Oxford UTD

21 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

What a strange post, your missing the point. Irrespective of club as the comparison the point remains the same. 

Fans turning on each other is the point - Oxford is very much just one of many teams who have had negativity spread causing problems. 

The view on them is irrelevant surly?

SurEly it is not, there is a huge difference in the realistic ambitions of the two respective fan bases. Oxford over achieved once, we've under achieved for the last 20 years, hence our disappointment being more justified.

3 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

Oxford have never been a huge club by any definition. 

Not a huge club compared to say Chesham Town? It's a perspective thing really isn't it?

as I keep saying however Oxford are not important to my post just the expamle of negativity - I'm guessing some just want to be negative for the sake of it even over a post explaining this?

6 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

SurEly it is not, there is a huge difference in the realistic ambitions of the two respective fan bases. Oxford over achieved once, we've under achieved for the last 20 years, hence our disappointment being more justified.

Compeltly agree there is a huge difference in expectations however my point was about negativity not expectations 

The thing about Oxford United is when they were in the top flight EVEN with the most positive/ supportive fans in the world their stay at the top table was always likely to be short lived. League 1 is historically their level.

Where as history shows that's it inevitable Wednesday will be back in the top flight sooner or later, regardless of fan negativity.

Edited by sheffsteel

8 minutes ago, steveger said:

It doesn't offend me in any way whatsoever, I quite like Oxford cheered them on when they beat QPR at Wembley that year... I couldn't give a poo who thinks they are huge.massive,enormous or just big, it matters not and means nothing IMO, just some deluded fans wee wee tail measuring... 

I simply sarcastically replied with "just did" for the banter nothing to do with the actual size of Oxford as a club, so apology accepted spencer :biggrin:

I apolagise unreservedly good sir :manager:

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

They beat us plenty of times though

Only time I went to their ground was in the cup

Their then chairman, Maxwell, doubled the entrance fee which was something that had never been heard of before

I went with my mate Pete, his sister Wendy, and their mother the late great Vera Chapman

Vera said on the trip down, 'while Maxwell is counting his money, we will be counting the goals'

Oxford has always been a tricky fixture, as you've alluded to, mainly because we usually play them when we're shiite

The result? we won 3-0 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Don't think you can say Oxford were a huge club

They've won exactly the same as we have in the last 80 years.

One league cup..   They beat QPR 3-0 in about 1986.

Would like to say we are a huge club but unfortunately we've never fulfilled our potential while I've been watching them  (1958 onwards).