I really hope we go up for one reason

7 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

My lad. 

Does anyone else get this with kids?

Im honestly sick of him coming home from school having the absolute bobber ripped out of him for supporting WEDNESDAY. 

Take a wild guess who these little sheep support? Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City etc etc etc. None of which they have ever been to see. 

I buy him the stuff (bag, pencil case etc) and all he gets is "they are crap" "support someone good" he's only 7 and fair play to him he still wants to come to every game we go too. We live a fair way away now so none of his mates are owls BUT WE STILL GO to games.

If We go up, I hope it will show these these stupid kids what I already know "WE ARE ON OUR WAY" and are a great side and have a wonderful future. 

Stick with us my boy 

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

Great post. My little lad is 5 and is just starting to show an interest- he wants to know the scores, sings the songs and says he supports Wednesday and doesn't like anything with red and white stripes! 

Season tickets lined up for next season to hopefully complete his initiation! He'll be 6 in September so hopefully a bit more aware too. I can't decide whether it would be better for him which league we're in to be honest- maybe he'd be better seeing us win more games next season?

I totally agree though that long term we need to be PL for the young'uns. This culture of having to support a PL team sickens me. It wasn't there when I was a kid- I reckon there were 3/4 Liverpool fans and that was it.

I'd honestly rather see kids trotting round in Sheffield United shirts than PL shirts - although that doesn't apply to mine. lol

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Great post. My little lad is 5 and is just starting to show an interest- he wants to know the scores, sings the songs and says he supports Wednesday and doesn't like anything with red and white stripes! 

Season tickets lined up for next season to hopefully complete his initiation! He'll be 6 in September so hopefully a bit more aware too. I can't decide whether it would be better for him which league we're in to be honest- maybe he'd be better seeing us win more games next season?

I totally agree though that long term we need to be PL for the young'uns. This culture of having to support a PL team sickens me. It wasn't there when I was a kid- I reckon there were 3/4 Liverpool fans and that was it.

I'd honestly rather see kids trotting round in Sheffield United shirts than PL shirts - although that doesn't apply to mine. lol

Woooa there now that's a choice, but like do you want a kick in the nads or punch in the face 

Just tell him to ask then when they last went to a match. When they say I don't but I still support them he can say 'well if we're going to be like that then I'm a Real Madrid fan'

if that doesn't shut em up stab them

7 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

Yeah they can be even worse TBF. Mate of mine a coventry fan... through and through and ST holder.....apparently, then asked me if I fancied going with him to highfield road, I said yeah defiantly, but what for as they moved like 15 years ago or something :duntmatter: 

I live in Swinton and it was like that even there back in the 80s. We used to sing the old Chi Lites song to them (obviously in the days before Sky TV):

Well you shoot your mouth everywhere you go

But all you do is listen to the radio

Have you seen 'em

Have you ever seen 'em

Used to shut them up nicely :biggrin:

Just tell him to ask them what huge side pi55ed allover them last season.

Silly little brats that have never been to a game. Your lad can at least say he's been to Hillsborough.

But to be honest most neutral real fans have respect for you. A big club with loyal fans even after the long poo time you have had. Most of them kids will have had two or three teams befor they leave school.

Long live real fans and the fact you will all see the prem next season.

48 minutes ago, markg said:

Just tell him to ask then when they last went to a match. When they say I don't but I still support them he can say 'well if we're going to be like that then I'm a Real Madrid fan'

if that doesn't shut em up stab them

WTF:

13 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I just want us to go up so we can have Hillsborough as a proper stadium on FIFA 18. Not much to ask for is it!!!!

We won't be popular with the graphic designer - nettings well hard to draw 

8 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

My lad. 

Does anyone else get this with kids?

Im honestly sick of him coming home from school having the absolute bobber ripped out of him for supporting WEDNESDAY. 

Take a wild guess who these little sheep support? Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City etc etc etc. None of which they have ever been to see. 

I buy him the stuff (bag, pencil case etc) and all he gets is "they are crap" "support someone good" he's only 7 and fair play to him he still wants to come to every game we go too. We live a fair way away now so none of his mates are owls BUT WE STILL GO to games.

If We go up, I hope it will show these these stupid kids what I already know "WE ARE ON OUR WAY" and are a great side and have a wonderful future. 

Stick with us my boy 

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

I had that all the time in Banbury when I was younger, thrown in a few Newcastle fans and Villa for good measure. I'm sure your lad will be fine, least we've got some decent players now, it was Andy Booth and Ritchie Humphreys up front when i was a kid.

