your instincts.

7 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

He's a true owl to put up with their glory seeker poop good lad unfortunately kids are growing up now supporting teams they'll never get chance to watch and they support them because the big name players are there that's all. Your lad is an owl in blood his idol plays on hillsborough turf he can see every week he's a proper football supporter not a glory seeker. Look on bright side he doesn't have to deal with listening to blunts thinking they best in world everyday at school haha 

best at thing is we've got the potential to do a Man City now we've got money and a big club on its way back. Just wait and see

I really hope your right, as @Costello 77 says - wonderful things are going to happen. 

37 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Good on your kid for wanting to follow Wednesday and not following the glory hunters.

Thing about out supporting SWFC you appreciate the good times, I mean we have watched enough dross over the years, nearly gone out of business (thanks Milan) hence why this season hopefully could put us back in the big time. Personally I will be hugging my kids like mad if we win at Wembley. 

Makes me laugh when you see Arsenal fans wanting Wenger sacked cos they might not finish in top 4, for the 53rd season in a row. 

Easy to to follow a crowd, better to follow your instincts.

Trying to raise him right, only to aware of the dross watching week in week out. 

I honestly cannot wait for us to be playing "plastic fans teams" and taking him to massive games like Man City, Spurs and the like even if just for the stadiums

Just now, Costello 77 said:

You shouldn't have seen that...I was going to say that now's the time to stick together as a fanbase...dont know how it came out like that.

You need to take your tablet mate, you know what happens when "sad" Costello comes out