Carlos/Wenger

If its meat and cheese you like...

may i tempt you with our Pork and Stilton pie..done two ways...

either a pork pie with a stilton topping

or a pork pie with stilton mixed with the meat and a pastry lid

both equally delicious

Just now, ANDY said:

If its meat and cheese you like...

may i tempt you with our Pork and Stilton pie..done two ways...

either a pork pie with a stilton topping

or a pork pie with stilton mixed with the meat and a pastry lid

both equally delicious

Shameless.

1 hour ago, Ali G said:

Carlos is our Arsen Wenger. Will never finish 1st full of excuses and no backbone!

In a way, you're right. The reason why Arsenal will never win the European Cup under Wenger, is simply because a club like Arsenal don't have the players to win it playing that way. Were Wenger at Real Madrid or Barcelona, then yes he could win it with them. If you're a club of Arsenal's size you need to do it the Chelsea way.

Ditto Carlos. Were he at a parachute club, with better all-round players, then probably he could play his natural game and gain promotion. Without parachute funds a club needs to be more pragmatic, as Boro were, but Carlos doesn't excel at that brand of football. He's tried it this season and it's stale and predictable. That's why good players look mediocre here.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

In a way, you're right. The reason why Arsenal will never win the European Cup under Wenger, is simply because a club like Arsenal don't have the players to win it playing that way. Were Wenger at Real Madrid or Barcelona, then yes he could win it with them. If you're a club of Arsenal's size you need to do it the Chelsea way.

Ditto Carlos. Were he at a parachute club, with better all-round players, then probably he could play his natural game and gain promotion. Without parachute funds a club needs to be more pragmatic, as Boro were, but Carlos doesn't excel at that brand of football. He's tried it this season and it's stale and predictable. That's why good players look mediocre here.

Stale and predictable, like the tesco bakery.

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

So about those real ales fellas. 

I like the Bradfiled selection but my favourite, Belgian blue is only a festive beer.

Why? Shame. 

Belgium Blue (named after the cow, as I am sure you know) was available at the pre home match pub I go to, up until about a month ago. You can normally get it for a good few months after its release. It will be available again from the 30th October. The Poppy Ale is nice too, out one week earlier.

My favourite though is Badger's Poachers Choice. A rich, ruby beer which has a softly spiced sweetness and a fruity damson aroma, with a slight liquorice hint at the end. 5.7%abv too, so it's no slouch either.

Edited by ChapSmurf

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, Ali G said:

But we live in the here and now. That's the problem with a lot of our fans always holding on to the past whether it be good or bad

Exactly what they are doing with Rhodes.