Hutchinson is the problem

48 minutes ago, richowl said:

You want to replace Hutchinson in midfield with jones? 

They do the same job & both sit deep. Hutchinson is far superior at doing it though. You know when Hutchinson is in midfield but jones is like the invisible man.

the problems are out wide (LB,LM & RB,RM) & defensive tactics.

Which of course is why teams get promoted with Jones in the side.

lol

11 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Ok smart arse....even more so! lol

My posts contain either 5 words or 500 words. 

I once pressed "submit" before typing anything and the post got more pluses than any of mine before or since. Do you think I should take the hint?

It's a difficult one because Hutch has been the best player for us at times this season. I do also however see the point that he seems to be playing deeper than Loovens and Sasso at times leaving gaping holes in the middle of the pitch. This then usually means Wallace playing somewhere in the middle leaving huge gaps down that right hand side with no support for Jack Hunt. There were times on Saturday jack hunt got the ball down the right with 3 Leeds players surrounding him. 

Don't understand this, few months ago we were all clamoring for Hutch in midfield to give us that bite we missed .. we put him there, he wins all the plaudits and everyone is w@nking themselves silly over him ..

we have a few bad games, and people are now questioning his role in midfield, saying he should be at the back or that we as a team are struggling now he's in there and that some of you have been saying this since day one.

absolute joke. the problem is the tactics we are playing to keep it tighter than a 10 year olds backside at the back and hoping all our pacey (yeah right) attacking players will create something out of nothing

We played with 3 central midfielders last season, Hutch (Lopez if Hutch was injured) being one of them, and this worked for us in many a game

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Guest wilyfox

If we're looking for someone to blame for gorgeousness, awesome hair, great abs, and midfield spunk... then yes, Hutchinson is the problem. 

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Don't understand this, few months ago we were all clamoring for Hutch in midfield to give us that bite we missed .. we put him there, he wins all the plaudits and everyone is w@nking themselves silly over him ..

we have a few bad games, and people are now questioning his role in midfield, saying he should be at the back or that we as a team are struggling now he's in there and that some of you have been saying this since day one.

absolute joke. the problem is the tactics we are playing to keep it tighter than a 10 year olds backside at the back and hoping all our pacey (yeah right) attacking players will create something out of nothing

We played with 3 central midfielders last season, Hutch (Lopez if Hutch was injured) being one of them, and this worked for us in many a game

all season the gap between the midfield and forwards has been a problem, so much so we are launching the ball to Rhodes

I dont know what the answer is but do notice Hutch sits far too deep. Think this is perhaps as neither CB can ping it about so he has to do the job of 2 players

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 hours ago, Holmowl said:

My posts contain either 5 words or 500 words. 

I once pressed "submit" before typing anything and the post got more pluses than any of mine before or since. Do you think I should take the hint?

Yes, probably!!! lol

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Would be nice if he played midfield..  Whenever I look for him , he's positioned himself between the two CBs... 

There's defensive midfielder... and there's 3 at the back .. I wouldnt consider dropping him , but he needs to play further up to let Bannan/Abdi link up with forwards rather than them coming back on defensive duty all the time.

Edited by Vaughan

15 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

To be fair, even when Hutchinson was getting the plaudits (and I think he still is!), many of us on here have been banging the same drum about him playing too deep, and us getting completely overrun in midfield. 

As has already been said more than a few times in this thread, this isn't a thread criticising Hutchinson, but the role he's been shoe horned into, which is part of a hopelessly inefficient system. 

Put Hutchinson in the exact same role, but in a 4-3-3, with genuine attacking wide men attacking the box, and two ball playing midfielders in front of him, then Hutchinson's performance would remain unaffected, but the rest of the team would be set up where it could utilise their strengths, without compromising the midfield control or defensive cover.