Poll: Man of the Match vs Blackburn...and your player ratings,

Man of the Match vs Blackburn  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Blackburn?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Bannan
    • Wallace
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • Reach
    • Forestieri
    • Fletcher
    • Jones

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Waaaaaay too stressful for my poor heart.

But three HUGE points.

Westy - 8  - great double save and commanding in air

Hunt - 7 - did ok at both ends, but still too many crosses in

Loovens - 6 - unusually twitchy tonight

Sasso - 10 - take a bow son. MAGNIFICENT. Best defender by far, and two beautifully taken goals. What a night. Delighted for him. Undroppable.

Fox - 5 - poor lad had 45 minutes from hell. That header started it, and it got worse. Shame cos he whipped two promising crosses over prior to his rick.

Wallace - 7.5 - decent all night. Fabulous corners back to his very best. Worked his tripe off.

Reach - 7.5 - great energy, and marauded down the left well after HT linking well with BB and FF

Hutch - 6 - bizarre he didn't go off after 30. Clearly badly injured. Could hardly walk after that. Very poor from him (brave but foolish) and poor that what was obvious from the stands wasn't seen by staff.

Bannan - 7.5 - one man midfield tonight (see above). Did his best but he was outnumbered all night. Better second half when Jones on, and linked well with left side, spreading balls to FF and Reach. Bit like last season second half.

Winnall - 5 - night to forget, quickly. Nothing.

Rhodes - 6 - not much better, but 90 minutes of effort.

FF - 8 - made a big difference. Great attacking presence AND BOY DID HE TRACK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slightly greedy, but guess that's yo be expected as he wanted to prove a point no doubt. We have found our left hand side, second half. Pudil nor Fox look good enough at LB, and Reavh-FF was excellent

Fletch - 6 - battled but rusty as hell. 

Jones - 6.5 - noticed he was massively up for it. Liked his intensity, but wasn't great.

.....phew....can we have a comfortable 3-0 next time please.

Not sure why this was negged. Great review, much appreciated by those of us who can't get there

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Definitely Reach. Only one who tried to make anything happen in an awful first half and was excellent at left back in the 2nd. 

Sasso was solid enough and obviously showed what a threat he can be in the opposition box. 

Loovens was also generally solid. 

FF was our only creative spark. Needs to start the next game behind Rhodes.

The rest ranged from poor to atrocious.

Wallace for all his detractors keeps popping up with assists or goals. Was it him who hit the bar with the free kick. I was at the other end of the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

FF - 8 - made a big difference. Great attacking presence AND BOY DID HE TRACK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slightly greedy, but guess that's yo be expected as he wanted to prove a point no doubt. We have found our left hand side, second half. Pudil nor Fox look good enough at LB, and Reavh-FF was excellent

Agree with the bolded bit 100%.

The rest is you just seeing what you want to see again. He barely tracked back at all. He clearly doesn't like having to defend. In fact Carlos had to shout and gesticulate towards him numerous times in an attempt to push him back and towards the left.

He was superb picking the ball up centrally and driving forward.

Just now, joelswfc said:

Not sure why this was negged. Great review, much appreciated by those of us who can't get there

It was negged by ishsb because I was complementary about Fernando's performance on the LW.

Not sure quite what he didn't like about Nando seeing so much ball, having so much space, and having what was it, seven or eight shots in 45 minutes? Compare that to what little change he gets up front against hairy-arsed CBS.

On the (pet) subject of this, I thought FF cutting inside left a chasm of space for Reavh to exploit, which he did several times to get crosses in and win corners. It also gave B.B his best period ( interested to hear other views on this) as he had FF and a Reach to feed. I thought that was an excellent and constant threat.

7 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Wallace for all his detractors keeps popping up with assists or goals. Was it him who hit the bar with the free kick. I was at the other end of the pitch.

Yes it was. Beauty of a free kick. Haven't seen the highlights but I think the goalie got fingertips to it.

Wallace's dead-balls were a threat all night.