I wouldn't swap a second for support one of the above clubs, the coming together of fans at The Millenium Stadium and Wembley shows how great this club is!

4 minutes ago, Gparrish said:

I had that all the time in Banbury when I was younger, thrown in a few Newcastle fans and Villa for good measure. I'm sure your lad will be fine, least we've got some decent players now, it was Andy Booth and Ritchie Humphreys up front when i was a kid.

I wouldn't swap a second for support one of the above clubs, the coming together of fans at The Millenium Stadium and Wembley shows how great this club is!

To make it worse next door bloody neighbour is a blade - how far away must I go? 

We are a huge huge club and great support - he sees this in sheff obviously would just love us to play the "big" clubs so he can tell them to do 1

There are only 20 teams which can play in the premiership each season (if we still had 22 we may have more of a chance)     We are on the way back.      I went to school with people who supported Wednesday, United but have switch now as adults of supporting clubs like Chelsea.    I know one person who started to supporting Wednesday, switched to Man Utd now he supports Man City.   One of my cousins when he was a child it was Man Utd now as an adult he has seen some sense and supports Wednesday.

It will be okay in years to come should one of the big boys go out of business or end up having to play in the conference these people will probably changed their mind of who to support. 

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

To make it worse next door bloody neighbour is a blade - how far away must I go? 

We are a huge huge club and great support - he sees this in sheff obviously would just love us to play the "big" clubs so he can tell them to do 1

Our time is coming don't worry about that, sooner or later he'll get one over on them. He's already seen more games at his age, than most of them will in their life. 

A blade down here? I know the town is going down hill, didn't realise it had dropped to that level already.

3 minutes ago, Gparrish said:

Our time is coming don't worry about that, sooner or later he'll get one over on them. He's already seen more games at his age, than most of them will in their life. 

A blade down here? I know the town is going down hill, didn't realise it had dropped to that level already.

Has it on a car sticker, bald as brass sick of letting his tyres down. 

56 minutes ago, fox said:

Just tell him to ask them what huge side pi55ed allover them last season.

Silly little brats that have never been to a game. Your lad can at least say he's been to Hillsborough.

But to be honest most neutral real fans have respect for you. A big club with loyal fans even after the long poo time you have had. Most of them kids will have had two or three teams befor they leave school.

Long live real fans and the fact you will all see the prem next season.

This. I live in Stockport and my lad started out as a City fan then followed Liverpool. 

I didn't push him too hard but gently cajoled him in the right direction. 

His first game was Brentford at home in 2004-5 and we did the usual Wednesday thing....one up against 10 men, couldn't get a second and then conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes to lose.  That didn't help his initiation. But he saw the light and he's now a true owl. He's at Newcastle uni and still adores us..... I've got him hooked for life....is that child cruelty?

Luckily we were decent in the early 90s when i was at school but im sure as he gets a bit older he'll know inside that he has a proper passion for the game and his club and through the ups and downs it will be a lot more exciting than the boring boring predictable top of the table teams 

My kids were born in the early 90s and they are still so passionate about supporting our beloved club. However it breaks my heart that they have never experienced any real success. Last years Playoff final was hard to bear when I looked them in the eyes at the final whistle.  What a moment it will be when it finally happens.  

I'm in the same boat. Most of my lads mates are Man City / Utd, Chelsea etc. All prem. 

in fact my son has been to Anfield & Stamford Brg in last few seasons. Which is more time ms than any of his prem supporting mates. 

He puts up with the occasional mocking but sticks up for the Owls. The only thing that bugs him is the Sondico badge, while his mates wear Nike or Adidas. 

Cannot wait til we're in the prem to watch Hazard Kane Kante  Coutino etc all being denied by Westwood 

lol 

17 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

This. I live in Stockport and my lad started out as a City fan then followed Liverpool. 

I didn't push him too hard but gently cajoled him in the right direction. 

His first game was Brentford at home in 2004-5 and we did the usual Wednesday thing....one up against 10 men, couldn't get a second and then conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes to lose.  That didn't help his initiation. But he saw the light and he's now a true owl. He's at Newcastle uni and still adores us..... I've got him hooked for life....is that child cruelty?

No it's not, it's pearenting. It's interesting how supporting a club like ours has made me appreciate things so much more.

my first every true experience of the magic was the Wycombe game, I've been a life long owl but that was the first time "I was there" been hundreds of times before but nothing touched that game. It's great that yours and everyone of our kids will have these moments every now and again, imagine being a UTD fan and being "bored" of success what kind of person that makes you