Poll: Man of the Match vs Aston Villa

Man of the Match vs Aston Villa  

688 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Aston Villa?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Hutchinson
    • Pudil
    • Bannan
    • Abdi
    • Lee
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Hooper
    • Nuhiu
    • Palmer

This poll is closed to new votes

Everybody is calling lees a hero for his tackle (and rightly so), oh er missus.

But bigger credit must goes to Abdi for his last ditch tackle.

First game at a new club, you could have forgiven him for just trying to get through it and impress with his skills.

But he tracked back and made up a lot of ground to make that interception, very impressed with his attitude.

I voted for Hutch, and it has been confirmed when I looked at the stats.

Whilst Fessi is always impressive it seemed that as a team we played to him too much. It was as if the instructions were  give it him and him alone when there were better options elsewhere on the pitch, but not to worry.

One major disappointment was the kicking of Westwood, it needs to improve!

Not FF for me, was quiet in the first half, and although few moments of magic in the second half, scoring from a stinking Villa error doesn't warrant MOM

Hutchinson - complete performance in all areas of footballing. Absolutely brutal on the deck and in the air. Masterclass.

As i said last season when he played a few games there with Loovens while Lees was injured, if both Hutch and Lee are fit, that is our number 1 centre back pairing and if that was plying its trade in the premier league then they would be or should be playing for England.

Absolutely brilliant.

As other have posted, it was very hard to pick between Lees, Lee, Hutch and Nando, but for my money Hutch kept us in the game during a period of play which could easily have seen us sink to a goal or two with an impressive number of interceptions, tackles, blocks and clearances. Taking nothing away from Forestieri's devastating accuracy at the end, but if that was the deciding factor, how come Hooper got zero votes for the part he played in the goal?  

I have never been comfortable with Hutch in midfield and still put a lot of our Wembley woe down to his inclusion in Bannan's position which changed the whole shape of our very successful end of season team. As a central defender however I have always thought he looked at home and excelled by doing what he is best at, winning the ball as it comes towards him and distributing it to his team mates, often with a very good diagonal ball to the wing.