Bannan's wasn't too shabby was it? Nice body check from Loovens to give Sasso free passage for his volley. Training ground stuff worked to perfection.

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I thought he was very poor tonight generally, but yes he hit the bar and managed to add another assist to his name.

Thought that he would be subbed for mcmanaman, but CCs bizarre decision to bring on Fletcher at 55 mins, cut down his sub options.

Nearly as strange as the bristol 55 min intro of nuhiu.

9 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Negged because half of it is just completely wrong.

No mention of the fact that Carlos had to repeatedly shout at him to not only get back, but also get back out wide.

Reach was brilliant 2nd half. He did admittedly have a lot of space due to FF wanting to constantly play infield when we had the ball, but when they had the ball, he was extremely isolated. He did a great job defensively. 

9 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Agree with the bolded bit 100%.

The rest is you just seeing what you want to see again. He barely tracked back at all. He clearly doesn't like having to defend. In fact Carlos had to shout and gesticulate towards him numerous times in an attempt to push him back and towards the left.

He was superb picking the ball up centrally and driving forward.

Ok.

Over to anyone sat in the North, cos I am the other side of the pitch around the Lep End penalty spot.

To me, apart from his first 5 minutes, I thought FF put in a massive shift. The reason I ask for North Stand view is that I saw FF several times bossing Reach in deep defensive positions pointing which attacker to take and where to go. I thought he played a huge team role tonight.

If that wasn't a display of tracking back tonight then my wee wee pipe is a kipper.

FF and Reach in tandem were one of very few rays of hope tonight.

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Thought that he would be subbed for mcmanaman, but CCs bizarre decision to bring on Fletcher at 55 mins, cut down his sub options.

Nearly as strange as the bristol 55 min intro of nuhiu.

From the South it was clear Wallace was really flagging around 50. I thought he had to come off. 

But it as soon as he brought Fletch on he simply had to stay. Hutch was a walking cripple tonight. 

In hindsight, Carlos got the subs bang on.

Fox - shocker poor lad. F F made an enormous difference.

Winnall - not far behind him. Fletch improved us marginally.

Jones - should have been on after 30. Criminal.

Westwood 8

Hunt 6

Sasso 9

Loovens 7

Fox 6

Hutch 6

Bannon 6

Reach 6

Wallace 6

Winnall 5

Rhodes 5

Forestieri 7

Fletcher 5

Jones 5

Another 3 points taken from another poor performance, we will romp this league when we finally get out of 2nd gear.......

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

From the South it was clear Wallace was really flagging around 50. I thought he had to come off. 

But it as soon as he brought Fletch on he simply had to stay. Hutch was a walking cripple tonight. 

In hindsight, Carlos got the subs bang on.

Fox - shocker poor lad. F F made an enormous difference.

Winnall - not far behind him. Fletch improved us marginally.

Jones - should have been on after 30. Criminal.

Would have done the FF, Reach, fox sub.

Agree would have got hutch off for Jones earlier.

Thought the Fletcher for Winnal was wrong, or at least premature. Mcmanaman for Wallace would have had more effect.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Fernando for me

only exciting part of that second half.

Sasso two goals but weak defensively tonight

Westwood 7- two class saves

fox 4- poor tonight

loovens 5- cant handle players with pace

sasso 7- 2 clinical finishes,poor defence

hunt 5- poor

reach 6- rubbish on the wing ,better at lb

bannan 5-few decent breaks,bad passing and shootings laughable

hutch 4- crap tonight ,remember him injuring their player and nowt else

Wallace 4-awful passes all night

winnall 4-unlucky with service again,looked frustrated coming off

rhodes 5-tried his best,again no service

Fernando 7.5(motm)-Fernando of last season,unlucky with disallowed goal

fletcher 6-won some good headers and worried their defence

jones n/a

very lucky tonight,crossbar saves us again

Careful mate that first line is not what some want to hear however accurate it might be and even though it's only an opinion. Wasn't there so won't comment but would say a couple of golden boys were mentioned on player in the line up then hardly ever again.

