Sheffield Wednesday Quiz 1

I would have gone for Shreeves too but couldn't remember if he was a full time manager as I know he was caretaker at one point.

I thought everyone would go for Dooley.

Disappointed that it wasn't Kivo who got the guy from the 1920's. Makes you think he's not as big a nerd as he is perceived to be.

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I would have gone for Shreeves too but couldn't remember if he was a full time manager as I know he was caretaker at one point.

I thought everyone would go for Dooley.

Disappointed that it wasn't Kivo who got the guy from the 1920's. Makes you think he's not as big a nerd as he is perceived to be.

I remember Shreeves and Yorath both had caretaker spells then got it full time (did one of em have Waddle on the staff or was that Wilson?

Did the exact same scan for Kivo. VERY DISAPPOINTING

1 hour ago, martyn8484 said:

enjoyed that. are you doing more? I'll be very surprised if Boulougne didn't use wiki for his answers.

If he's pretty old (no offence BOB!) not necessarily - if it's his era you tend to remember stuff from when you were a kid. I started going in 1981 and so some of my unique answers were from the early 80s because of that. In fact I saw Stainrod score more goals against us in one game (3) than he scored for Wednesday overall (2).

Pleased with 4th place but ruing picking Shreeve and Kavanagh now! Surprised Kenwyne was a unique answer,  I bet all of us got him but all but one thought "nah, too obvious"!  I said in the PM to Whitechapel as well, I bet one of them is Warren Feeney but I didn't risk it because I had no idea what he actually looks like! I do remember Graham Barrett though, but didn't recognise him.

17 hours ago, martyn8484 said:

enjoyed that. are you doing more? I'll be very surprised if Boulougne didn't use wiki for his answers.

Not really mate 

I'll explain to clear up......

No.1    Asked my dad , he came up with exactly the same player , he said deffo over 200 apps. 

No.2   Remember this when I was a kid. 

No.3   Easy this one , thought Dooley would be higher though.

No.4   Remember him scoring for us ( 3 at Burnley ) , my brother said he scored against us for West Ham. Was going to pick Ronnie Ferguson.

No.5.   Ante Mirocevic , bit dodgy this one as he was Yugoslavian but I knew he was from Montenegro, other option was Finland ( Kuqi) 

No.6   Bit of a punt , knew he was stand in for Mackintosh, asked my dad if he'd played ten games , he said probably. 

No.7   Remember this and thinking how bad are we? 

No.8   Complete guess , I know we won the league in 1903 1904 and the cup in 1896 and 1907 so I thought they must have been half decent around that time. 

No.9  Remember him scoring about 1974 -  another Ritchie Humphreys 

No.10  Asked my son.

45 minutes ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

Not really mate 

I'll explain to clear up......

No.1    Asked my dad , he came up with exactly the same player , he said deffo over 200 apps. 

No.2   Remember this when I was a kid. 

No.3   Easy this one , thought Dooley would be higher though.

No.4   Remember him scoring for us ( 3 at Burnley ) , my brother said he scored against us for West Ham. Was going to pick Ronnie Ferguson.

No.5.   Ante Mirocevic , bit dodgy this one as he was Yugoslavian but I knew he was from Montenegro, other option was Finland ( Kuqi) 

No.6   Bit of a punt , knew he was stand in for Mackintosh, asked my dad if he'd played ten games , he said probably. 

No.7   Remember this and thinking how bad are we? 

No.8   Complete guess , I know we won the league in 1903 1904 and the cup in 1896 and 1907 so I thought they must have been half decent around that time. 

No.9  Remember him scoring about 1974 -  another Ritchie Humphreys 

No.10  Asked my son.

fair play, I take it back :-) No offence intended. Well done on your excellent answers

Edited by martyn8484