Great result but sounded poor on player but having said that even Pearson was prattling on about anything but the game and most of the chat was nothing to do with what was happening, it's very frustrating don't think they realise you want commentary on what's happening not chat chat of their opinions.

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Ok.

Over to anyone sat in the North, cos I am the other side of the pitch around the Lep End penalty spot.

To me, apart from his first 5 minutes, I thought FF put in a massive shift. The reason I ask for North Stand view is that I saw FF several times bossing Reach in deep defensive positions pointing which attacker to take and where to go. I thought he played a huge team role tonight.

If that wasn't a display of tracking back tonight then my wee wee pipe is a kipper.

FF and Reach in tandem were one of very few rays of hope tonight.

I watched FF carefully tonight. I also watched Carlos every time FF slowly made his way back. 

I couldn't believe Blackburn took their right winger off (Mahoney?) in the 2nd half. He looked very tricky in the first half and would have been 1 on 1 with Reach time after time if they'd switched play and picked him out.

Fox got far more support from Reach than Reach did from FF. 

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Would have done the FF, Reach, fox sub.

Agree would have got hutch off for Jones earlier.

Thought the Fletcher for Winnal was wrong, or at least premature. Mcmanaman for Wallace would have had more effect.

Dunno. Winnall barely seemed at the races tonight. Nice link with Rhodes for a shot from the edge of the box after about 15, but did he even touch the ball after that?

But I take your point and I thought Wallace was flagging badly so him off for Macca was a decent shout.

That said, Wallace ran his heart out to the 94th minute, and he WAS beggared. Also, his corners were different class tonight.

Westwood- 8 - nothing he could do about the goal. Just bad luck. 

Immense with his saves. 

Hunt 7- thought he played well they rarely bothered us down his side till late on. Got forward well as usual. Lack of quality on crosses mind. 

Sasso - 9- man of match. Immense took his goals well and showed lees and Loovens what it means to attack a ball. 

We don't score enough from set plays and tonight was a welcome change

Loovens- 6- steady as always

Fox -4 - looked alright until that horrible header then looked woeful. Became a liability. Right to go off 

Reach - 5 - back to the norm really huffed and puffed but nothing really came off. A lot of money for alright. 

Bannan - 5 - bits that were good, too many bits that weren't. Too negative and too wasteful with the ball. Decent delivery from set plays. 

Missed target twice when should have done better. 

Hutch- 5 - not one of his better games. Passing weak and very negative. Don't like him and Barry together. Need to play one with a attacking midfielder at home. 

Wallace - 6 - worked hard and good corners. Covered a lot of ground but little came off for him. Had a bad spell in 2nd half but recovered. 

Winnall - 5 - playing too deep, didn't win a header and didn't do anything really. Rhodes might as well have been playing on his own up there. 

Defended well on set plays

Rhodes- 6 - tried but got literally zero service other than a hit and hope long ball. 

Subs 

Nando - 7 - looked good after a slow start. Always wanted to go forward and passed it around well. 4 or 5 positive shots. Very unlucky tp not score 

Fletcher- 5 - played winnall role of Mr invisible perfectly. Did absolutely nothing. 

Jones - 5 - fail to see how he played week in week out for Burnley. 

He's basically Darren Potter.  Steady away but never goes forward. 

Should have been abdi although I understand why he went for Jones. 

Team performance- 4 

Very poor. Blackburn had more of the ball and we're by far the better side. 

Take 3 points though. Team needs fresh ideas. 

Everything is too slow and top predictable. 

Don't lie bannan and hutch together 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Dunno. Winnall barely seemed at the races tonight. Nice link with Rhodes for a shot from the edge of the box after about 15, but did he even touch the ball after that?

But I take your point and I thought Wallace was flagging badly so him off for Macca was a decent shout.

That said, Wallace ran his heart out to the 94th minute, and he WAS beggared. Also, his corners were different class tonight.

The 55th like for likeish, non injury induced centre forward sub, was strange, given the circumstances on the pitch.

2 centre mids on a yellow, hutch hobbling, one sub already done. Odd decision.

That 55 sub, cut his options right down.